Health Discovery Network
DrJulieAnn

It's Usually Only One or Two Choices

Here is what I've learned since tracking my eating since Saturday: It is usually only one or two choices that puts me over my points target for the day.

Looking back over the past few days, I eat good, filling foods, and then along comes one or two "over the top" foods that cause me to have to dip into my WPA's.

Not that it is necessarily a bad thing to dip into the WPA's. I mean, that is what they are there for. But, it is very enlightening to see how those one or two choices really impact my points tally for the day.

And the thing is...those one or two food choices weren't really about being body hungry. They were about being head or heart hungry.

I can see now how those one or two choices start to add up. All it takes to gain 10 pounds in a year is 100 extra calories a day. But those choices AREN'T just 100 calories each. They are much, much more.

So, how many of those "over the top" choices was I making BEFORE I started tracking? E-tools makes it so easy to track and so easy to see those "over the top" choices. And I'm tracking using the 3-month tracker, too so that I take out my yellow highlighter at the end of the day and put a big yellow highlight through my "over the top" choices.

Knowledge is key. Knowledge is power.

Knowledge is the key to the power to lose weight.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Guest sodacracker

So true. Learning that made me realize that every bite does count.

The last several days I have been making myself crazy...:bcb_huh:...trying to figure out the New Momentum Plan...thinking about the upcoming "food fest" holiday with my family....AND the fact that my portions that have been getting larger....I am really having to control myself! :bcb_cry:

This week I have been logging what I am eating and being aware of my portions. Like Soda said......every bite does count!

~*Melodee*~

th_flowers.gif

Did I understand correctly that you are SUPPOSED to use the WPA now even on Simply filling/core or is that not correct? I normally don't use too many of them by the end of the week and I don't see any reason why I should if I don't need to. Can anyone explain that part?

I expect I will just do what I have been anyway, just wondering.

McCall

----------------------------------------------

weight.png

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

McCall, there is no change in terms of using WPAs. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. There is absolutely NO reason to change what you've been doing if it works for you!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hi McCall, the point of my post is that if I wasn't making one or two poor high-point choices, I wouldn't need to be dipping into my WPA's...I'd be at my target for the day instead of "over the top" of the target.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Dr. Phil made the exact point. He said that most people do well for most of the day, and that there is a small window each day that is the time that is most challenging...

If you can figure out a way to handle that challenging small window of time, you will be handling the whole day the way you intend. :salut :bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I know exactly when my window of time is-right when I get home from work. If I can get through that I've got it made.:bcb_grin

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest sodacracker

Mine is the last half hour before bed. A few times in the past few weeks I just went to bed early to avoid eating.

I'm with Sarah, my window is the 30 minutes after I get home from work.

I'm also in total agreement with Dr. JulieAnn. I've also been tracking my points for the first time in a year and am realizing that it's usually just one thing that puts me over the top for the day.

I was not "officially" using any WPA's every day, while following CORE this past year, but I was eating way too many CORE baked goods, instead of just picking up a piece of fruit instead. I was also taking little bites of things that were not CORE and pretending like I was using WPA's, without actually being accountable for them.

It has been a real eye opener for me this week to write everything down and count the points, even though I'm still only eating Filling Foods.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

My problems time is after work and while I am making dinner. I have started planning for this and usually have cheese and crackers or some other snack during this time.

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

I was not "officially" using any WPA's every day, while following CORE this past year, but I was eating way too many CORE baked goods, instead of just picking up a piece of fruit instead. I was also taking little bites of things that were not CORE and pretending like I was using WPA's, without actually being accountable for them.

Laveta

Laveta, You have just exposed me! :bcb_cool2 (the glasses are to show that i've been pretending) bcb_sad Yes, this is what I've been doing and I've not really wanted to admit to it. Maybe that is why I've not been finishing my food journal each day. Didn't want to face the facts. Yikes!

I've got work to do. But I keep thinking that I just need to wait till the holidays are over and get a fresh start. Am I just putting off what I should get to work on right now? :bcb_blush Don't know....

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

This is EXACTLY the reason why I write out my day's food plan in the morning and then I tick off my foods as I eat them, or make changes if ABSOLUTELY necessary.

As per the work I did with the Beck Diet Solution this past summer, it is now within my power to say NO to changes in my plan or yes, if I deem them necessary.

This method makes it so much easier to NOT make the choices that lead to unplanned eating...

Try it.

Lifetimer for life!

wecanbegintofeed.blogspot.com