Health Discovery Network
Blackbeard

Holiday hors d'oeuvres

Well, tonight was my family holiday party. I had seven family members over for games and hors d'oeuvres. I love parties with little bite-size fancy foods, but they're usually stressful since everything is high in calories and fat. The advantage here is that I can make sure all the nice food is point-freindly. Here's my menu:

Smoked Salmon bites

-------------------------

Rubschlager rye bread

Light cream cheese

Smoked salmon

Fresh dill

POINTS = 1 each

Caprese skewers

--------------------------

Grape tomatoes

Fresh mozzarella

Olive oil

Italian herbs

Fresh basil

POINTS = not sure, but probably 1 each.

Buffalo chicken meatballs

---------------------------

Ground chicken breast

Red onion

Green pepper

Celery

Bread crumbs

Egg

Butter

Hot sauce

POINTS = 1 each

Mini pumpkin pies w/cinnamon whipped cream

-----------------------

Pumpkin pie custard made with half sugar half Splenda

Mini Fillo cups

Fat-free cool whip mixed with cinnamon

POINTS = 0.5 each

Everything was a big hit. The pumpkin pies went fast. I should have taken a picture everything looked so good.

Anyone else have any good point-friendly party recipes?

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

The chicken meatballs sound SO YUMMY!!

I always want to take pictures of my yummy looking OP food too!! But don't want to be the weirdo always posting pictures of my food on here, LOL! This event must have taken lots of preparation and pre-planning so congrats on not caving and serving (and eating) the usual Pigs-In-A-Blanket (probably 5 points each!)

Angela

Yum those look amazing! Love the mini pumpkin pie idea and the chicken meatballs too.

I really like this recipe for hot artichoke dip in cooking light magazine. Its 3 points with using french bread. I cut up carrots and celery instead and it was a big hit at a party last week.

I haven't made this yet, but probably will for Christmas dinner:

Pears with goat cheese and fig preserves

10/08 256/227

8/09 245.2

I made tortilla roll-ups for a church Christmas party Sunday night. They are so easy and so few pts. If you use the small light flour tortillas (1 pt each), there is not even 1 pt in each roll-up serving.

Small (a little bigger than a corn tortilla) lower calorie flour tortilla (1 pt each....I used my pts slide in the store to find out before I bought them)

Spread with about 2 Tbsp ff cream cheese on one side, saving a little to seal it as you roll it up

Sprinkle chopped green onions and about 1 Tbsp chopped black olives evenly over cr cheese

Shake a little pepper evenly over this

Top with a couple slices almost ff deli sliced ham (fairly thin slices)

Begin rolliing up and seal with the rest of the ff cr cheese as you roll

Slice in thin slices about 1/2 inch thick, arrange on a pretty tray and sprinkle with paprika which gives it a nice Christmas-red touch

These were wiped out at the party and were a big hit with the teenagers!

There would only be about 2 pts in a whole one so two 1/2" thick pcs could safely be counted as 1/2 pt!

I read after making these that it is best to chill before slicing! Mine tore a little as I sliced them and that is probably why.......I didn't chill them first.

Bonnie

dolls-1.jpg

Total loss: 52 lbs incl 10 from 2008

GW 137 August 2012

dccd6077-3966-4837-92f0-9dd1dfcaaa2b_zpsa4e9b71f.jpg

radandKarensIaskedJesusgiftani252Dv.gif

congrats on not caving and serving (and eating) the usual Pigs-In-A-Blanket (probably 5 points each!)

Actually, I have made point-friendly PiB's before. Use the reduced fat crescent rolls, and Hebrew National fat-free hot dogs. Cut each dog into 8 pieces, and each crescent roll dough into 3 pieces. Makes 24 mini-PiB's for about 1 point each.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

WOW.. i'm impressed.. and just wondering where MY invitation went?!?!?!?

:bcb_grin

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Lorraine -

Those rollups sound good too. I was going to do a roll-up type dish but I limited myself to four items.

Might I suggest you try adding a couple of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to the FF cream cheese? Pulse it in the food processor until smooth. If you like spicy things, it brings some intense flavor to the party without adding any points.

weight.png