Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Any guinea pigs?................:bcb_bigsm

This was posted by Marehman on WW's Filling Foods Forum, after watching Martha Stewart's CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE (3 chocolate flavors):

"I used 1 can of pumpkin, 2/3 cup of splenda, 1 pkg of sf/ff cook and serve chocolate pudding mixed together, added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, then beat in two eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, and then stir in 1 can of evaporated skim milk. I then baked for 15 minutes at 425 degree F and then reduced to 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. The cooking time could be reduced a little--but I haven't played with it at all. "

Anybuddy brave enuf to try this?....! :bcb_grin

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Carol,

Sounds interesting. I have an idea! Why don't you try it and let us know how it is? :bcb_grin

xoxoxo

Sal:bcb_bravo

~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~

WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!

Highest weight:202(1993)

Start weight #1:193.4(1996)

Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)

Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)

Lifetime:3/1/03

CW:162.6

PG:128

Carol,

Sounds interesting. I have an idea! Why don't you try it and let us know how it is? :bcb_grin

xoxoxo

Sal:bcb_bravo

Hey...I'VE got an idea! :bcb_bigsm

Why doesn't somebuddy who thinks CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE sounds GOOD, try it?!! :bcb_up

You know. Like Martha Stewart did! :bcb_grin

xoxoxoxoxo

LOL, Sal.

Just sneaking in here to comment on this--

I think it sounds strange but I have a step sister who has put chocolate pudding on top of her pumpkin pie for years and now wont even eat it without it, so maybe there's something to it after all..

~Lynn~

Fakin it til I make it, one day at a time

Guest sodacracker

I'd make it except we don't have that kind of pudding in Canada and Splenda makes my mouth go numb :bcb_huh: :bcb_bigsm

I'm trying to imagine chocolate pumpkin pie and if that would be a GOOD thing...I don't want to ruin a perfectly good pumpkin pie!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I just found this recipe. And the person who made it gave it GREAT reviews. This is pretty easily made "simply filling"...Omit crust. Sub splenda and ff milk in pie filling. I'm a bit more intrigued having seen a picture of it.

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Graham Cracker Crust*:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

1 tbsp sugar

Filling:

3 large eggs, room temperature

1 - 15-oz. can pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cups)

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)

1/2 tsp ground allspice

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2/3 cup milk (low fat is fine)

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine all crust ingredients into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Press wet crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Bake 12-15 minutes, until just beginning to brown at the corners.

Set aside to cool completely before filling.

Turn oven up to 425F.

In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until slightly foamy, about 1 minute. Whisk in all the remaining ingredients, except the milk, and beat until smooth. Then whisk in the milk.

Pour mixture into prepared, cooled pie crust (you can also use a pastry crust or a store-bought pie crust) and bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce the temperature to 350F and bake for about 30 more minutes, until the pie filling jiggles only slightly and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and refrigerate if storing leftovers.

Serves 8-10.

*While I typically like graham cracker crusts with pumpkin pie (and the one pictured here has a graham crust), this pie is also excellent with a regular crust. Use the instructions for this single crust pie to make and prebake the shell, then fill it with the pumpkin filling and bake as directed above.

Lynn

1 pkg of sf/ff cook and serve chocolate pudding mixed together

What does 1 pkg of sf/ff cook and serve chocolate pudding mixed together mean?

Does that mean make it like the box then add it?

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What does 1 pkg of sf/ff cook and serve chocolate pudding mixed together mean?

Does that mean make it like the box then add it?

As I read it, it seems to be giving you the ingredients AND directions all at once. So you mix the sf/ff pudding WITH the pumpkin which is mentioned first. You're adding each ingredient to the previous ones in the order they are listed apparently.

Lynn

It seems the poster would write some ingredients and then tell you what to do with it.

I would interpret it as: mix together the pumpkin, Splenda, and a package of Cook And Serve pudding mix.

It's in the oven right now...

Hopefully it won't be a flop. :bcb_down

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry I let it cool & waited for me to get hungry before I tried it.

I cannot really taste the chocolate.. I like the texture..Tastes pretty good.. at least I think so.

I think if you make it you may want to cover it after a while.. teh top got pretty dark.

IMG_1137a.jpg

IMG_1138a.jpg

Thanks Marie!! Not just a review, but PICTURES!!!!! Interesting that you don't taste the chocolate...and I assume you made the first recipe, not the one I posted. I might try it....tomorrow...also impressed that you waited til you were hungry to try it! What a good "filly"!

Lynn

I used the recipe in the original post (wwcarol).

So, if you can't taste the chocolate, do you see any advantage to this over plain ole' (wonderful :bcb_wink3) punkin pie?...:bcb_smile

Maybe you taste more chocolate the second day?

Or when it's colder?

:wave:

It might.. I haven't had another piece yet.

It did have a different texture than the other one I used to make with the cream of wheat.