Health Discovery Network
WWLifer

Simply Filling Daily~December 29th~Monday

Morning Buddies,

I have been AWOL for too long. Weight has maintained which is good, but the eating has not been very healthy I have to admit. My mother has been with me, and my sister has been very sick. She had terrible headaches over the past 2 weeks. They are so bad she can't do anything with out being very sick. We are all so afraid that the breast cancer has returned. Her family doctor thinks that it is stress, but I have never seen her so sick. Even after chemo she wasn't this sick. Hopefully she can see her oncologist soon. I can hardly think of anything else. It is so hard not to think the worst.

It is hard to imagine the reason, but my stalker knocked on my door Christmas morning. I am sure he knew I would not call the police while my mother was there. Glad my mother didn't hear him knocking and I could just pretend it was something else the dogs were barking at that morning. He has been endlessly calling my house from pay phone, because I can't blocked that number. I am so glad I haven't turned to food for comfort. It is a very hard battle for me though. The holiday season has made him stalk me more. I am sure part of the reason is the death of his brother, right before Thanksgiving, but I wish he would just leave me alone.

Putting these 2 things in writing this morning has helped. I have been reading to keep my mind off things. I just finished Twilight and I can't decide if I will purchase the next 3. Has anyone here finished the series?

Think I will go exercise. I'll be checking back in today. Glad to be back here.

Make it a great day buddies. I want to get back on track with healthy eating and lose the next 8 pounds.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Hi, Buddies

Sarah- I was thinking about you while I was on the treadmill this morning-have missed your posts, so I was happy to read this after my workout. I am sorry for all the things you are going thru right now. I am happy for you that food has NOT been your answer, though. I will keep your sister in my prayers. Hopefully it IS just stress and she will be fine.

Stay strong and keep at it- oh yeah- and post whenever you need to !!

Not sure what we are doing today-kids have off from school till they start to get bored and make me nuts-then we start again. And they know it, so I assume they will keep busy all day.

Gotta scoot- have a good one !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Guest sodacracker

Morning all,

Geez Sarah, you must be freaked out by this nut job calling you. Do you know this crazy person? Can you get a restraining order? Change your phone number to an unlisted one?

It is our anniversary today! 18 years ago it was a wet slushy day and we had an afternoon wedding with tea, punch and desserts. DH was still in school, and we were paying for the wedding ourselves and had a budget of $1500. As I recall the dress was $150, rings $150, cake $100, musicians $450, we made our own invitations and had 65 guests at $10/person for tea and desserts. The hotel comped us our room and upgraded us to a suite. We went to Montreal for our honeymoon,and spent three very cold days wandering around and eating at some famous smoked meat deli as it was was the only thing open we could find that we could afford :bcb_bigsm.

Today my mom is coming over at noon and DH and I are spending the afternoon hanging out without kids. May not sound exciting but we almost never get to do that as he work such long hours. We are going to visit a new tea shop so DH can buy all the green teas he likes, then hang out at the new library branch which has all brand new books! (we both read constantly so to spend uninterrupted time in a library browsing new books, as long as we want, is exciting! :bcb_grin Handily there's a Starbucks close by so DH can get his caffeine fix. :bcb_smile

Have a good day buddies!

Hi Everyone,

Sarah, I am concerned for you. I agree with Soda can you get a restraining order and change your phone to an unlisted one. I read stories about stalkers and it is scary.

We usually take the Christmas decorations and tree down a day or two after Christmas but this year we were late getting the tree up so have left it up longer this year. I like to put it up Thanksgiving week-end. I think I will start putting the decorations away today.

I am going to make turkey broth today using our Christmas turkey carcass.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Sarah:

So sorry for all you are going through right now. It sounds as if you know this stalker or he has given you information about himself. In any event, I do hope you can do something about him. Change your number, get a restraining order, call the police or something. That can be very scary.

I do hope you can get your sister gets in to see the oncologist ASAP.

As far as my day. I am getting dd ready for a ski trip with the church. So will be doing laundry, cleaning, and she will be packing, I will be checking the list twice to see if she forgot anything. I work for myself so will probably have some work later in the afternoon but until then hopefully can get some of these things done. I will be at the gym sometime today too. My weight is up 2 pounds which is depressing but not surprising. I went way over points last week, but still showed a loss on w/i day so now I guess it is time to pay the piper for my error.

Have a great day all!!!

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Good Morning! :wave:

The kids & I are running some errands and hanging out today. Between the Tour de France sprints on Saturday and the half-marathon yesterday, I've tweaked a muscle in my upper thigh. I was going to go to boxing this morning but I won't be up to the lunges, squats and jump kicks. I'll go to the spin class tonight if it's feeling better or just yoga if it's not.

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Sarah- I'm so sorry about the stalker. I had that experience briefly when I was 16. I couldn't imagine having to live with it daily for a long time. I'm with your mom that you should have called the police!! :bcb_worry

I bought all 4 Twilight books. I didn't really care for the 2nd and 3rd but the 4th tied it all together fairly well. Can you get them from the library and save the money? The wait list at our library was so big that I got tired of waiting!!

Soda- Happy Anniversary!

Judy- We didn't put the tree up until a couple of weeks before Christmas. I'd like to take it down but the family is insisting on NYE!

Bridge- I hope the kids don't drive you too :crazy: !

Kimberley

Good morning buddies. I need to head out on my bike soon. I hate to exercise LATE...just wanted to pop in relatively early.

Soda, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Your wedding sounds very sweet!!!

Sarah, PLEASE take care of yourself and keep yourself safe!!! A stalker is a VERY SCARY THING!!!!(and, not to minimize that situation, check out the 30 day shred thread!)...and I'll pray for your sister and all of you!

EVERYBUDDY ELSE, Make it a great day!!! I hope to get back here later for more personals!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Soda- Happy Anniversary !!! Hope it's a quiet, relaxing, recharging kind of day for you & DH. An afternoon at a bookstore w/out kids to keep on sounds almosy like a dream come true. Enjoy !!!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning All!

I feel like everything is slowly getting back to normal (now, if I could just remember what day of the week it is!?! :bcb_worry). After all the mad rushing around for the last few weeks, last night I sat there and thought, "gee, I'm bored!" :bcb_huh:. Today will be filled with laundry, grocery shopping, and general cleaning up. I think I'll wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to take down the tree and put all the decorations away. New Year's day will be low-key. DD#3&4 and DS#2 will be going to DD#2's new place in Maryland, so that's half the family away. I plan to have a steak for dinner (we're porked-out from the holiday), but we'll still have the spinach with black-eyed peas to follow tradition. Maybe some shrimp and veggies during the day, and I'll figure out a low-point dessert from the recipe section. Starting today, I'm shooting for 5-6VEGGIES a day to get my mind and body back in the groove, so it's off to the farmer's market this morning to see what treasures I can find :bcb_happy.

Sarah~ ((((hugs)))) to you! Please take care of yourself and be careful. Sending prayers for DSis and hoping that stalker leaves you alone!

Bridget~ Hope you and the kids enjoy the off-from-school days!

Soda~ Happy Anniversary!! :bcb_bigsm DD#3 just got engaged and is looking at wedding stuff. All I can say is OMG!!! I can't believe what things cost! :bcb_cry:

Judy~ Enjoy the day. Turkey soup sounds wonderful!

Mickee~ Hope DD has fun! You just keep at it and those pesky pounds will fall back off!

Kimberley~ I can't believe there are any muscles that you don't use on a regular basis!! Where were they hiding? :bcb_grin

To all my other buds~ Hope you have a great day! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good Morning, Buddies!

I admit, I often read, but don't post, as I just don't feel like I have anything new to say! :bcb_grin But I know you'll deal with my daily ramblings all the same. :bcb_wink3

We had a nice Christmas, but I am ready to get back into the groove of normalcy. My NY resolution is to declutter the house. I'm starting this week with my mom - she's coming up to help me clear out the basement of stuff we've accumulated and no longer need/use. I'm ready to be ruthless and if I hesitate over getting rid of it or keeping it, off it goes! Friends of ours are coming up in late Jan to help us clear out baby boy's room so we can get that ready for him. Wish me luck with getting rid of some of this stuff!!!!

I'd had a cold for two weeks and it culminated in a sinus infection yesterday. I broke down and went to the urgent care because the pain was becoming unbearable. I'm not a big meds person under normal circumstances, and I really am not while preggo, so I hadn't taken anything for the congestion or pain and am paying the price. So now I'm on amoxicillan. :bcb_cry: But it's not helping with the pain!!! DD is on Zithromax for fluid in her ears that refuses to clear up - if this round doesn't clear it up, off to the ENT to discuss next steps (tubes?).

Sarah - like everybuddy else, I'm concerned - please be careful!

Bridget - hope the kids find a way to keep themselves occupied!

Soda - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day!

Judy - our tree is still up as well, and I just don't feel like dealing with it yet.

Mickee - I'm sure a few days of working out will get rid of those pesky pounds!

Kimberley - like Linda, I can't believe there's a muscle in hiding anywhere on your body. You are my workout hero!

Lynn - have fun riding!

Linda - I was telling DH about you last night - I said you have more energy than the Energizer Buddy. Bored? I would have been vegging out! :D

Make it a great one, buddies!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Good Morning -

I just returned from traveling during the holidays. I had a wonderful time visiting with family. It was certainly great to see everyone. Now that I am back at home. Its time to get back into my routine. I am tracking as of today and will start back with my regular exercise routine. I got a new ipod nano and the nike chip for christmas to help track my running progress online. I am so excited.

I feel like I missed out on alot so I will catch up on reading posts to see how everyone's holiday has been so far.

WWL...your stalker is one brave soul. I can't believe he had the gall to come ring your door bell. Thats scary!! You be careful. Will also keep DSis in prayer.

Soda...Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your afternoon!

To everyone else... "hi" and hope you all have a wonderful day.

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Hello Simply Fillies (Corebies)

I don't have a lot of time but want to start off right and start hitting the boards again.

Well, the Christmas tree met it's fate this morning. I just couldn't stand it any longer. Our living room is not tiny, but it's not very big either, stick a tree in a corner and the walls seem to be closing in, well not anymore! :bcb_wink3

We got 4 more inches of snow last night and we are supposed to get more tonight! We have soooo much snow. More than we have had in the last 10-15 years. It's so pretty. (In March I will tell you that I can hardly stand it anymore...LOL!)

We are doing some errands later today and I'm finishing up some laundry. Next Monday it's back to reality with school and work.

Have a great day!

Kim

weight.png

GOOD Morning, Fillies~ :bcb_grin

I've read you all~:salut

I'm LOVING the RAIN right now! At least I can drive where I want.

In my ruthless de-clutter Life Estate Sale, I (only) regret having sold my 30 year old Bernina sewing machine. It was pristine. But I "thought" I hated to sew...bcb_sad Actually I think I just didn't have the time...Lately it's been sounding like FUN.

I'm researching sewing machines now, and it's a SHOCK. First of all, it's like they have a "brain", so it's actually easier for people to sew. But you have to choose between a sewing machine--an embroidery machine--or one that includes both.

And the cost?...:bcb_huh: Oh. My. God. The machines play music (true) and even make a latte while you sew (joke). :bcb_grin

JULIE. You love to sew, right? Anybuddy else? Any suggestions? I need feed-back from real people in real life...!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

Can't help Carol. I use an all metal machine I bought in the last 80's that had last been serviced in the 50's and I have never had to have it serviced since! It has these cams for adding stitch varety. It built like a tank :bcb_tank: and pretty much does anything I need.

Carol, I love to sew. I grew up with my mom sewing virtually ALL my clothes and then I started to sew clothes for myself and in more recent years started quilting (hand quilting but machine piecing)...however, I am also of no help! I bought a New Home sewing machine in the mid 80s after I wore OUT my original Singer (which I got at age 15).

I at least appreciate that you had a BERNINA!!! I'm impressed and can understand being sad to have gotten rid of it.

Sadly, I don't have time to sew lately. Nor do I have a space to keep my machine set up (as does my mother, well she has THREE machines always set up, including an ANCIENT Singer that she claims does the BEST straight stitching). I might sew more if I could keep my machine set up.

I have been happy with my New Home, but obviously I bought that a long time ago!!!

I guess it comes down to what you think you'll use it to do. If I were to buy a new machine I'd want it to be good at machine quilting, because sometimes I do like to quilt by machine.

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

GOOD Morning, Fillies~ :bcb_grin

I've read you all~:salut

I'm LOVING the RAIN right now! At least I can drive where I want.

In my ruthless de-clutter Life Estate Sale, I (only) regret having sold my 30 year old Bernina sewing machine. It was pristine. But I "thought" I hated to sew...bcb_sad Actually I think I just didn't have the time...Lately it's been sounding like FUN.

I'm researching sewing machines now, and it's a SHOCK. First of all, it's like they have a "brain", so it's actually easier for people to sew. But you have to choose between a sewing machine--an embroidery machine--or one that includes both.

And the cost?...:bcb_huh: Oh. My. God. The machines play music (true) and even make a latte while you sew (joke). :bcb_grin

JULIE. You love to sew, right? Anybuddy else? Any suggestions? I need feed-back from real people in real life...!

Carol, I am dying to know how much you sold the Bernina for. I collect sewing machines as I think I mentioned on here once, I have 37 currently mostly antigue or classic machines.

Also I just got back from my Christmas Cruise, and I managed to get a cold while on board so miserable dealing with that, but I also got a surprise, While I started the week good and pretty much on program, I slipped more and more over the week. So I was expecting bad news on the scale this morning, but I actually am the SAME as I was when I left.

Back on track today. I consider myself very lucky.

McCall

----------------------------------------------

weight.png

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

I don't know what every item sold for, McCall...She tallied the big items, but I don't remember reading about the sewing machine...:bcb_confu

It's one of those things that, IF I'd had more time (and had been under less pressure) I probably would've handled the sewing machine differently.

I have a new neighbor (just had a baby) and she has the most dilapidated machine. She freaked out the other day when it jammed, and I went over and fixed it for her. I was thinking: I wish I had given her mine...bcb_sad

I was reading on the internet that nobody has the instruction booklets for my all-metal Bernina (in the green cardboard case)...but I had my instruction booklet!:bcb_up I had every initial piece. But I didn't know it's worth at the time.

sold my 30 year old Bernina sewing machine. It was pristine.
*breathe, Julie, breathe...it will be okay*

Oh, Carol, honey. *sigh* Your best bet is to find a REAL sewing machine store where they will let you take machines for a test run and then buy the best USED top of the line that you are willing to spend money on. When My Honey bought my USED Viking #1 Plus in 1999 as a graduate present ( a few months early), I think he paid $1,000 for it (he was just sooooooooo happy that I was almost done that he would have bought me ANYTHING at that point! :bcb_grin ).

I use my 35 year old Bernina for most of my sewing--it is a workhorse and use the Viking for my fancy stuff. The newer electronics just seem fussier to me.

DO NOT get a new cheap machine. You will spend all of your time fussing with it, trying to get the tension to work, etc. Buy a used top of the line. It will be like the difference between buying a new Yugo versus classic Mercedes.

My goal is to sew for at least one hour per week. It takes me forever to finish anything (like the jumper I finished yesterday and is now too big but I don't want to take it apart to resize it) but I value the connection to my creative self, even if it is only for a little bit of time.

Besides, it is hard to mindlessly eat when I'm sewing :salut

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Yeah...I'm now realizing I shouldn't have sold it, Julie. I'm positive I did not sell it for what it was worth. And that it would've been the best "sewing" machine for me.

That's pretty good, though. I didn't make too many other mistakes by selling everything! :bcb_grin:bcb_wink3