Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

PITA BREADS: Dough by ABM Or By Hand, Shape and Bake

Thanks Legal Eagle another winner. These are great. Also thanks WWCarol for the bump.

Sharon

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

Bump! This recipe is much too good to dissapear. I am making these again this morning.

Thanks again, Carol! bcbsalute.gif

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi Carol,

Made these using my electric tortilla maker and they were terrific!The ingredients are very similar to my tortilla recipe except for the yeast both recipes puff which I like a lot!

Thanks for sharing!

Fawn

sw172.2/cw154.6/wwg 140/pwg136

sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."

again committed 1/09

sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

Hi, I made TWO batches of this over the weekend. One for us, and one to bring to my hairdresser this evening, which, when all is said and done, he will probably receive half of. What a hit this is here!

If you have an ABM, and you haven't tried this, you don't know what you are missing. Very, very, easy & oh...so good.....

Thanks again Carol...

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

With all these accolades I have to try this. Thanks to all for the "bumps," because I don't check this board very often (I really should), and I probably would have missed this receipe without the "bumps." smile.gif

Faith is giving God what you can't handle.<br />-------------------<br />Success is found just outside your comfort zone!! <br />--------------------<br />The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin.<br />------------------- <br />WW-for-Life (C J) OP 24/7

If anyone doesn't have a bread machine and want to make this pita dough by hand...let me know. I'll post the instructions.

I think they're really easy. wave.gif Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Carol, I just have to tell you that I made yet another batch of these yest. afternoon for everyone here, and my hairdresser called re. the ones I brought him a week ago. He is crazy about them, and is craving more. I didn't make any promises, because I usually only visit him when I have my hair done, but I will see what I can do over the weekend (he only lives 10 mins. from me).

My hairdresser was intrigued by trying to figure out how I got them to puff up and be hollow inside. I told him that unless he was a bread baker it would be impossible to describe. He thinks I must have slaved over them for hours.

We won't tell him how incredibly easy these are to make, eh?

Hugs,

Dawna

LOL, Dawna!! :D

Tell him it's just like blowing-up-balloons...only harder!! ;) :D

Actually, I was getting discouraged with the different recipes I had been trying; I was having trouble getting consistent "puffing"?!

And then I stumbled upon this WW recipe! Yay, WWs!! kiss.gif wave.gif Carol

Hi Carol, Boy, am I glad you found this. Yes, everyone thinks they must be incredibly hard to make. Today, my FIL came for dinner, and I served his fav. beef stew along with the pita's. He examined them, opened one up, and said "son, of a gun...how did you do this?" He was quite impressed! (usually very sparing with compliments).

I was going to make a batch for the hairdresser this weekend, but decided to make them one afternoon this week instead, and then just drop them off at his house (he told me he's sure I can just fit them through the mail slot).

Hugs,

Dawna

Hi Dawna! smile.gif

Glad you're astonishing the masses with your bread-treats!

I made them today after too long a time...! Half puffed and half didn't. Not that "The Bread Boys" care...! (DH and DDog ;) )

I've got Persian Naan down pat these days. I did notice that my big oven wasn't quite up to temperature...that's probably what did it...! tongue.gif

Anyway, cooking failures (lessons) have one good side effect...I always feel like a new bride!! ;) :D Carol

Carol and Dawna

I just want to let you know that I made these last week and they were a hit with not only DH but the Skids as well (for me that is a major achievement). I am going to try them again sometime this week. They made great filling sandwiches.

Fiona smile.gif

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

Hey, Fiona!...........

Glad you and your family liked them!! :D wave.gif Carol

Bump! for you, Colleen.....

Dawna

Oooohhh! Just found these. I'm going to give them a shot with spelt flour. I really don't care if they puff, I want them for my pita pizza's.

Thanks Carol!

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Well, if you don't CARE, Tam, they probably WILL puff up! ;) :D LOL!

Let me know how it goes~ wave.gif

I found this recipe yesterday and made them today. All I can say is...WOW...easy and delicious. Has anyone ever frozen these? I feel so proud of myself....I made pita pockets and they looked and tasted great!! Thanks to WW Carol for posting. I will definitely make these again and again and again!!

You're welcome, PattiAnn!

Makes you feel pretty proud of yourself, huh?! :D Me, too!

The original WW recipe was white flour, but I love the whole wheat addition.

bcbsalute.gif wave.gif

[ December 28, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: WWCarol ]

I finally made these today. They are soo easy and delicious! Thanks for the great recipe Carol!

Debbie

recommitted 11.28.10

313/304/169

Ooooh!!! Another great one for my tortilla press!!! I get 1.5 points for 1 pita, so it's even better! Thank you, Carol!!! :buddysmoo

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Yum! I've been looking for a good pita bread recipie. Thanks for sharing! :)

Beth :)

I made these yesterday with all whole wheat flour instead of 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat and they were fabulous! They all puffed up and my 5 yr old wanted to know what the treats were!

I added 2 tbsp of wheat gluten to the mix in the bread machine to make the dough a bit more pliable and they are fantastic. We all love them around here.

Thanks for posting this WW CArol. This recipie is definitely a keeper for me.

Beth :)