Health Discovery Network
Bridgethemom

Simply Filling Daily- Tuesday, Dec 30

Good morning! I have been staying up WAY too late and am glad I woke up relatively "early" today (6:45) as I WILL have to go back to work next week!!!!:bcb_bigsm

I sent out my first mass email last night for my TnT bike ride, I'm anxious to see what kind of response I get, including the fact that it went out to some people I haven't seen for a few years.

I think I'll head out on my bike now. I want to bike every possible day that I can!

Today I need to work on my actual snail mail LETTER for TnT. They like you to start fundraising NOW and to do plenty of it! They want us to send out at least 200 letters, and include EVERY ONE YOU KNOW! It's actually pretty fun and exciting! I am really excited about the possibility of buddies meeting up in Lake Tahoe (see that thread)!!!

Make it a great day buddies, see ya later!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Good Morning!

I am up early to get lots of things done today. It is a bit chilly for me at 43° so trying to warm up by the heat. Waiting on work to come in for one thing and then will hit the gym at some point today. If there is time in my day, which I am hoping, I am taking dd on a bike ride which we have not done in over a year, so that will be interesting to say the least. We will be cleaning house in between my working and that really is my day. Nothing too exciting I guess. It is dd w/i day so we will see how she did this week. She has been slacking a little I think because of the holidays, but only has about 3 pounds to goal too.

Hope everyone has a super day!

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Guest sodacracker

Hi,

We had a fun anniversary yesterday. Much prefer the afternoon out over the expensive dinner.

Today I have some volunteer hours to do and then home to start slowly clearing up the decorations,

The tree is dropping needles so it needs to go outside for its next incarnation. We prop it against the swing set and hang apples, peanut butter covered pine cones and other animal friendly foods and watch the action from the kitchen.

We also have a unique way of letting our back yard wildlife deal with peanut butter jars. Once the jar is empty, you throw it in the back yard and watch the squirrels dive inside to clean out every last speck of peanut butter. Then you can throw it out in the recycling bin :bcb_smile.

We only eat peanut only peanut butter - no salt, no sugar addded so I think it is safe for them.

Good Morning Buddies,

I had a nice long post and lost it. :bcb_mad2 Any way I'm off to take down all my Christmas Decorations. The challenge is getting everything in the correct box. Will take all day. Exercise first then I'll get started.

Lynn-The bike ride sounds like so much fun. Wish I could join everyone. Quite a ways from Tennessee and the school year will be ending. Will check out your website and donate.

Mickee-It's 32 here this morning. Biking with DD sounds like fun.

Soda-The bassets would love it if I fed the squirrels. The neighbors wouldn't like it too much though. Too much barking.

Enjoy the day buddies.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good Morning -

Not much planned for today although I think I will take the Dkids out for a fun day. They are dying to go to Chuck E Cheese. So I think we will get out of the house and do something they would enjoy.

Mickee...your day sounds pretty low key too. enjoy it.

Lynn...the Tnt sounds very interesting. hope you get great responses

Soda...glad you had fun yesterday with your afternoon out with DH.

WWL..have fun taking down the decorations!

Hope everyone has a simply filling day!

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Good Morning! :wave:

The kids & I are hanging out this morning, then I've got an appointment over the noon hour, then we're going for a walk to the library to pick up some books. Early this evening, I'm going to hit the gym. My upper thigh appreciated the break yesterday so I'm going to attempt to take an interval cardio/weights class. I can always modify any moves if need be!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Soda- We live in the forest and the kids take out nuts for the squirrels and chipmunks all the time! I'll definitely have to try that trick-- though I think that the dog would love to go outside and lick out the jar! LOL :bcb_grin

Lynn- I've been wanting to do the 3 day Walk for Breast Cancer (60km) but you've got to fundraise over $2000 per person and I just don't know enough people to do that. DH works in LA so they won't sponsor me for a Canadian walk and I don't have a lot of friends! LOL :bcb_grin

Kimberley

Hi, Buddies

Checking in-

I managed to clean a lot of my house yesterday- kitchen cabinets,etc. Looks pretty nice.

I must have set some tone or something because both teenage DSons just got the vacuum to bring downstairs and clean the schoolroom/playroom without being asked. After I worked out this morning and walked thru the room-I decided I may tackle that today- now I probably won't have to !!!

I have a few errands to do,and Dh is home the rest of the week-so maybe he'll come,too. I am enjoying the calm now that the flurry of Christmas activity is over !

I am happily still on track with eating and exercise, and feel great. The holidays did NOT get me, and I am very happy about that !

Keep on Keepin' on...

Have a great one, buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Back from my ride, BOY was it WINDY! I was going as fast downhill INTO the wind as I was going uphill with the wind BEHIND me!!! I hate the wind, really. But it was good to get another bike in. Next week it's back to work and limited bike time.

Kimberley I have to raise at least $4100!!!! So you can see why I am being...um...persistent here with it! TnT really helps with it though (like setting up a webpage for you and all!)

Bridget, my house SURE DOES NEED cleaning right now!!! With taking care of DH, DH not being able to do ANYTHING, and spending a lot of my time working on TnT stuff, it is a MESS! Really dirty/dusty. Dsis is coming for New Year's Day so my goal is to get it more or less presentable by then! DS's spontaneously vacuuming is VERY cool!

RW2L have fun with the kids!

Sarah, aren't you the speedy undecorator???!!! I feel like I just got mine UP! Have fun packing it all away! I know that always feels good!

Soda, can I just come and live at your house? It sounds SO fun!!!

Mickee, enjoy your ride!

Well buds, I REALLY have to work on my snail mail TnT letters today, I might get started with writing out addresses. They suggest handwriting addresses vs. labels. I also need to WRITE the actual letter!:bcb_blush Which I've kind of done "in my head", call a friend who's husband I want to ride in memory of...I think I HAVE to vaccum as it is unbearable and maybe dust a bit. The boys have gone to my ILs to pick up a spare wheelchair that hubby can use at church. Both boys in the car at once with DS#1 driving, that will keep me worrying ALL day til they return:bcb_worry....

and of course I'll be hanging out here a lot today too:bcb_happy! Make it great buddies!:salut

Lynn

GOOD Morning, Buddies!

I've got the MOMENTUM :bcb_wink3 to get ready to go to my WW meeting! Nothing holding me back: no snow or ice. Just rain, and I can handle that. :bcb_up

Today I am 1/10th of a pound LOWER than my LOWEST in months (when the sound barrier broke?!:bcb_wink3)

Onward and downward. :salut

Back to consistent exercise and my LOVABLE (boring :kiss: ) life.

I was soooooooooooooooo glad when the last present went out the door yesterday, and my dear-sis drove away...I said to DH, "Can Christmas PLEASE be over now?..." :bcb_grin

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I was too hungry to exercise today before breakfast. I'm drinking a cup of tea now and then will go to the gym. Had the best exercise day yesterday that I've had in 10 wks.

I'm heading over to Costco today with a list! We lost our Santa Rosa plum tree last year during a wind storm. The trunk split in half lengthwise. We managed to harvest the rest of the fruit and then took out the tree. We are planting this time in a more protected spot.

My WW meeting tonight also. DD is declining to go, so I'll make it a solo event. I am determined to keep my focus.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Good Afternoon Everyone. It has been a long time since I have posted. I have been lurking, but am coming back out. I have to get myself back OP. I have been slowly getting back into this, watching what I eat, exercising, water. But now I have built up the Momentum to really be OP. I enjoyed Core before, but did track because I seemed to be over eating and not listening to myself. So, I think the new program was meant for me! I have to get back to work, but wanted to say Hello and that I am back. I put my weight back on :bcb_blush. My endocronologist has already told me that I have to keep exercising and really looking for healthy alternatives to keep the weight off, guess she was totally right! Anyway, here is to a new me and a new year! :bcb_up

Tabatha

SW- 182 6/30/2009

CW-

GW- 140

Mini Goal- 169

Hi Everyone,

DD/Laura and I went shopping today. She needed some walking shoes from a store in Seattle and then we drove to store in Fife, near Tacoma where there is a sweat shirt/t-shirt place that has everything 60% off because they are going out of business. We then went to a mall in Tacoma and then to a shoe store where we get our dress shoes. We took the scenic route trying to find the shoe store. In other words we got loss. :bcb_grin DD is funny and had me laughing so hard I was almost crying. I am tired now but had a really good time with DD. Tomorrow we are both going for massages and Fri. we are going out to lunch and then a movie.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Judy~ There's nothing BETTER in the ENTIRE WORLD than laughing-your-pants-off! :bcb_grin:salut:bcb_up

I forgot to mention that while shopping with DD today I bought a couple of jeans that made me look slimmer. The one pair of jeans I already had is a style that tends to run bigger eventhough they are the same size of the 2 I bought today and they were starting to feel a little bit loose. I also bought a 3rd pair of jeans in the next size down. When I got home and put them on I received a verbal NSV from DH. I will not mention the NSV. :bcb_bigsm

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

20,000 pts.-100%

I will not mention the NSV. :bcb_bigsm

Hmmm I'm thinking this may go with Carol's "laughing your pants off" comment quite nicely....:bcb_wink3

Lynn

Oh, Judy, you KNOW what a wicked imagination I have!! :bcb_grin

LOL :bcb_grin

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%

She said "verbal"!...........................:bcb_grin:bcb_up

You can tell us, Judy.

We won't blush! :bcb_smile

GREAT news on the new pants! :salut