Health Discovery Network
Tiggergal

What's old is new again!

Hi - I'm back. Clearly I am needing support to stay motivated. My first crack at WW was very successful - I lost 32 lbs (from 206 to 178 I think) 6 years ago. I kept it off for the most part for four years but have put most of it back on. Its time to say good-bye to plus size, and say hello to health. I'm 37 and not getting any younger and have a 2 1/2 year old to think of...more importantly, I deserve a healthy weight. So, here I am, vowing to drop the weight. Gaining about six pounds over the holidays...in a sense helped me as I realized I am letting my weight get out of control. Time to end it. I've been eating healthier over the past few days and jumped on the treadmill tonight (its been over 2 years since I tried that!). Wish me success folks. Take care.

Dec 30-08

SW:196 lbs :bcb_yuck:

CW: 196 lbs bcb_sad

1st GW: 160 lbs:bcb_up

Only I can do this for myself....

Welcome back Tiggergal! I'm a second time around person too... let's make this one stick for good!!!

10/08 256/227

8/09 245.2

Guest mom2twingems

Ive done it many times also but for me this has to be my last time.

Im getting older and I can feel my body getting older at times also, the weight doesnt help either.

This place has lots of good people and recipes to make it easy. It is still a struggle but always keep a positive attitude and anything can be done.

I have twins that are 3 1/2 so I know I need to lose weight to keep up with them.

Happy thoughts, positive attitudes and determination will get you through.

WELCOME!!!

Guest badmoonrising

Hi Tiggergal! Welcome back to WW and BCB. Congratulations on the weight you lost before - that's a real achievement and I'm sure you can do it again and keep it off!

Well done on a great start. I definitely need to get more exercise, I should follow your example...

~ Sophie

Thanks everyone for your replies!! One of the things I need to overcome is the fact that I have retried WW on several occassions since being so successful years ago, and everytime I fall off program. I think what has become very clear to me is the need to incorporate exercise. So...I've been on the treadmill every second day (today is my off day which is good cause it's Friday), and interestingly I can't wait until tomorrow morning to jump on the damn thing! I want to go buy new running shoes (mine are definitely in need of replacement), and of course a new sports bra. I "feel" motivated. I have changed my mentality to saying "I am going to prove I can succeed (again) - if I work at disproving it, then of course I am not going to be successful, so it must work the other way, work at proving it a success!. I did 45 mins the other night, really brisk walking with incline and a moderate speed. I followed this up with some floor stretches and ab work - they say no pain no gain, well let me tell ya, my arms (strangely) between my breast bones and underarm are so sensitive (from the brisk arm movement), and my abs are sore from the floor work, meaning - well I worked some muscles that haven't been worked in way too long! I felt so great after the workup and loved knowing I sweated!! Hahaha.

Friday nights in our home is homemade pizza night - so I had hubby make the dough with more whole wheat flour (yes it will be more crispy but I like it this way thank goodness), loaded it up with more veggies and less pepperoni and cut the cheese to almost 1/4 and dumped some great dried spices on top. It looks gourmet!! I won't achieve my goal if I continue eating as I did before - time to make some adaptations while also not depriving myself and my family of our favorite recipies.

I have not drank my water today which I am not pleased with so gonna go gulp 2 cups before dinner is ready. I commend you all, particularly those with crazy work schedules, and having to care for dependents - it's so much more work/effort to stay OP. Tell me how you folks are making out...I'd like to be a support too! Happy New (and to new health)!

Dec 30-08

Guest mom2twingems

The one thing I learned is that we have great tools in front of us for success and the only thing we need to bring is the determination, will power and the desire to do it. You would think those things are easy enough but they really arent. I do best when all of those are high. I try to think everyday about the outcome otherwise I let myself start sliping away into thinking I can just do it halfway.

You are so right...and what's really helping me right now is my precious girl. My health isn't just important to me but to her. I guess we would both agree on this one - your children are darlings!

So, pizza night went well - I took a look at my husband's pizza and compared it against mine - mine certainly looked much healthier, and in fact tasted better! I really don't need the extra cheese and fixings...food can be just as tasty with less of what in fact is more.

Dec 30-08