Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

Simply Filling~New year's day~ daily

Good Morning Buddies!

Well, it's a new year and we all have a new start, a time to re-commit to do what we need to do to reach our goals. :bcb_up I have a totally healthy, OP dinner and snacks for the day and plan to workout before the family even wakes up. I stayed up until 2:00 am, waiting for DD I could barely keep my eyes open, then as soon as I hit the bed, I couldn't sleep :bcb_huh:. Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I just got up. Thankfully, I did all my "chores" yesterday and plan an easy, relaxing day (that just may end very early tonight! :sleep:). Hope you all have a great day and terrific start to this new year. Make it a good one buddies! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Guest sodacracker

Poor Linda, I hate sleep like that.

DD had a friend over so they chatted downstairs until after midnight and I slept with ear plugs. We are off to the city today for one night at a fancy schmancy hotel with the kids for a little holiday before going back to school.

The Xmas decorations and tree are still up and since we are running out of free time, I am letting go of my need to take it all down asap, even if it means we don't get to it until next week because there are so many more fun things to do the next three days.

See you all tomorrow.

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

Linda~You are right! It's a new year and a chance to renew our commitment to healthy lives. I hope you have a great day and sleep better tonight!

Soda~That's a great idea with the earplugs! Your day sounds wonderful with your kids. We went out of town yesterday and were going to stay in hotel so kids could go swimming, be we are supposed to get yet another storm, so we came home instead.

Quiet night last night. Today we will go to mil for dinner. I am to bring salads so that's easy and simply filling...

Have a great day!

Kim

weight.png

Good Morning All and Happy New Year.

Last night was an early night for me. I went to bed around 9 pm and woke up at midnight to a dog sitting on my head because there were fire works going off outside. The dog got some valuim and we all went back to bed and slept until 5:30.

I am cooking today for some friends. We are having an turkey and core stuffing along with a salad. Should be a good OP day. I did also plan for a glass of wine with dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day today.

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Happy New Year! :wave:

I'm ready for 2009!! I got a kick start yesterday by starting a 30 day OP challenge on the 100+ board. I need to rethink my plan of losing extra weight in November to give me a "cushion" to eat more holiday baking in December. I'm a borderline diabetic and have a *very* hard time controlling myself around that stuff. Number on the scale aside, I don't *feel* well after I've eaten sweets so I need to spend the next 11 1/2 months preparing myself to either find a moderation button somewhere on my body or else I'll have to go back to my default (abstinence)!!

Laid-back day here. We'll take the dog for a walk, finish up The Deathly Hallows, start on InkDeath, I'll get in a FIRM workout (my upper thigh is still sore) and whatever else happens, happens!

Have a great OP day buddies! :salut

Linda- Between your DD and my DC (darned cat), I'd say both of us are going to bed early tonight! :sleepin:

Soda- Have fun in the big city! I think we'll wait until the weather is better and hit the zoo!

Kimberley

Happy New Year everybuddy,

I spent a quite New Years's Eve with friends. Today I am cooking greens, blackeyed peas, rice, and ham (no hog jowl). I need all the luck I can get. Is this just a southern tradition???? I am so worried about my sister. I can hardly think of anything else. Researching breast cancer that metasisizes to the brain on the internet has not been good for me. She seems to have all the symptoms. She goes for a MRI of the brain tomorrow and will see her oncologist on Tuesday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. My friend gave me the next book in the Twilight series, it is really easy reading and keeps my mind off things.

Enjoy the day.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Moring buddies!

I have been MIA for a week during the holidays.

I am now back & ready to get back to the core way of life! I grocery shopped yesterday for core foods, and even made the turkey leftovers into meals that I can enjoy totally OP.

I am off today, but work tomorrow - so I can spend the day hiding all the foods that I would prefer not to eat (who am I kidding - I'd love to eat them but they're not good for me or my weight loss!).

Linda - I should think you will be early to bed tonight!!

soda - enjoy your night at the hotel. What a great idea. My xmas trees will be coming down today, I love the holidays but once te festivities are over I can't wait to declutter!

AFJ.KJMR - have a great time at mil's!

having fun - our dog used to do that when there was thunder!! Not the best way to be woken up! Have a lovely dinner with your friends.

Kimberley - good luck finding a way to deal with the holidays for 2009.

Sarah - thinking of you, your sister & your family at this tough time.

Becky

Good morning, Fillies!

I stayed up late, for me, and finally fell asleep around 10:30. We were awaken at midnight, of course, by all of the firecrackers and fireworks being set off (both are illegal here because we live in a high risk fire zone).

Around 3:00 or so yesterday afternoon, I started getting a sinus headache. Yep, I think I've got a sinus infection :bcb_mad: Thank goodness for the neti pot which helps reduce the pain. But, as I told My Honey, this is NOT in alignment with my goal of being healthy! Since the infection is above the neck, I'm going to go ahead and workout this morning.

The only excitement around here is the Tournament of Roses festivities. One of the local stations just plays the parade all day in a continuous loop and I'll turn the game on and kind of watch it and root for Penn State to "whoop" those Trojans. :bcbkickbu

The main goal today is to finish up my retreat stuff and to finish updating my websites.

Hello to everyone but a special hug to Sarah. :buddysmoo

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Happy New Year !

We slept in really late this morning- although I was in bed by 10 pm.

I have my exercise clothes on and will hit the treadmill at some point. I was going to give myself a break today from exercise, but realized I did NOT want to start the New Year on a day off !!! So- I will be sure to get a good one in.

I am going to drop DDs off at my moms for the day- we didn't go yesterday b/c of the snow storm. I let the kids chill out yesterday and watch part of an I Love Lucy marathon on TV. It was such a treat ! I really DO NOT like them to watch TV, and combined, it's never on for more than an hour during the week. It was fun ! Cozy, with the fire going and snow outside. Definitely a fun one !!!

Well, I have to get moving on some things around the house.

Happy New Year-Let's all make it a healthy one

GO BCB !!!!!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Happy New Year, Buddies.

We were up late last night, celebrating a friend's birthday and watching the New Year come in. Then I was wired and couldn't go to sleep. I had an early morning meeting, so that meant I did not get much sleep. I have a feeling I'll be ready for bed early tonight.

Today, nothing is planned and I'm thrilled about it. My idea of a perfect day is to watch DVDs from Netflix and crochet and I haven't had much time to do much of either in the past couple of weeks. I do plan to make some beef and barley soup to serve tomorrow. Not sure how I'll fit it in my fridge, tho. Today, I'm going to feed DM and DH some of the non-SF foods in the fridge, which they will enjoy and maybe I'll freeze some of the rest. I used some WPAs on munchies last night. Reminder to self - it's food back to normal for me today.

I went to my WW meeting yesterday and released 2.2 lbs. To my surprise, I am finding that with watching portions and eating all or at least most of my WPAs, instead of eating as few as possible, I am releasing more weight. YEAH!! This new Momentum program is working for me.

Let's have a great day!

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Happy New Year buddies!!! I spent the evening writing my TnT letter, still working on it...cooking and cleaning up the house! I got up relatively early today and got to cooking again. It will be a core feast here today, and partly a core vegetarian feast! I've made COW bread, tabouli, spicy chickpea stew (ww recipe that has been posted here in the past), hummus, spicy cheese dip, two core pumpkin pies with "oatmeal" crust, apple cranberry crisp...Later I'll do a pork roast in the pressure cooker, roasted potatoes, salad, sauerkraut, and another veggie...I think that's it.

My house is relatively clean, cleaner than it has been in a LONG time.

My new PC arrived the other day. I don't know WHERE I'm going to put it :bcb_worry and I haven't even unpacked it yet!

I did the Biggest Loser Cardiomax DVD today repeating levels two and three.

Dsis and 4 of her kids are coming later today...AND the Rose Bowl is this afternoon. GO PSU!!!!

Hope everybuddy makes it a terrific day!!!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

In JUNE, 2009, I'll be step-mother of the bride! :bcb_grin And I'll want to look fab-ulous...:bcb_up

I'm glad I've got Momentum backing me, with Simply Filling my method-of-choice.

I'll keep track of my meeting weights in my signature.:salut

TAKE IT A DAY-AT-A-TIME, Buddies!

WE CAN DO THIS! :bcb_happy

Love And Concern for you all~ :kiss:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest looneycatblue

Happy New Year (New Beginnings) to all of my Buddies!

I have not posted in a while, but I am planning to change that, I need the support and I need to be supportive...

Lazy day planned for today, my Honey & I were up late, got to sleep around 3am. We had a fun NYE, party at our local bowling ally with our bowling friends. Start the day late, about 10 this morning, wonderful to sleep in.

I have spent most of my day reading up on the Momentum / Simply filling plans. I am going to start with the Momentum plan, counting points, I think this will help me with my accountability and give me the push I need to start off this year. I expect though I will will go the the Simply filling in a few weeks, I really don't like counting points!

Okay I need to really get a few things done... walk my dog and got to the store to get some healthy food! (I also need to figure out what to do with all of the leftover junk food...):bcb_worry

I hope you are all enjoying your day!

Teresa

...AND the Rose Bowl is this afternoon. GO PSU!!!!

Oh, Lynn *sigh* I'm rootin', I'm rootin' for PSU but your boys ARE playing against Los Angeles' de facto pro team. Hopefully they will be able to make a comeback during the second half. :bcb_cry:

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Hi everyone-

I hope everyone had a great week and had a fun night last night. As for me, I am taking the day off today from exercise, I woke up really sore this morning. I got a new walking video from leslie sansone.

For the last week and a half, I have been having some really bad pain in the evenings/nights. I have been taking heavy meds to get some level of comfort, just to have it start all over again the next day. I have to call the doctor tomorrow. Please pray for me. I have been exercising, but man it smarts later on in the day.

Shani

Shani :)

SW 178.6

CW 168.6(last time I will type that number in!)

10% Goal: 162.4

GW 154

Here we go!!!:bcb_march

Looking forward to losing 12 lbs!

Moving on to my 10% goal!:bcbkickbu

Oh, Lynn *sigh* I'm rootin', I'm rootin' for PSU but your boys ARE playing against Los Angeles' de facto pro team. Hopefully they will be able to make a comeback during the second half. :bcb_cry:

Thanks Julie...and...well...it COULD have been worse....:bcb_blush

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.