Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

Simply Filling Daily~Friday~Jan. 2

Good Morning Buddies!

It's off to work for me today. I slept a little better last night, but not much. I may take a "Simply Sleep" pill tonight and try to catch up on some real sleep. Maybe working will tire me out too.

Got all the Christmas stuff down and put away, things look rather bare without all the extra stuff. Time to start thinking about some re-decorating (mostly painting and maybe some new curtains). :bcb_smile

Yesterday, we had "snacks" while watching the hockey game and Penn State game. I had some shrimp, cut up veggies and dip, and some fruit kebobs. We ended up not even eating dinner at all! Everyone just had a bowl of cereal around 7:30, so I'll make yesterday's dinner for tonight. I hope I didn't mess up the "good luck" by having our greens and beans tonight instead!?! :bcb_cry:

Better get moving, hope you all have a great day and I'll be back later! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a nice day at mil and fil. DH brother and family were there as well. The kids got to play outside for a little while even thought the temp was -31 with the wind chill! They dressed warm and had fun outside.

I'm heading off to teach a spin/circuit class this morning and then it's house cleaning day. We go back to school Monday so I want to get the house cleaned today so we can enjoy the weekend. We are supposed to get another storm with 6-8 more inches of snow!

Linda~Have a great day at work!

Have a super Friday!

Kim

weight.png

Good Morning all,

I need to do some serious clutter reducing today. I still have some remaining Christmas items that got overlooked and my holiday wear to store for next year. I also hope to do some "simply filling" baking this afternoon.

My BIL had to take my sister to the emergency room yesterday. She started vomiting again. They gave her and IV of fluids and more headache medicine. She was very dehydrated. She will go for her MRI today. I am trying very hard not to think the worst.

Linda-Hope you get a good night sleep tonight.

I'll check back later.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Hi, Buddies

I just sent DH and two older DSs to Boston for the day-to visit the Science Museum and whatever else they feel like. The boys were thrilled when we told them last night. I love when they do things together. Guess that means I'll be entertaining the other 3 today. That's ok-they are fun, too, and DDs have a friend that might come over this afternoon, so it'll be a fun day for them.

I have a few errands- post office, bank, supermarket to pick up some fresh fruit for a fruit salad I am making. We are getting together at my mom's-rescheduled from a few weeks ago due to the snow. My brother and his family are coming down from Boston. He has finally finished the chemo (this last round was REALLY hard on him- he threw up so much he passed out and had to go to the ER at midnight last Monday). He is very excited to see everyone. He will have an MRI on the 9th and discuss surgery options w/his doctor the same day. I pray this will all be behind him soon. I wish we lived closer to them.

DH got a call from his mom yesterday-his Dad has been very confused and disoriented the last few days and actually couldn't remember how to walk the other night-had to crawl out of the bathroom. He has Parkinsons-but the docs took him off his meds because the most recent brain scan showed no problems. Obviously there ARE problems. They do not want to call the doctor b/c they are afraid he will say they cannot travel and they have a trip planned to go to California in March. Stubborn ! DH told them to take care of today-and get this figured out. His father said they will go on their trip regardless of what the doctor says. Stubborn ! Oh well-we are here if they need help, but we cannot force them to do anything they won't do.

Well, I have procrastinated long enough. My weight bench awaits, the little guys are still asleep. I have NO excuse !!!!!

Have a great OP day buddies

Linda- I couldn't WAIT to get my decorations down. I have my mantle still decorated with the Three Wise Men & the Holy Family, but everything else came down last weekend. The kids were not traumatized ( my 11 y/o was delighted- she hates the clutter, just like me !!) I hope you will start sleeping better soon. It's pretty tough to keep it all together when you are not sleeping well.

Kim- Enjoy the snow. We have just enough to make it pretty outside-but not interfere with life. I'll take it !!

Sarah- Prayers for your sister. Scary, I know-hang in there and know I have her in my prayers. Keep it OP during the stress-you'll have one less thing to be upset about.

Have a good one, buddies. (OK-I REALLY HAVE TO GO NOW !!!!!:bcb_grin)

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Morning buddies

Just a quick hello this morning as i am off to work.

My thoughts are with everyone & their families who are going through tough times.

Becky

Good morning all!

We (ddogs & I) are being lazy this morning and just hanging out in bed. I am staying with a friend this weekend and her 2 ddogs...so everyone is tired from running and playing.

Sounds like everyone had a good NYE and day. We had Christmas yesterday then had friends over for a late lunch. It was a good day.

Bridget-- there is a type of dementia that can go along with Parkinson's disease. If you are interested...google Parkinson's disease or Lewy body dementia. IMO, we are getting better in treating the symptoms of Parkinson's with meds and now we are seeing more of the effects of the dementia that occurs. The main take away that I tell families is to monitor their loved one and make sure that they are safe.

Sarah-- sorry to hear that your dsis is not doing well. My thoughts are with you both.

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Good Morning! :wave:

Another low keyed day in the works here. DH is going to take the kids to get their haircut and I'll stay home and do a FIRM workout while they're gone. The kids & I will take a walk to the library to pick up some holds. Depending on how quickly we get all that done, we may go to my parents' for a bit this afternoon!

Have a great OP day buddies! :salut

Kimberley

GOOD Morning, Fillies And Fillers (sounds like "Fellers", huh? :bcb_smile)~

I did GREAT yesterday. I wanted MORE Hoppin' John (because it TASTED GOOD :bcb_up), but had yogurt/fruit instead (meeting Good Health Guidelines)...

I figured that if I can lose a pound-a-week, I'll be doing great for the wedding in June.

By my scales, I've already lost my pound for this week, so now I just keep the MOMENTUM going...hopefully~ :bcb_smile

Yesterday I did everything but exercise. Today will be different.:salut

I didn't sleep well, either, Linda. I switched from generic back to a name-brand HRT; time to switch back...plus it's less expensive. :bcb_LOL:

Sorry for what your family members are experiencing, Lifer and Bridget. :buddysmoo

:wave: to AFJ, Havingfun, Becky and Kimberley and All who follow:

MAKE IT GREAT! :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Today is DS#2's bday. He is 18! My baby is 18! In case you haven't been keeping track that was two holidays and two birthdays in 8 days for us!!! Not sure how we're celebrating the bday. DS wanted to drive to the Inner Harbor (Baltimore) with some friends...as in drive HIMSELF there. I don't think he got a group together. We might just all eat out together or something. It will be low key no matter what.

Meanwhile, my big job today is more work on my Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraising letters. It is quite involved. I need to hand address envelopes, at least 100. Print up my letter. Which I pretty much finished last night. Personalize each one. Print a donor form insert, cut those, stuff the envelopes, etc....I want to bring at least 100 envelopes for our kickoff on Sunday. As an incentive to get our letters out early they said they'd mail the first 100 we bring to the kickoff, saving us $42....

I have been staying up WAY too late lately...need to get back into my normal routine as it's back to work Monday!

Carol, wouldn't a pound a week be a bit too much til June? :bcb_worry:bcb_wink3 We'd have to do an "intervention" and WW would definitely not let you keep coming!!:bcb_smile

Kimberley and Lori, sounds like you'll both have nice relaxing days!

Hi Becky!

Bridget and Sarah, praying for your brother/sister and their health problems!!!

Kim, keep warm!!!!

Linda, I've been taking Alteril (which is all natural, sold at CVS and it seems to work for me).

Well I better get going and get to work on my letters!!!

Don't forget to go to my website and give whatever you can to fight blood cancers with me!!!

Make it a great day buddies!!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Carol, wouldn't a pound a week be a bit too much til June? :bcb_worry:bcb_wink3 We'd have to do an "intervention" and WW would definitely not let you keep coming!!:bcb_smile

[/color]

I should've said: if I lose a pound in a week, I'll be happy! :bcb_grin

Plus, I'm trying to get to a personal goal. Where? I don't know yet...I don't even know what's possible. First, get back to goal! :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I caught that sore throat/cough that DH had, only mine is more head cold, laryngitis, cough at the moment. PHOOEY.

I made a big pot of beef and barley soup with extra veggies. That will be good.

My DSis and BIL are supposed to come over and stay a night with us before driving back to Arizona. The guys are going fishing tomorrow and my DSis and I were planning play tourist and also get our nails done. I don't feel badly, have no temp and I'm washing my hands like crazy so I sure hope I don't pass along my bug to them.

Sarah and Bridgett - I'm praying for you and your loved ones.

I'm so thankful for a 4-day weekend!!

Will take down the Cmas decorations after my fam leaves and I feel better. Probably next weekend.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest looneycatblue

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start... I feel like I am too. I got caught up as much as possible on the new program and am making my daily plans to stay OP. So far so good. My 1st test will be tonight, it is our weekly bowling league night, with a lot of friends that like to drink, shots and beer! I usually partake, not too much, but I need to even limit it further to keep me on track. Seems when I drink, I forget to eat right too... :bcb_yuck:. I will limit my self to two, maybe a 1 shot and 1 beer, and I will definetly stay away from the junk food! I will eat a banana on my way over, and maybe a small apple too so I am not hungry (I go straight from work to the ally).

I am looking forward to the weekend, and getting in some good walks and maybe to the gym...

I hope all of you have a great weekend too!