Health Discovery Network
Bridgethemom

Simply Filling Daily- Saturday Jan 3

Hey Buddies

Anyone up yet ??

I'll keep this brief in case someone is starting this thread off elsewhere.

Slept late-now I am off to exercise.

I'll be back...

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Saturday Morning!

I was up early this morning. I guess I'm training myself back to reality for Monday. Woke up to another 4 inches of snow on the ground.

We are supposed to go to some basketball games today. My brother coaches a high school team 90 miles away and they are supposed to come today. I'm not sure if they will cancel the game or not. We'll see what happens.

I did the 30 day shred DVD this morning and walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill, got that out of the way!

Bridget~Have a great workout and a great day!

Have a great day!

Kim

weight.png

Good Morning Buddies,

Didin't sleep well last night. BIL called and said they had heard from the doctor. My worst fears are real. My sister has multiple brain tumors pressing on the brain. They will start doing radiation on Monday. I am crying as I write this. Can't think of anything else. The doctor prescribed steroids so hopefully that will make her feel better.

Can't seem to get myself going this morning. Will come back and write more later.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good Morning!

Heading out to walk the dogs and then I'll make some breakfast. I have a big transcript to edit by Monday, so lots to do this weekend.

I took down the Christmas tree yesterday, put away the decorations, and did some cleaning.

I can't wait to get my Jillian DVDs. You guys are very inspiring!

Have a gread Saturday!

Jodi

Sarah- I am SO sorry for your sister & family. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please take care of yourself. Sometimes I wish we all lived nearby to help each other out- keep coming here, buddy.

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning Buddies,

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, you and all your family will be in my prayers. Please, feel free to come here and cry, scream, vent, whatever will help. You know we all love and support you.

DH and I are off to NJ to visit some of his family (you know, the ones that you usually only see when there's a funeral). It shouldn't be that way, so we're going to see them today. His one aunt is 94 and still going a mile a minute, cooking, cleaning, shopping, bingo, and regular trips to Atlantic City!:bcb_happy She's a real hoot to be around, I want to be her when I grow up! :bcb_grin

Still waiting for my Shred DVD, hope it comes today! I may not get to workout today, depending when we get home, but I'll do a double tomorrow if I don't.

Well, DH is waiting to go so I better sign off. I'll be back before bed. Have a good one buddies!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Guest sodacracker

Good Morning,

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your sister. (())

First WI today and up since Christmas so everyone in the meeting gung ho committeed to Momentum for the week to see how much as a group we can lose by next week. Very motivating.

Taking down decorations and cooking a turkey today so lots of good lean protein for the week.

Will check in later.

Good Morning! :wave:

I went to the gym to take the Tour de France spin class this morning. The kids don't start swim team until Wednesday so it was my last Saturday class for a while. After lunch, the kids & I are meeting up with friends to go ice skating. I've been battling a sinus infection for the past few days and have a headache (on top of TOM cramps too!!) but I'll soldier on!! Those are my only concrete plans today!

Have a great OP day buddies! :salut

Lynn- Happy Belated Birthday to your "baby"!!

Sarah- (((hugs))) Your sister is in my prayers.

Linda- Travel safe!!

Kimberley

Morning buddies

Sarah - I am so sorry to hear the news about your sister. Your family is in my thoughts. Sending you a big cyber hug.

We are having a catch up day today - returning library books, getting groceries, cleaning etc. I am having a hard time menu planning for next week. but I know the week will be easier if I do!

Have a good day folks!

Becky

((((Sarah))))

Quick check-in--I'm leading my retreat today so I need to get in the mindset for that.

Did go weigh-in (I had attended a meeting earlier this week, knowing I couldn't attend this morning) : up .2

I need to make sure I'm not overestimating AP and also trust that my body will figure out that there is a new sheriff in town.

Oh, and I did Shred Level 1.

I'll check back in after my retreat.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Good Morning, Buddies~

Sarah, I am so sorry about your sister. A woman (friend of a friend) in my kid's elementary school had inoperatable brain tumors; her will to live and see her children grow up was so strong...she was still living a good life when they graduated high school. It (slightly) affected her eyesight and her walking (gait), following treatment.

Well, I lost the "one pound" I wanted to lose for this week, and everything else I might lose is GRAVY. :bcb_up (not literally~:bcb_smile)

Heading out for breakfast with DH~ :wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Everyone,

Sarah, I am so sorry about your sister. You, your sister and all concerned are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

The snow we had on Christmas has been melting but is not totally gone. Yesterday morning we woke up and it had snowed some during the night.

Yesterday, DD and I, after WW meeting went to Red Robin for lunch. I had the lettuce wrap burger. We then saw the movie, Slumdog

Millionaire which we really enjoyed.

DD will be returning to AZ tomorrow. We have really enjoyed having her visit and I know I will miss her when she leaves.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Just popping in quickly, I have a TON to do to get some fundraising letters ready for tomorrow's TNT kickoff!

BUT I just had to pop in to say, SARAH, I am SO sorry to hear that your worst fears have been realized! Please know we are all praying for you and your sister and everyone else involved! I am sure you will be very busy and generally overwhelmed, but if you can please keep us informed.

I don't know if you knew that my older son had a brain tumor as a child. I realize that this may be of no consolation whatsoever...but I just thought I'd let you know. I know there are some tumors that are treatable, and certainly many others that are not...I certainly hope that it is treatable and will be keeping you all in my prayers! What is your sister's name? (I like to have a name if I can when praying).

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Sarah: I am so sorry about your sister. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Well this is my last full day before I go back to AZ. I have had fun seeing friends and family but I am ready to get back where I will have more sun. I have SAD(seasonal Affective Disorder). When I first got here it wasn't bad I was getting up at a descent time. Then after about 3-4 days I started to sleep later and later and just feel tired most of the day. Though I have enjoyed the snow here. I will probably not be on tomorrow. Mon. I am back to work for 2nd semester.

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Sarah, it looks like we posted at the same time so I didn't see your post. So sorry to hear about your sister. ((hugs))

Jodi

Sarah, how are you doing, Sweetie? As the others have said. We're here for you (I KNOW that to be true because everyone has been here for me, too).

The retreat on the impostor phenomenon went well. I think I planned too many reflective activities and will drop one or two when I facilitate it again in a month or so. It is funny. Midway through, one of the participants didn't come back for the next call. For the next hour, I was bombarded with "fraud talk" thinking that she was bored, wasn't getting what she wanted, etc. (note: she is a phenomenal retreat leader, so that was adding fuel to the fire for the fraud talk). Well, it turns out that her phone service had gone down for about 30 minutes and she couldn't call in! So, as my participants were doing an activity to help them short circuit their own fraud talk, I was waging a battle with my own fraud talk. :bcb_worry At the start of the retreat, I had told them that this topic was near and dear to me because I, too, battle with fraud feelings on occasion. I just didn't think it would happen DURING the retreat! :bcb_grin

I'm feeling rather tired and will probably go to bed a little early tonight.

I only have one more day before I have to return to work at the university. :bcb_cry:

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

So yesterday I went to get my nails done and get my brows/lip waxed. (Christmas gift) I ended up practically getting my whole face waxed! :bcb_blush Yeah, it was painful! Yeah, I left with my face red and puffy, which I expected. Later last night I was getting a little itchy on the side of my face. I noticed what looked like hives, I guess. So I made sure not to scratch at it and I put some witch hazel on my face to soothe it. (don't know if that's a good idea, but it felt good)

Well, now today it looks like I have terrible acne! I don't have to leave the house for work for a few days, and I'm sure it will go away, but boy does it itch like crazy! I'm trying really hard not to scratch at it!!! I don't think I'll ever get more than eyebrows waxed ever again!!

Anyone know of anything I can put on it to help?? :bcb_confu

Jodi

Anyone know of anything I can put on it to help??

How about taking some Benedryl? I think I'm also allergic to the oil they use - some places I go it's much worse than others. My brow area is always red & itchy for the rest of the day. I wipe it off the second I walk out too - but it still gets itchy! :bcb_mad2 Guess I'm not the only one! I don't know what to put on it though - maybe some cortizone cream? that stuff is awsome

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Guest sodacracker

Jodi I sympathise. I get a strong reaction to waxing and the area stays red and puffy for more than a day.

No suggestions but I hope it clears up today.

RB, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to head out to the drug store now and find something! I have this done before (at a different place) but I've never had this severe of a reaction before. I do have some benedryl I can take. Maybe the pharmacist could help, too; although I'm a little embarrassed to ask!!

Soda, thanks for the support!

Jodi