Health Discovery Network
Reallywant2Lose

Simply Filling~Monday~Jan 5th

Good Morning -

Its back to grind for me today after being off for 2 weeks. What an awesome vacation. We made it back home late yesterday evening so I didn't get to do alot of washing and prepping for today like I had planned.

So I am off to put a load of laundry in the dryer, prepare the multigrain breakfast porridge, pack lunch and the children's school bags. Sounds like alot to do! Oh well! Thats the story of my life.

I did manage to catch up on posts and wanted to reach out to Sarah and let you know that both you and your sister will be in my prayers. Keep the faith and keep us posted.

I gotta get moving I have lots to do this morning. Have a wonderful, simply filling day!

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Guest sodacracker

Nice easy introduction to the work week with today off so a chance to get kids back on school track, some groceries, errands and an hour or two of volunteer bookkeeping at a local place I help out at.

Off to do some Wii Fit before the kids get up in an effort to curtail my too long time spent sitting at the computer every morning.

See you later and steer yourself wisely today :salut

Morning Buddies,

I am back to work today. I won't have any students, but lots of semester ending paper work to do. It will keep my mind occupied which will be good.

Thanks buddies for sending all the prayers my way. Yesterday I did nothing, but let the depression take over. I can't keep behaving that way. All my sister is doing is sleeping. I so want to talk to her. We have always been very close. She starts radiation today, but I don't know what kind. Sometimes the information on the internet just scares me more.

I did get up and exercise for 30 minutes this morning. Back on track today.

Thanks again buddies. You guys really are the greatest.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Morning buddies!

We're getting back to normal today, the boys have a PED day but have gone to school for an activity day being held by the after school service (they begged to go!).

My plan is to do some cooking for the freezer, and then go for a massage. I have a friend who is a massotherapist, and health insurance that pays 90% of the cost.

The alarm seemed very early this morning after 2 weeks of not getting up at 6.15am!

Rw2L - it's amazing how many chores we mums pack into a morning when you actually write them down! Glad to hear you had a great vacation.

soda - have a great day!

to all who follow - have a great OP day!

Good morning....time to rise and shine!

I am getting ready to go back to my house today. I have been staying at a friends house since NYE and it has been a nice break. We each have 2 dogs so there has been runing and playing and very tired pups every day. The good thing is, I have been doing all the cooking....so have been OP the entire time! She even wants copies of the recipies that I like or that I have made this week.

I start my new job sometime after Wednesday. It has been nice having time off, but need to get back to work and make $$$$. I am also getting bored, when I get bored I either shop or eat....no money to shop.....and dont want to over do the eating.

Have a good day!

Sarah-- my prayers and thought are with you and your family!!!

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Good Morning Buddies,

No work today, but lots of other things going on. Things got a bit unorganized with the holidays, having to move stuff to make room for decorations. I plan to get everything back to normal this week. I have my yearly check-up this afternoon and a quick trip to the grocery store. I hope my Shred DVD comes today :bcb_bigsm, if not, I'll do Turbo Jam while dinner is cooking (I'll sit at the counter if I'm a bit too sweaty for dinner :bcb_grin). I've been trying to do my nails for what seems like weeks!! All I've managed is some clear polish bcb_sad. Tonight, I want to do my nails in a nice, new color ( of course, it will be chipped and crummy by tomorrow with all the cleaning I have to do :bcb_huh:, but what the heck!) I'll do my toes too, at least they will stay chip-free! :bcb_up

RW~ You sure do get it done in the AM! Good idea with the breakfast porridge! I think I'll make it today as well.

Soda~ Have a good "first day back at school~no kids". Hope you get it all done and find some "me-time".

Sarah~ ((((big hugs))))!!! You and your family will stay in my prayers. I've been through this same thing and know what you feel, it's awful! Try to stay off the internet and just get updates from the Dr. You can turn simple cold symptoms into the plague reading those sites! Don't add to your worry. Take care, we're all with you on this. :buddysmoo

Becky~ Enjoy your massage! I've never had one :bcb_huh:. Hope you get all your cooking finished!

Lori~ I'm so glad you found a job so quickly! Enjoy your last few days off!

To all who follow~ Make it a great day!! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I had a bad cold about a month ago and now I have another cold. :bcb_sick::bcb_grrrr:bcb_cry: So far it is not as bad. Just hope it does not settle in my chest. Although I did not have anything planned for today I do not have time to be sick although I guess there is never a good time to be sick.

It snowed last night. Not a lot but it did stick to our driveway and street. I am sick of snow and want SPRING to be here.

Becky, I envy you that your insurance covers massage therapy. Mine does not. At $60 an hour I will occassionaly get a massage but most the time it is when my DH gives me a gift certificate. DH gave me a gift certificate for Christmas with a new massage therapist. It was for an hour but she worked on me for 2 hours and it was the best massage I have ever had. I have Fibromyalgia and wish my insurance covered it.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Hi, Friends

I just made breakfast and packed lunch for DH-he has a conference all day,to start off his new position.

He's not feeling great, but did manage a pretty good night's sleep last night. The meds he was on for the prostate infection were giving him some pretty ugly side effects,so he didn't take it yesterday and is calling his doctor today for a switch in prescription. He had insomnia, bad bad stomach cramps, and worst of all, in my opinion, he was getting really grouchy-which is probably the LAST adjective I would ever use to describe him. The kids even noticed, and so did he, and that made him think it must be the meds and not the infection itself. Sure enough, we looked up info about the particular medication, and insomnia, stomach cramping AND the edgy "want to hurt somebody" type feeling are side effects. All done with THAT one !!!

We visited w/my family yesterday. My brother has an MRI and meets with the surgeons this Friday. I PRAY they will schedule the surgery soon, and he can start to really recouperate. Thanks for all your prayers-please keep them coming.

We are starting back into school today-I think the kids are ready.

Then gymnastics tonight-the girlas have their first meet of the season on Sunday and are VERY excited..

Well, I need to go exercise before the kids get up.

Sarah- I am thinking of you & your sister and have you all in my prayers.Take care of yourself !

All my other buddies- have a good one !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Back to school, back to reality...not a lot of time this morning!

Sarah~Hang in there. Stay strong. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Everyone else~Make it great!

Kim

weight.png

Good Morning! :wave:

The kids are off to school *finally*! It seemed longer with all those "cabin fever" snowed-in days!! :crazy: Normally the kids are much happier to go back to school than I am to see them go but it's a tie this time! LOL :bcb_grin

I'm off to the gym for interval boxing and then I may stick around for hot yoga as I have only been to one yoga class in the past three weeks (instead of the usual 3 times a week!). I've got a few errands to run this afternoon but will hopefully have some time to do some reading before the kids come home!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Judy- I hope you're feeling better!

Kimberley

In and out...

JUDY! Nice to SEE you! :bcb_grin

I'm guessing one of your DDs took that pic because you look so very HAPPY!

Am I right?................:buddysmoo

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

In and out...

JUDY! Nice to SEE you! :bcb_grin

I'm guessing one of your DDs took that pic because you look so very HAPPY!

Am I right?................:buddysmoo

Yes, Laura took it. In cropping it and then avatar sizing my chin got cut off so I may have my DH take a photo sometime. I cropped the photo from one that she took of both DH and me and then cropped him out and used the erase function on my software to take the part of his arm that was still showing out of the picture. I have been told that I smile a lot. When Laura was a toddler people would commit that she smiled as much as I did and she smiled a lot. That was the first that I was aware of it.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Smiling's a Good Thing! :bcb_bigsm:bcb_up

I got rid of my avatar. And now I don't have a replacement. So I'll be trying to get one up sometime...:salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Good Morning,

I'm having a quick check-in--lots on the "to do" list today. By 10:00, I'd already had a meeting with my boss and recorded a new academic related podcast with my new co-host.

Special note to Sarah: It's okay to have the emotions that you are feeling. They are real and it is how you are feeling. When they feel unbearable, we'll carry them for you. That's what we're here for. *big fairygodmotherly hug*

Off to read other posts and then back to work!

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Hello all,

Today is the first day I feel half ways human since I returned from my cruise. I got a cold while on board and with my other health issues colds really wreak havoc with me.

Anyway, today is my new weigh in day, and even post cruise I am down to 206.5 so another pound. I am glad the vacation did not hurt me much on the weight loss side of things.

I am having trouble getting back to some semblance of normalcy in my routine, but I hope to get that under control soon.

McCall

----------------------------------------------

weight.png

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

Guest sodacracker

Welcome back from the cruise :bcb_smile

Off to bed with my new Harrowsmith magazine - my knee is acting up and swollen from the miniscule amount of exercise I did today. I guess I should see a Dr. , sigh.

Good news! Tonight DS was asked to be on the competition team at karate! Not that he is necessarily a karate wunderkind, but he works hard and is really committed. They are taking 10 people on the team to try a few competitions out of town. An extra 90 minute practice on Friday evenings (and an extra $50 per month - nice money maker for the dojo :bcb_grin plus the cost of a team uniform).