Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
nivkovich

points together or seperate?

Im new to WW, been doing it on my own and have a ?;

when you make a sandwich, do you figure out the points, per bread and per slice of cheese or can you add up all the calories, fat and fiber of the items then do your points? I've noticed its more points to do it all seperate then to add up as a whole...

I think you can do either. Restaurant sandwiches are figured as a whole, so I don't see why homemade ones couldn't be.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Guest mom2twingems

I would be careful though,

How much of a difference are the points? I can make a sandwich for 3 points. I use double fiber bread, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles and meat. It may work out in some cases but you can only use 4 grams of fiber for the whole sandwich vs. using 4 grams of fiber per slice of bread. I guess it depends. If you see a weight loss and it works for you if not, if your weight loss is slowing then maybe count each item separately.

Hope that helps.