Health Discovery Network
WWLifer

Simply Filling Daily~January 7th~Wednesday

Morning all,

Not feeling too chatty this morning. Sleep was not my friend last night. My sister has 5 large leisions on the brain and several smaller ones. They will start whole brain radiation today along with radiated some other spots also. Which can have some bad side effects, I am told. The doctor said it has been 20 months since she was originally diagnoised with breast caner and that it will keep coming back. There is no way of knowing where or when. There was no way to stop it. As you can only imagine I am totally devastated. I can't think of anything else. Work occupies my mind, but I'm not really sure how good of a job I'll be doing. One good thing is that I have excellent assistants.

Thanks for being great buddies and understanding.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good Morning Sarah and all to follow!

Sarah~I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Hang in there and know that all of your buddies are here for you and praying for you and your family.

Take care.

DH went back to school today so now we are really back to a little normalcy around here. This is the first time ever that he has been home every day all day long during the holiday vacation and it took some getting used to on my part!:bcb_wink3 DH has a lot of energy and needs to be doing something all of the time where I am a little more relaxed about things. Thank goodness we made it through with nobody getting hurt!:bcb_grin

Not a lot going on today. Kids do not have CCD but the teachers, including me have a meeting tonight. Then we have skating right after that. Wednesdays are a little hectic but we just get used to them I guess.

Have a super Wednesday everyone...I'm off to the basement to do my shredding!:bcbkickbu

Kim

weight.png

Good morning buddies

Sarah - I just want to let you know that I am thinking of you & your family, and that myself & all your BCB buddies are here for you when you need to 'talk'. I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now. (((Hugs)))

I was up 4 last night, thank goodness I was only one week off program in the holidays. I am now serioulsy motivated, as it's the final week of the weight loss challenge & there is money for those who lose the biggest % of thier body weight, $200, $120 & $80. I want some of that cash!

Anyway, i'd better get the kids moving for school. I wish it was still the holidays - I hate mornings!

Take care all,

Becky

Hi, Buddies

It's quiet again. AAHHHHH....

DH has started a new job and will no longer have his home office, will have more "regular"hours, as well. Downside- we will miss having lunch with him and my 6 y/o will miss running over to the office with schoolwork to show him. Upside- He will be around other people and can get the support/team thing he probably needs, and I can have a more scheduled routine, and if he leaves early enough- I get some QUIET before the kids get up-and it's not the quiet that only comes at 5 am. Nice....

The girls are excited about their first meet of this season on Sunday. They have practice tonight and tomorrow evening. I think they are ready. They both finally have their back handspring-which was a major problem in their floor routine last year- always needing a coach to spot them at the meets. NOT this time- they are SO excited to be doing it on their own. I am really proud of them.

Becky- Stay motivated !! You can do it !

Sarah- I am praying for you & your sister. I am so sorry she is going thru this. Keep posting- we are here for you !

All my other buddies- Have a great OP day !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hello Buddies!

I have a full day, all planned out, but............no school today!! :bcb_huh: That will surely put a damper on things! I have the hardest time trying to wax the kitchen floor (wood). It takes 30 mins to dry, and between the kids, dogs, and DH it just never gets done :bcb_mad2. The more I wash it, the duller it gets, drives me crazy!! I'll just go with the flow and do what I can.

DD wants to try the Shred DVD with me today, if only she got up before noon!! (she's on college break). Since I'm not going anywhere today, I'll wait :bcb_smile. I found a good looking stew recipe that calls for a can of beer. I have some "light" beer that has 60 calories a can, so I think it will not add too many points. I'll try it tonight.

Sarah~ We're here for you. I'm so sorry you and DSis are going through thisbcb_sad. Many prayers for your whole family.

Kim~ My DH is "home" for the whole month of December, every year. The first week or so I love it. We go Christmas shopping, go out to lunch, and just have fun. After that I'm counting the days (or minutes if he's driving me crazy) until he heads back out on the road :bcb_grin.

Becky~ Good luck with the challenge! Hope you win some cash!!

Bridget~ I hope DH enjoys the new job. I babysat for years, and I loved the kids but missed "adults". Now I have many new friends at work and I love it. You can never have too many friends, right?

To all my other buddies~ Make it a good day! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Guest looneycatblue

Good Morning Buddies!

I had another OP day... that is 6 in a row!

I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Pound for Pound Challenge... Biggest Loser will donate 10 cents (=1 lb food) for every pound we lose. Here is the link if you are interested. http://www.pfpchallenge.com/

Sarah, I don't know what to say, I have never been your situation, but I just want you to know that I will also keep your Sister and family in my prayers.

Teresa

GOOD Morning, Fillies and Fellers (where are our guys?! Any lurkers?...:bcb_cry: )

I'm on a roll. OP yesterday. Exercised. :strong: Even ate one of my DH's Kraut Kuchens for dinner and counted the WAPs.:bcb_smile

((((exciting part)))) At 7 PM I asked DH to bring me a small amount of peanuts to snack on; while he was doing it I thought, "WHAT in the HECK am I doing?! I've exercised. I went to a meeting. I ate OP ALL DAY. I want to have a good result in the morning...and peanuts will screw it up...":bcb_huh:

So when he brought them in (with peanut-breath:bcb_wink3) I said, "Never mind. I don't want them." :bcb_bigsm And he took them away.

It was that I was feeling a little bit hungry. And I was uncomfortable with that. And I was thinking of filling foods I could eat, and point-foods I could eat, but I DECIDED to stick with the slightly uncomfortable feeling (which meant "You Are Losing Weight" :bcb_grin).

And BOY was I glad this morning.:salut

(((hugs))) to Sarah and ALL who need one today ~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Everyone,

Sarah: (((HUGS))). I am praying for you and your sister.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Good Afternoon! :wave:

Thankfully, the sleet that started last night turned to snow overnight so we avoided the worst of the ice storm. However, we got a fair dumping of the white stuff so I was out with the snow blower for half an hour this morning!! I took an interval weights/cardio class and then a spin class this morning. I'd lead a movement at the gym to request more spin classes in a later time slot so now I feel like I need to support my request, even if it means having to double up on classes so I can keep my strength training schedule intact!! When I got home from the gym, I was glad to see the package from Amazon with my 30 Day Shred in there (the FIRM 500 calorie workout has been delayed!!). I'm not crazy enough to try it today though!! The kids have swim team after school today.

I'm not sure about this evening. DH is preparing for the first of his outpatient surgeries tomorrow. It's his turn to go to yoga tonight but he won't be up for it. If he can keep an eye out on the kids, I might go tonight so he can take my spot on Friday if he's feeling better! We're both a bit worried about tomorrow as his body doesn't react well to sedation (he doesn't even get freezing when he's got a cavity as it doesn't take!!). Please keep DH in your thoughts/prayers tomorrow morning and hopefully it will be the first step in resolving the health problems he's had for the past six months. He's scheduled for another surgical procedure in two weeks and we're hoping that everything will be taken care of by that point!!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Sarah- ((hugs))

Kim- My DH works at home and I'm a SAHM so that's why I escape to the gym every morning! LOL :bcb_grin

Bridge- My DH went back to work on the "outside" for about a year but found that he missed working in his jammies and taking naps over his lunch break! LOL :bcb_grin

Becky- Sorry about the gain! I gain an astounding amount of weight in a very short time if I'm ever off-program (which is why I don't do it often!!). The good news is that it tends to come off almost as quickly though!

Teresa- Keep it up!!

Linda- LMK what you think about the Shred. I'll probably do some/all of it tomorrow!

Carol- I'm not sure if I congratulated you on your loss last week. So, congrats!!

Kimberley

Thanks, Kimberley. :kiss:

I've been tracking on e-tools for the first time, and am figuring it out bit-by-bit, so I haven't been able to easily journal on your thread, too...

But I'm tracking! :bcb_bigsm:salut

Best of luck in the coming days...

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

Hi everyone,

Sarah, there are no words sufficient in such a difficult situation. I am truly sorry for this news and wish your sister all the best in her treatments and hope that the love and support of her family sustains her.

Guest sodacracker

Carol,

Yeah for the peanut refusal:bcb_grin. That is exactly what is needed to get to goal.

:salut

Sarah, SO so sorry about your sister...don't know what else to say other than that we are praying for you and we will always be here for you!

Soda, you really need to explain your picture to me. What are you doing in it? I love that so many buddies are showing their FACES these day!!!!:bcb_smile

Carol, :bcb_bravo on the peanuts!!!

Kim, glad to hear you got your DVD!!! And I'll be praying for your DH!

Hi Judy!

Theresa, sounds like a nice challenge!

Linda, good luck on the floor cleaning!!! You could always come to my house and clean floors if you want:bcb_wink3!

Bridget, Enjoy the quiet! And I am VERY impressed that your girls can do back handsprings!!!!

Becky, Glad to hear you are back on track, remember that here at BCB we encourage each other to be on program ALL the time!:salut What did you learn over the holidays that will making going off plan NOT happen again? That's why we're called bootcamp here!:bcb_smile

Kim, glad to hear your getting back to "normal"...even though I'm TIRED, I guess it IS good to get back to work!

I couldn't get on all day. I had a meeting all morning and my practicum student started this afternoon. I think we'll be a good match. Then this afternoon I got a call that DS#1s car broke down on the HIGHWAY after he bought gas and got his oil changed...he had to be towed and I was really worried about his safety. It died while he was driving on the highway and he managed to get it off the road but was in a spot where the traffic divides and he said it was dangerous and he is NOT one to get excited about things...He got away from the car and by the time I went to the car place someone was DRIVING his car around. Apparently it had to do with the battery. We thought the car might be a GONER so we are happy. And I am happy DS was able to handle the situation SAFELY!

For those of you who live or have been around Toronto. We had a camper tire explode there several years ago on the expressway, in the express lanes, during rush hour. We were towing a camper with an SUV and as we changed the tire I was SO scared we would get hit. We couldn't pull off the road totally because we were in the right lane and up against the median/wall. When trucks went by the camper kept falling off the jack and the whole car shook. DS had to help DH keep the camper up...

DS said today was SCARIER than THAT!!!!!!:bcb_worry

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Lynn- I'm glad DS is okay! I *totally* know what you mean as I had a tire explode on me on the 401 in rush hour traffic in Toronto as well!! :bcb_huh:

Kimberley

Lynn: I am glad your DS is alright.

Lynn and Kimberley: That is scary about the tire exploding.

The scariest thing I have had happen was when I was going 55 MPH on a local highway and the hood on our car flew open blocking visibility out the front window. We found out the hood latch was defective.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Guest sodacracker

Soda, you really need to explain your picture to me. What are you doing in it?

I am holding up my DD's camera trying to see the photo in the too bright sunlight. :bcb_bigsm

I figured it was a change from the Lucille Ball vita-meat-a-veg-e-min avatar I had for the past year (and the Lucy from Charlie Brown one from the year before that!) :bcb_grin

Thanks Soda, you look very cute by the way. And now I want to know WHERE you are???

Judy, the hood flying open would be VERY scary!!!! Wow, quite a defect!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Sarah, hugs and positive thoughts for your sister. Believe me, I truly know how you feel.

Eileen

One tough chick, I am a...

Breast Cancer survivor!!!!!!!

DH fighting 5th go around of colon cancer.