Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

Simply Filling~Friday~Jan. 16

Good Morning Buddies!

I have to work today and we'll leave for Maryland right after I get home. I made the "core" hamburger helper last night and there's just enough left to take for lunch. My guys love that stuff, so I'm lucky to have a wee bit leftover :bcb_bigsm.

Saved my points for this weekend as we will go out to dinner on Saturday. I hope to get in a workout or 2 while gone, but we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day and fabulous weekend! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Moring buddies!

linda - have a safe trip!

Used lots of WPA's last night at the Chinese restaurant, but had a great time celebrating Christmas a little late! Stopped eating before I felt too full, helped by a sinus headache.

I'd better get a move on. We have a photographer coming to take our photos at work this morning for the local paper, our website caught the eye of one of the journalists. The fact that we are 4 moms who started & run the business interested her for an article. Free press is always good!

Have a great day!

Becky

Good Morning! :wave:

This morning I'm heading into the gym (quelle surprise! LOL) to take a spin class. I'm back to the gym tonight for Kundalini yoga and may even take an interval boxing class beforehand if I want to escape the family for two hours instead of one! LOL :bcb_grin.

Last night was rough dealing with the aftermath of my trip to the mall (I'm allergic to perfume so any kind of big gathering place for any amount of time leaves me fairly sick), to say nothing of the aftermath of the preteen 'tude. :crazy: We've got a fairly busy weekend in the works so I need to recharge a bit before I self-destruct! :crazy:

Have a great OP day everybuddy!! :salut

Kimberley

Good Morning buddies!

we are all home today..one big happy family..not...2 parents..2 teens..makes for a disaster waiting to happen.Kids are off school..my day canceled because its -15 here....DH is slow at work so he took a vacation day...goingto be interesting..i will jump on my treadmill, then maybe go run errands for like 8 hours..HAHA

Its going to be a very long 3 days...:crazy:more togetherness than i want...all closed in together...not a good thing..HAHA

ps Kimberly i know exactly what you are going through with your DD!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Hey Buddies

I have 2 down with the flu today- started Wednesday, I think, but really got interesting yesterday. No strep, no pneumonia, so I am happy about that.

Lots of juice, lots of popsicles, tissues, and snuggling in store for today. Doctor told DD that she could only compete in her gym meet on Sunday if she is fever-free. We will see. I don't think she even cares right now about it.

DS is so dramatic and cute about it- he did tell me that I was not too comfy to snuggle on anymore because he feels my bones too much.

They are guzzling juice and eating popsicles right now, I may let them see TV for a while this morning-My other DD is doing everything she can to fight it-she wants to compete as well, but has a cough. Hopefully it'll end there. The joys of being a mom..... At least I have lots of help from DH and the two older boys who are extremely capable and helpful, and will take care of whatever I need help with.

I did manage to do Day 10 of Level 1 SHRED this morning. I was pretty distracted waiting to see how kids felt when they woke up, but at least they slept thru my workout and I was able to get it done. Level 2 starts Monday.

I have been having a hard time with sugar cravings the last two weeks. Not sure why. I went thru the month of December not even caring, and it was a breeze to avoid these things. Now not so much. I have to re-set my mindset and get it back where it was. I am maintaining my weight, but still want to lose a few pounds, and want that healthy mindset I had for a month.

I am working on distractions to keep me out of the kitchen and not thinking about sweets (maybe it was easier during the Christmas season to keep myself busy & distracted) I am cutting back gradually on artificial sweeteners, and think that will help. It's a learning process- and I am learning !

DB is scheduled for his surgery on Jan.26. The date was bumped up two weeks sooner because the man scheduled for that slot does not have insurance to cover the cost of the surgery. I am happy for my brother-but feel so sorry for that gentleman. It's crazy-the huge costs. I get that people have to be paid and things need to be purchased,etc, but to deny someone surgery to save their life. I do not know the solution to that, but it is so sad. I am glad my brother has a job and very good insurance.

Well, Ill get going now. (good sign- my sick ones are actually sitting up and speaking to each other-most energy they have had in 2 days !!!)

Have a great one, buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hey buds! I feel like I've been pretty absent lately. I've been very busy with various things, including having a practicum student a few days a week at work. When he is here I certainly can't be HERE!:bcb_wink3

Linda, hope you have a safe trip! Sure is COLD out there today even in Maryland!

Bridget, hope the kids are feeling better...it's nice to have BONES the kids can feel even if it makes you less snuggly:bcb_smile!

Doodr, hope you survive all that family togetherness:bcb_bigsm! It is a LOT colder in OH than in PA apparently! It was 14 midmorning here. But I hear it's going to get colder during the day.

Kim, hope your day goes better than yesterday. I have similar problems with perfumes, but perhaps not as severe as yours.

Becky, I hope all goes well with the pictures and article!!! Sounds exciting!!

Hey, it's FRIDAY!!!!:bcb_bigsm DS#1 left very early this morning. He has signed up with Americorps at a site in Mississippi doing Katrina relief. YEP Katrina relief is STILL happening!!!! He will be building houses and working with any groups that come down to help! He just accepted this position on Tuesday so it was all kind of sudden. I am SAD to see him go but happy for him too!!! I think he was anxious to get there and see what it is REALLY going to be like! He should get there tomorrow....meanwhile I will worry of course...and then when he is THERE I'll worry about DIFFERENT things. I did talk to him today though which made me feel better. He was already in North Carolina and is headed to visit a friend in Atlanta before heading over the Mississippi.

Well I SUPPOSE I should get back to work!

Make it a great day buds and STAY WARM!!!!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

GOOD Morning, Simple Fillers And Fellers (see...there's just no GOOD name for us yet, is there? Simple Fillers?!...:bcb_huh:) :bcb_LOL:

Today I am better. I had some 24 hour thing. Felt like the weakling on the beach that people kick sand at. DH had a 12 hour thing, with worse symptoms. :bcb_sick:

But today we're fine. A friend's mom is coming over to teach me to CROCHET. We're both left-handed, so that's good. :bcb_smile And I want something to do with my hands~

:wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Awww, Lynn, just wait til your baby comes home with a southern accent.... and wanting some southern style collard greens! LOL!

If he's leaving Atlanta he'll be driving right through 'Bama! He'll probably end up going the southern way, (I65) through M'tgomery and then Mobile over to so Miss. But, if he comes through I20-59, he'll come right through Tuscaloosa!

Penny McA

SW--172

CW--Let's just not go there, yet. (less than above, though)

GW--TBD

Good Morning,

I am feeling much better today although I am feeling weak and shaky. I still have a headache but the sore throat is gone. Getting my hair cut today.

Linda: Have a good trip.

Becky: How exciting about the article and photos.

Kimberly: I have chemical sensitivities so perfume really gets me. I have had to move to a different seat in church so always sit on the isle to make it easy to do. I have gotten sick while shopping with a headache, nausea and dizzyness. It can be really frustrating.

Bridget: Hope your kids are feeling better soon.

thedoodr: Hope you survive all the togetherness.

Lynn: I know how it is to worry about your grown kids.

Carol: I sorry you and your DH were sick but glad you are feeling better.

Penny: :wave:

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

GOOD Morning, Simple Fillers And Fellers (see...there's just no GOOD name for us yet, is there? Simple Fillers?!...:bcb_huh:) :bcb_LOL:

:wave:

I still like Simply Fillies, at least for the ladies!:bcb_bigsm

McCall

----------------------------------------------

weight.png

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

Awww, Lynn, just wait til your baby comes home with a southern accent.... and wanting some southern style collard greens! LOL!

The collard greens I can imagine, but the southern accent? THAT would be HILARIOUS!!!!!! I just can't imagine him with a southern accent!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I still like Simply Fillies, at least for the ladies!:bcb_bigsm

It's too long for me...:bcb_huh: Nothing has grabbed me.

SiFi could work...but nobody will know what it stands for, probably~ :bcb_wink3

Oh well. There's time to work it out. Somebody will have a lightning bolt...:bcb_up

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Oh well. There's time to work it out. Somebody will have a lightning bolt...:bcb_up

Carol, I agree that Simply Fillies is too long.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Happy to report I kept myself super busy w/ house cleaning all day while sick kids were resting. I managed to stay away from the kitchen, boredom and any non-CORE temptations. The rest of the day/evening is a breeze for me- as I rarely have trouble staying OP in the evening.

I had a lot of time to think about projects around the house I can do to keep me busy over the next week or two. Will be the solution I need to be mindful and really in tune w/ my hunger signals. How I could ever get bored homeschooling 5 kids is beyond me, but I guess when the routine becomes so routine, it can happen to anyone...

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

I'm FREE! I'm FREE!!*

(We need a skipping-running while throwing flowers smiley)

I was the featured workshop speaker today for a workshop sponsored by the university libraries. At the lunch, they had vegetarian sandwiches available that really hit the spot.

I am exhausted and have tons of stuff to do but mostly I am relieved that I don't have to get up at 5:00 in the morning anymore or try to get work done with a student worker on the other side of the office (kind of reminding me of Jaba the Hut because of the way he would slouch in his chair while working).

I'm also relieved that I don't have to keep telling people what I'm going to do now and to not worry about me because it was never a permanent position so I knew it was going to end, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm also grateful to be away from the university politics and people telling me that I wasn't an academic (excuse me? Who gave them power to make that declaration). Ironically, now that I have the title Adjunct Professor, I am now considered an academic...the only thing that has changed is the title...the class I'm teaching is still the same one. :bcb_grin

Off to rest and relax a bit before tackling the "to do" pile.

*Except for the Teaching & Learning class I will be teaching one night per week.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Hi Buddies~

I have not checked in for so long that you went and changed your name!?!?!?! :bcb_grin

I am still stuck at 180 but that is with a gain during the holidays and tons of sugar/white flour (aka:the devil). I felt awful the entire month of December! But just prior to that I had been toying with competing in my first 1/2 Marathon. I did some semi-training on a treadmill--and you know that exercise has always kind of been my missing factor! Anyways, I am happy to say that I have actually signed up and paid for the Austin 1/2 Marathon and will participate on Feb. 15th. I still cannot believe I am going to do it. What I did not know was that you can walk-maintaining at least a 19 minute mile. So I really am training and doing most of it outdoors as the treadmill is boring! I have done about 45 miles since the training has begun and even catch myself jogging at times. I feel so great. I really would like to see the weight just fall off but that is just not how my body is made. I can see my body toning and already feel more comfortable in my skin. It is crazy what exercise and fresh air will do for you!! One of THE BEST parts about this is that 1 sometimes 2 days a week DH does a 3 mile with me!!!:buddysmoo

I hope all of my buddies are still doing good, I am going to read and catch up on you guys!!!

Denise :bcb_grin

SW: 218 (5/31/07)

CW: 180

GW: 150

Good Morning Buddies!

I survived the family bonding yesterday...went pretty good after all! today i am working 9 hours. I packed things to eat while i am mixing color,etc. Hopefully I will make it!

Its going to be a heat wave today...22`!!!!

I will chat tonight or in the morning,gotta get ready for my day in hair world...lol

Everyone have a groovy day!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Maybe we should drop the name and use a symbol -- it worked for Prince, didn't it? We could use the green diamond!

The Group Formerly Known As Corbies! :bcb_grin

Jodi