Health Discovery Network
Guest starbrite

why is it bad to eat frozen dinners

Guest starbrite

Can someone please explain to me the issue about eating too many frozen dinners to lose weight?

I am doing ww right now, working out 1 hour a day and eating one frozen ww smart ones daily. I really would like to start eating a second one for lunch.

I put soup or salad with these.

I know that they can be high in sodium and make me retain water, but is this that destructive, if i am also working out daily?

In the long run will I still lose weight?

There are other potentially harmful health effects from a high-sodium diet, apart from water retention. High blood pressure is one of them. I keep a few frozen meals around as a "just in case" food. In case I run out of regular food I'm not giving myself an excuse to run out for fast food.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Guest starbrite

thanks for your posts, and angie-thanks for your link.

I don't think there is a problem with them. Yeah, they are high in sodium, but for most people who don't have high blood pressure that's not the end of hte world.

I think the biggest problem is what are you going to do when you get to your goal? How will you go back to eating 'normally' if the way you got there was with frozen food. I think a large part of weight loss for many people is learning how to prepare healthy meals that they enjoy eating and control their portions... so they can keep doing that at goal. One of my meeting leaders lost over 100 pounds just eating smart ones twice a day and she said the weight came off really fast, and then as soon as she got to goal it started to pile back on because she didn't know how to eat properly without the pre-made, pre-portioned frozen dinners.

10/08 256/227

8/09 245.2