Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Delta Force Daily! ~~~ Wednesday, February 4 ~~~

:kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt:

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Kimberley

Good Morning! :wave:

I'm glad I shoveled the driveway again last night as it will hopefully buy me some time from having to head out there with the snow blower this morning! Man, I'm getting tired of all this snow! Normally I make DH do all the blowing/shoveling but it's been up to me this year! Of course, it *would* be the heaviest snowfall year!! LOL

I'm off to the gym this morning. I'm still debating what I'm going to do. DH needs the car mid-morning for the rest of the day so I can't do my usual interval weights/cardio class followed by a spin class. I'll probably just do the interval class so I can lift some weights and vary the intensity. I was thinking about running though. This afternoon I'll likely do some reading as I won't have the car so my errands will have to wait until tomorrow. The kids have swim team after school. I will likely head to the gym for yoga tonight, depending on how I'm feeling.

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Kimberley

Good morning everyone!!!!

I'm just about to do the cardio party turbo jam, try and kick this motivation in gear!!!!

I will be back!!!!

Take care

SW - 146.8/CW 138.0 /GW 135.0

Sharron :bcb_wink3

weight.png

Good Morning!

I was up early again and have already completed 50 minutes (600 cal.) on the elliptical!

Jill, your stats are amazing - GREAT JOB!

AmyLynn, glad you popped back in!

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? If not, one of the contestants was set home for 30 days, and when she returned, she lost only 2 lbs. Well, Bob & Jillian made comments that the scale DOES NOT lie - that basically - she wasn't doing what she needed to do, even though she said she was working out 6 days a week at the gym. They went on to say that trainers have been lying to us, about our bodies adjusting to the new exercise and that possibly we are building muscle replacing fat so it doesn’t show on the scale. Again – they said that was a bunch of bull – and not true!!! I don’t know how they can say that when I have read this for years and years AND I KNOW I am OP and I KNOW how much I am working out – yet the scale doesn’t show it (yet).

Today I am going to stay at home a bit and clean my messy house! I have my new recliner being delivered today with a 3 hour window - so need to stay put anyway. Didn't burn many AP yesterday shopping. Could find nothing I really loved! I'll have no problem trying again... later on this week!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Denise- I hear you. I think that in Bob & Jillian's defense, they knew immediately that something else was going on. You can't work out that much and follow the food program and still be 100lbs overweight at the *beginning* of the journey and not lose any weight for a month. Any one of those things could happen but not *all* of them!! Did you notice later on when she admitted to Jillian that her food was not there?

I think that Bob & Jillian were upset about the "excuse". I've got friends who work out at the gym 5 times a week, for an hour at a time but have not lost ANY weight for years. They can lie to themselves that they're building muscle or losing inches but the reality is that they are eating too much food. They use the exercise as an EXCUSE to justify eating too much!!

That being said, I think that people who hit a weight loss plateau, especially near the end of their journey are a different category. When you've got less than 10lbs to lose, losing 2lbs in a month is *good*!! Plateaus do happen though-- I'm on one myself right now-- but generally we can look to things that we're not always doing quite right that might help us figure out what we need to do differently. That could mean ramping up exercise or making sure to cross-train and do different things, or eating different foods, changing up the time of day when you're eating, rearranging the quantity of food through the day, eating smaller or bigger meals depending on what your norm is, having high/low point days or increasing points as needed, etc.

Kimberley

Good Afternoon!

Just a drive-by as I have to run a few more errands and I have an appt. for a haircut. :bcb_happy

Guess what?? I am now a proud graduate of the Couch to 5K program!!!:bcb_bigsm Yes, I did it! I did every single one of those sessions.

Now, I need to increase both speed and distance. I'll have to come up with a plan to make it challenging so I keep at it. Maybe I'll think of something while I'm away and then print it when I get home. Kind of like one of the kids' sticker charts LOL!

Have a great day. I'll check in later for accountability.

I'm Back....I ended up doing the Turbo Jam and I did the new ChaLEAN Extreme burn circuit #1...Its a new workout from the same girl who does Turbo jam...more weights though...so I feel really good that Idid a cardio for 45 min and then 35 min of weight training...

Yaaaaa

SW - 146.8/CW 138.0 /GW 135.0

Sharron :bcb_wink3

weight.png

Cindy, congrats on your graduation!!:bcb_grin

Kimberly, yes I did hear her say it was her food. I think you are right in your assessment - she was at the being of her weight loss and very heavy - so it makes sense she should have at least lost 5 lbs! I love bob & jillian, and they have a right to be upset - but I wish they didn't say it was a load of bull trainers are feeding us. Muscle DOES weigh more then fat! If I weigh 145 without exercise, I still look a little 'fluffy' but if I weigh 145 and have been exercising - I'll be a trim size 8. Now - you did hit the nail on the head as far as having to shake things up for those last few pounds!! That is exactly what I am trying.. doing a bunch of different little things and different intensity - and focusing on eating different foods.

Hope it kicks in soon!

So I did another little round on the elliptical just now - 20 minutes.:kickbutt:

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Denise- I couldn't agree more. There's no way that I could be wearing size 2 pants and weigh 150lbs if it weren't for the fact that I'm fairly ripped! LOL :strong:

I think the main problem is when trainers allow people to think that lack of weight loss is because of building muscle. You'd be amazed how much weight lifting it takes to actually gain 1lb of muscle. You don't gain a pound of muscle in one week. You can retain water in your muscles/joints when you start lifting weights but that's not the same thing as gaining actual muscle!!

Kimberley

ahhh- you're right Kimberley! I dislike exercise :bcb_cry: and after 9 years on WW, I stop and restart exercise way more then I slip up on food. I need to study more - but I know you're right about the water that we retain (that MUST be why my scale is not moving!!) That said, exercise is soooo important! It really must go hand in hand for WW's to be truly successful! (I speak from experience!!).

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

A pound of fat weighs exactly what a pound of muscle weighs..... 16 ounces. The difference is a pound of muscle takes up less space. That's why your measurements may change, and you may lose inches when you're working out, but you're weight may stay the same or go up a bit. That's why you can't always use the scale as a measurement of your progress. If you're staying 100% OP, if you count all your BLT's (bites, licks and tastes) you can't help but lose weight and inches. It just might not happen at the same time or as quickly as we'd like it to. Plateau's happen, but if you just wait them out, you'll eventually get the results you want. I've been doing this for so long and I've made every excuse, and at times rationalized my behaviors, but the bottom line is IT WORKS !!! WW is the most sensible and easiest diet anyone can do. Just trust in the process.

The girl on the silver team last night was not a team player. She obviously didn't care about her partner, was selfish and her attitude was pretty cocky. I'm terrible with names, but I'm really hoping the other girl doesn't get discouraged and stays on task with her diet and exercise regime. If she does, she'll come out a winner. She's definitely got my vote.

JMHO (just my humble opinion)

I came home feeling tired this afternoon. I was planning on going to a power lift class before Hip Hop, but I just don't have the energy for both. I'm gonna do the hip hop class and do weights tomorrow evening.

Since I haven't been around in a while I never found out from Laurie how she liked Zumba.

Zumba used to be my favorite class, but Hip hop has got it beat. I just wish I wasn't 20 something or more years older then everyone else in the class.

Have a good night y'all. We're having a hard freeze in Orlando tonight. I HATE IT !! I don't know how you guys survive in the snow. I'll never complain about the hot summers in Orlando again.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? If not, one of the contestants was set home for 30 days, and when she returned, she lost only 2 lbs. Well, Bob & Jillian made comments that the scale DOES NOT lie - that basically - she wasn't doing what she needed to do, even though she said she was working out 6 days a week at the gym. They went on to say that trainers have been lying to us, about our bodies adjusting to the new exercise and that possibly we are building muscle replacing fat so it doesn’t show on the scale. Again – they said that was a bunch of bull – and not true!!! I don’t know how they can say that when I have read this for years and years AND I KNOW I am OP and I KNOW how much I am working out – yet the scale doesn’t show it (yet).

I very much picked up on that! I was happy to hear what Bob and Jillian had to say! I felt like someone finally had the balls to say what they said about building muscle, and scales not lying. I feel some people just won't/don't take accountability for what the scale says. Maybe it's our built in female coping mechanism.:bcb_grin So we don't throw in the towel. I so badly didn't want to weigh in last friday, I was bloated and just felt fat. But I had to...I can't let that scale beat me. Was I OP... yes, and I knew I was going to see a increase. But I also knew it was temporary, and sure enough, Saturday the scale reflected the week that I had.

I do believe that early on in weight loss, many people use the excuse that they are turning fat into muscle, therefore, not losing. I have heard people, after just a couple weeks on ww and not seeing a loss, honestly blame it onto their exercise. Muscle does build, but slowly. After just a few weeks OP, I am not buying that there is this lean, mean, fighting machine, under the fat, that's why they are not seeing a weight loss.

I do believe in plateaus. I also believe that there are many people thinking they are on a plateau, but in actuality, they aren't being honest with themselves about how close they really are following program. We must work the program for the program to work for us.

At first, I didn't agree with them when they said the scale doesn't lie. But, I do agree. I also believe though, that the number we are seeing on the scale doesn't always reflect the week we have had. Sure, if the scale is up, there are reasons, such as fluid retention (for a variety of reasons), constipation, and that our bodies are smart, and if we aren't eating enough, that scale may very well not move! BTDT.

We have all had surprises on the scale. We have seen increases in the scale we never expected to see, but we have also see losses, we didn't expect or feel we deserved to see.

Bottom line is, it's not rocket science, but it IS hard. It's calories in vs calories burned. I have chose my hard!:bcbkickbu

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guess what?? I am now a proud graduate of the Couch to 5K program!!!:bcb_bigsm Yes, I did it! I did every single one of those sessions.

Congratulations Graduate!!!

diploma2_color.gif

I am SO proud of you buddy! That's absolutely fantastic!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guest jill-leigh

Hey buddies. I called off sick for my morning job today.. Was having some stomach problems due to being backed up... Again. So I was away from the computer most of the day. I took my laptop to Ellie's with me tonight, but I've been so deep into the Twilight Saga books that I didn't even take it out of the bag. I can't help myself. I'm hooked! They're such amazing novels! I refuse to see the movie until I at least finish the first book!!

Cindy- Congrats on making it through the program! That's great!!

Denise- Thank you!