Health Discovery Network
MissLissa82

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Made this last night and it's a definite :bcb_up :bcb_up :bcb_up. Very easy and very filling.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat and cut into bite size pieces

1 can (14.5 oz) diced Tomatoes, Undrained

2 cloves of fresh galic, chopped (or 1 tsp garlic powder)

2 tbls dried basil leaves (I substituted Italian Seasoning)

6 oz Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing Mix, whole grain or wheat mix

2/3 c water

1 c Part Skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Combine tomatoes, garlic, seasoning, stuffing mix and water. In a baking dish, layer the cubes of chicken, followed by half of the stuffing mix, and half of the cheese. Repeat. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Makes 6 servings (approx 1 c each) for 6 points.

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *
Lifetime Member - 8/13/08 - GETTING BACK THERE

"Adding calories to a bad day will not make it any better!!"

Guest mom2twingems

I have made this several times. each time I tried something different. When I made it the original time there didnt seem to be enough on my plate so my mom and I tried again and added other things.

We added mushrooms and zucchini and that was perfect. I even took out the cheese to reduce the points because I didnt really taste it and didnt want to waste the points for it.

I also just mixed it up in a bowl and put it in the pan without layering it. This is one of my favorites.

Stove top also makes a whole wheat chicken stuffing.

YUM YUM!!!

I am making this next week and like the idea of adding some extra veggies! Thanks for the tip!

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *

i make this at least every other week! it is absolutely delicious! if anyone hasnt had this, you have to try it!!

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

this is a great meal that the whole family will love. I've made it many time. I've taken it to potlucks and it's always a success. It's nice to have something so tasty be point friendly. I haven't made it in awhile...thanks for the reminder.

Robin

HW: 318/CW: 318/1st GW:198

weight.png

This looks like a great recipe. Only thing, I don't think we have the WW Stuffing mix up around my parts. I may have to use the regular, and reconfigure the points per serving. BTW, I love the idea of adding fresh mushrooms and zucchini.

Thanks for posting the recipe......

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

This sounds good, except I really don't like the taste of stuffing (I know that is weird!). Does this taste like stuffing at all, or is the flavor masked by the other ingredients?

Gillian / SW: 273.0 / CW: 245.8 (7/25/2009) / GW: 145.0

I think the tomatoes take away the "stuffing taste", honestly. I think it's more for texture and filler than anything. That's why I use the bread mix instead of the actual boxed stuffing mix, it's not nearly as strong.

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *

I made this last night finally. It's great! I used 2% mozzarella and only 5 oz of whole wheat stuffing mix (because that's the size of a whole box now). I figured that it's 32 points for the whole thing or six 5-point servings. Definitely this goes on my list of recipes.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Rock on, BB! :bcb_up

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *

I use the tomatoes that have diced chilis in it. It makes the whole dish spicy and delicious.....if you like spicy!:)

~*Maura*~

Recommitted on 1-25-10

First Goal: 40 pounds by 6-1-10

this is defenetely a regular on our menu. it is so easy and tastes wonderful. great idea to add mushrooms and zuccini. i think i will try it.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M