Health Discovery Network
jenib

Any Ideas??!!??

I went back on WW on Jan. 2, 2009. Last week I had lost a total of 6.8 pounds, not what I had hoped for, but I won't complain. This week I've gained 3 or about 50% of my net loss. My problem is that I am still tracking my food and I think I'm working out more but I know I'm not working out less. I'm not sure how I gained this weight and what's worse I feel like I have no control over it. Any ideas or suggestions? I feel so frustrated because I've been working so hard :(.

blk-weight.png

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I'm sure it must be frustrating to think that some of that weight may have snuck back. Without seeing what you're eating each day it's kind of hard to advise. But here are some things to think about.

1. Are you following the Good Health Guidelines?
  2. Are you getting in all of your requirements every day?
  3. Have you taken the POINTS quiz recently and are you using that target as the minimum you're eating each day?
  4. Are you honest about your portion sizes and the points you're counting?
  5. If you have increased your level of exercise have you increased the amount of food you're eating (additional WPAs or APs) to compensate?

It's possible you may not be eating enough and that your metabolism has slowed down. Or, you may be over-estimating, or under-estimating how much you're eating. There are a variety of reasons the scale may not be showing what you want. Also, you might want to google "Why the scale lies" for a good article.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thank you, I think that was helpful. There have been a few days that I didn't use all my points. I wasn't concerned about it because I always add APs when I get them so I assumed the points left over were just from that and I eat when I feel hungry so I thought it was a good think that I had points left at the end of the day. But one night last week I woke up at 3 am starving and had to eat to go back to sleep. I thought it was weird but I never considered that I needed to use all those points.

blk-weight.png

Use ALL your points throughout the week including AP's and WPA's. It really helps me to write everything down, and keep track of my points balance. It keeps me focused and I don't forget anything. Make sure you're getting in all your water... that really helps too. Good Luck.

Just an FYI, your monthly cycle can play a big part too. Typically(for me anyway) leading up to it, I may be up 2-3 lbs, but then lose that and sometimes more right after. So it may not be a true gain.

Starting weight 175.6

wwg- 137, made goal 5/30/08

Current weight 166.2