Health Discovery Network
Cinderella2b

Delta Force ~ Weekend Edition, 2/14 - 2/15

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Good Morning! We will do our last day in the Magic Kingdom today. :bcb_smile

Tomorrow we will play play mini golf at Fantasia, do Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk as the parks are just too crowded for us now that the holiday week has commenced.

WI: +.6 :bcb_yuck: I guess not too bad for a week of vacation, but I better watch it a bit more closely next week. :bcb_drill

Have a magical day, everybuddy! (There's some Disney-speak for you! :bcb_wink3)

Good Morning! :wave:

Just a quickie to start us off for the weekend! I'm off for an outdoor run since the sidewalks are clear. Nathan's going to visit the grandparental units this afternoon so DH & I might go see a movie (if he can handle it). Tomorrow we have to head out early to go pick up Claire & Lucas from the camp. We plan to head over to my parents' to get our raincheck on Harry Potter Sunday (might even watch two movies-- who knows!!). Monday is Family Day and we're doing some massive baking as Claire single-handedly organized a "Rainforest Rangers" fundraising bake sale at the school. And guess who signed up to do most of the baking?! :crazy: I've been in denial about this one but I'm thinking my plan should be to make sure all the desserts have coconut in them (I'm allergic) so I won't even be tempted to taste *anything*.

So, I may or may not be around much until Tuesday. I just wanted to leave a heads up just in case!! :bcb_salut

Cindy- Have a great weekend!! Thanks for staying in touch with us while you've been on vacation!!

Trudie- I hope you and DGD are having a great day!

HD- Let us know what DH has planned for you!!

Jill- I just have to have some PB&J too sometimes!!

Kimberley

Guest jill-leigh

Happy Valentine's day ladies!! My friends and I are going out to dinner to my favorite Italian restaurant, so some WAPs will be spent :bcb_wink3 Fine by me. I deserve a little splurge here and there. WI went great this morning. I was down 2.8lbs, bringing me down to 140 lbs even :bcb_yuck:

My scale was a jerk this morning.. when I woke up it said 138.8, and an hour later right before I left I got back on (no eating/drinking, nothing) and it was up to 140lbs. Jerk face.. lol :bcb_grin

I hope everyone has a great Vday!!

Happy Valentines Day everyone.... Ed sent me a beautiful flower arrangement that was delivered yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. We got up this morning early to go to the farmer's market. He's off to martial arts and I'm going to Zumba. I have been craving a "real" bagel and "real" cream cheese. I gave in this morning at the farmer's market, but it was probably a better choice then the huge pecan cinnamon roll I was eyeing while we were standing in line. Tonight we're going out to dinner so I've decided I'm just going to enjoy myself, not feel deprived and then get back on track. We're planning a long bike ride tomorrow, and we're going swing dancing tonight, so that should take care of at least a glass of wine and a shared dessert. The rest I'll work off the rest of the week. WW is a lifestyle and sometimes we impulsively "blow it", and sometimes we make a conscious decision to indulge even if it means exceeding target + AP's + WPA's. I know it's not bootcamp behavior, but sometimes it's worth a week in the brig. (staying only at target, and earning extra AP's and not using them). I'm sure I'll be kicking myself tomorrow, but today it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Well, I'd better change clothes and get to the gym. Have a good day y'all.

Hello Delta Buddies,

I am enjoying my time with DGD. She woke up at 2:30 am then up at 7:00 for the day. She just went down for a nap.

DD has been busy, and I haven't been able to spend much time with her. She delayed plans with her boyfriend and we went out for breakfast this morning. She wanted us to bring dgd with, so we did. It was just us girls and I treasure times like that. I had a poached egg, dry ww toast and ham. I generally have my higher point meal for dinner, so I will just have a very light lunch. It will be an OP day.

Have a great day everyone.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Happy Valentine's Day!

No real plans for dinner tonight, because I am having a baby shower here for my sister tomorrow and will be using my Flex points then.

Jill, that's the bad thing about scales - it can send us into a bad mood! Anyway - since I weigh myself way too much - I know our body weight goes up and down.. all day long!

Cindy, glad you're having a great time! I really don't consider .6 up - because as I just mentioned - the scale moves - but in any event, I know next week you'll be right back on track.

AmyLynn, you said "WW is a lifestyle and sometimes we impulsively "blow it", and sometimes we make a conscious decision to indulge even if it means exceeding target + AP's + WPA's. I know it's not bootcamp behavior..." I think that I would never, ever condone this thought process to any new buddy just starting out, because I think they HAVE to be 100% BCB. However, since you and I and others have been doing this for years, I do feel exactly was you.. it is a lifestyle. We will occassionally even make a conscious decision to indulge.. but I really feel that because we have been living the lifestyle for so long, we know exactly what to do to get back to what we have to do. Throughout the years - I have gained, but I have never reached my pre-ww weight and thinking about it - I have really made life changes that keep me pretty much in check. Again, for any newbie reading this - it doesn't obtain to YOU! :bcbkickbu

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest healthydays

Today is just speeding by. Got to leave for dinner with DH but just wanted to check in and say I have planned for tonight so should be OK.

AmyLynn -- You've got the right mindset to maintain your loss. Denise is right too that newbies aren't there yet. I'm not new but I'm not there yet either but someday I hope to get there. I know this is how slim people stay slim. It's not about deprivation. It's about balance.

HD, I am not always there either - it is all about balance! I have to be in the BCB 'mindset' to be able to make those sort of 'adjustments'. When I first restarted the program to lose the extra 10, the only way I could be was 100% BCB. Now I am focused.. and strong again and heading directly to my goal. Next week I'll be on my cruise and know I will step off course here and there, but I also know that I am in 100% control and that's the difference. If you're not in control, you can take any side steps!

I am up early - couldnt't sleep! I have over 20 people coming today for a baby shower. My house is already clean so I'll have time to exercise and go to church since I am up so early!

Hope everyone has a good day - quiet here on the weekend!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Morning all! I'm out the door, on my way to Pilates. My abs are KILLING me (a good thing), my trainer worked on the Friday night, and then yesterday morning was the abs clinic. Ouch!:bcb_blush

Yesterday was a crazy busy day for me. 7:15 abs, then 60 min cardio, then home to shower, off to dad's did his shopping, home for lunch, pick up dgd, take her to mall to find dresses for her upcoming Bat Mitzvah (found 2 perfect ones!) then took her for haircut. Whew. I didn't get home till after 5:30. I'm pooped!! Today will not be much easier...pilates, then run, home shower, grocery shop, then my dd's are coming over to work on Bat Mitvash "stuff"...there's LOTS of "stuff" to do. Man, I need a day off!!

Scale is behaving..I'm hovering between 158 & 160...goal is 150..I'll get there, eventually.

OK, gotta go.

Denise, I'm jealous of your cruise. There, I said it. I'm jealous!!:bcb_yuck:

Later,

L:bcb_salut

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Good Morning! :wave:

We're off in a bit to get Claire & Lucas from camping. It's around an hour away. We've got some unpacking, laundry and shower/baths to tackle when we get home. The plan is to go to my parents' later on this afternoon to watch Harry Potter #2 and stay for supper. I will be running the 6.5 miles over there if DH is coming or will do a FIRM workout in the basement before I take the kids if he's not! Tonight we'll finish off "Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH" so we'll watch the movie at some point tomorrow (which is a holiday here).

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Kimberley

Mornin' Buddies,

I am going to church soon. I will finish my menu for the week and get groceries this afternoon.

I have laundry in, just need to get caught up with a little housework today before the work week begins.

Have a great OP day!

Trudie

Good morning

Sounds like everyone had a great Valentine's day. I was called in to work, but fortunately the problem wasn't a biggie, and I was able to get out of there fairly soon.

I have not kept up my WWOL journaling this past week, and my exercise has most def not been where it should be. I made excuses for both, mostly that I was too tired. As expected, the scale showed it (if that wasn't enough, the random menopausal TOM participated in my WI). I have jerked myself back into line as of last night and this morning.

B - Smart start cereal, whole wheat toast

Snack - banana

L - salad

Snack - grapes, maybe an organic choc chip

Dinner - maybe a grilled chicken fajita

Cindy, so glad you've had a great vacation. Hope the trip home goes well.

Trudie, I've got a ton of laundry, too. For one person, I just can't figure out where all these dirty clothes come from.

Denise, enjoy the baby shower! I love having people over to my house (had bunko here last Tuesday), but the clean up before and after kills me. I am such a procrastinator. I thought I was doing good Tuesday because I was finished with the cleaning a whole hour before everyone got here! LOL

Hello to everyone else! See ya'll later.

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HW 175/SW 169/CW 169/LW 151/GW 140

Ht: 5'9"

Guest healthydays

Had a great Valentines dinner last night. DH took me to one of the hotels that was putting on a special set dinner in their ballroom. Their chef must be a wizard because that was one fabulous dinner and I can just imagine how almost impossible this is when you are trying to feed a ballroom full of people at the same time. They also had a live band so got in some dancing and a magician and tarot card reader who were both walking around from table to table. At the end of the night they gave each couple a present to take home full of beauty samples.

Today is extremely foggy outside and I am feeling incredibly lazy. DH & I went to the movies at noon and since then have been doing nothing. I won't plan my menus for the week until tomorrow because I am just too lazy today but I do already have tomorrow's menu planned so I am still OK.

Hi Buddies,

YES, yes, yes, I got a 5 mile run in, on my treadmill. It feels so good to have that run in!

It's been an OP day. I had light potato chips for a snack today so no popcorn for me tonight. I made some pumpkin muffins today, and I have my lunch ready for tomorrow. It's a good feeling being somewhat ready for the week!

HD~What a wonderful Valentines dinner!

I hope you all had a great day!

Trudie

Greetings from AWOL-land!

I have been checking in recently and reading a few posts from time to time. Today started my recommitment to WW and myself. It feels good to get back on track after a long absence.

Cindy: I read a few of the older posts and learned that your father had died. I am so sorry for your loss and send my sincerest sympathy. I hope that you are healing from the grief.

Now, for that +0.6 gain....that's just amazing after a week at Disney World! You did exceptionally well!!!

Denise: I hope your baby shower went well and that you had great fun with it! They are such joyful occasions.

Everyone else: I will be catching up in the days to come.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP week!

Deedee

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Good Evening!

We had a great day at Downtown Disney and a nice evening on the Boardwalk. I ran into someone I know from home tonight; it was a very pleasant surprise. :bcb_happy Tomorrow, we will go up to my Mom's for a couple of days. The weather is turning a bit chilly, but we'll still have fun. We're going to Daytona Beach (not to swim!) to build sandcastles and walk on the beach, and also to a science museum that has a nice children's area.

DeeDee - Thank you. I think about my dad all the time, and at times it's very difficult - like the other day would have been his 72nd birthday. I guess it's going to take some time to heal. I'm really glad you're back here. :bcb_smile

Trudie - Wow, 5 miles! You go girl!! Good for you to have your menu set for the week and the shopping done. :bcb_up I'm very jealous that you also got your laundry done - I did a couple of loads yesterday, but that's barely going to put a dent into what I'm going to face when I get home Thursday. :bcb_worry

Denise - Hope the baby shower was fun! You sounded so calm and in control when you posted this morning. When I have anything at my house, I'm like a crazy woman beforehand! LOL I'm glad you even had time to exercise before the shower. :bcb_bravo

Leigh - I'm a procrastinator, too. I guess that's why my family just stays out of my way when I'm trying to get us and the house ready for company LOL. Glad you're not letting the disappointing WI get you down. :bcb_smile

HD - What a fabulous Valentine's Day you had! That sounds like my idea of the perfect evening out for a special occasion.

Kimberley - Sounds like you have a busy night on tap! Wow, a 6.5 mile run. That's fantastic! If you ended up with the FIRM instead, which was it? Inquiring minds... LOL Did the 500 Calorie ever show up?

Laurie - Sounds like you and DGD had a great day together! I hope you and your community are healing after that horrible plane crash and the loss of your Cantor.

AmyLynn - I definitely agree about sometimes splurging. This is a lifestyle after all! I think sometimes you have to count up your points over the course of a month instead of a week. I know it's not truly OP, but it's better than throwing in the towel over a bad week. Hope you and Ed had fun this weekend!

Have a great night, everybuddy!