Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Delta Force Daily! ~~~ Monday, February 16 ~~~

Good Morning! :wave:

It's Family Day here in the province of Ontario. DH is going to watch the kids this morning while I head into the gym. I think I'm going to "just" take the interval boxing class. It was nice to "take it easy" this past weekend, walking 13.5 miles with the dog. It helped get me back on track food-wise since I wasn't doing anything high intensity to rev up the appetite. However, I haven't been out walking much since November and now my shins are *sore*! Strange because I used to walk so much and I never felt it, no matter how many miles I walked in a day (and I walked a *lot* of miles in a day!). But I guess it's proof that you use your muscles differently for different types of exercise!

After lunch, we're heading over to my parents' for the "Rainforest Rangers" bake sale preparations. It's going to be a pan of chocolate, dulce de leche & shortbread bars, mint chocolate brownies & lemon/blueberry scones. None of these have coconut in them. But I know that if I have anything today, I'll have a lot. So, we're going to saran wrap everything into individual squares for sale. I'm going to take one of each of the chocolate squares home and have them *another* day. Even if I eat them both tomorrow, I will be fine because then the rest of them are at the school and not coming back. I have a very hard time stopping when I start and what I don't want to see happen here is me eating all the shortbread & brownies tonight and having to rush out to the store to buy something tomorrow morning for Claire to take to school!! *rolleyes* If there are two squares and no more, my options are exhausted once they're eaten! LOL

Tonight, I'm going to read the 5th Araminta Spookie book to the kids and then we're moving on to The City of Ember (the movie's coming out this summer!).

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Cindy- You're having such a great vacation! We want to come with you the next time you go on vacation! And this weekend was just a 7 mile and 6.5 mile walk. The dog has hip issues and can't run-- though she can walk up to 10 miles without a problem!! As for the 500 cal workout, it's still listed as not in stock yet but they'll ship it to me when it is!!

DeeDee- :welcome: back! I'll introduce myself to you-- my name is Kimberley, I'm 35 years old and I'm a SAHM to 3 kids (Claire 10, Lucas 8, Nathan 6).

Trudie- Great job on the TM! I really enjoyed getting outside this weekend so I think that I will be out there running more this spring! I haven't been using the TM as much this winter as I did last winter but I'm still getting tired of it anyway! LOL

Denise- I hope the baby shower went well!

Leigh- Add me to the procrastinators. I know that it takes way more energy to get into denial about things than to just tackle them but I still don't tackle them first thing!!

HD- Your DH needs to talk to my DH. I got ditched on Valentine's for a religious study group!!

Laurie- I hope you get to rest today!

Kimberley

Guest jill-leigh

Blegh.. Happy monday everyone. I had a hideous dentist appt today to get a non-invasive laser surgery on my gums.. and I am none excited about it. In fact, I'm horrified. I don't wanna! But it needs to be done before my gums recede right off of my teeth :bcb_grin

Kimberley- I know what you mean about the shins. When I first started walking down at this place in the valley called "Sand Run", we only walked like 3 miles I think, but it was horrendous. I had THE WORST shin splints ever! That sand hilly path always gets me, but I love it. It's so pretty. Your baking sounds fun, but tempting!!

Guest healthydays

Jill -- My DH had that done. I won't tell you it was nothing but it was worth it. It's now about 10 years on and still no problems for him.

Had WI today and only a .2 loss but I'll take it. Every bit helps but more importantly is that I know I was OP so I figure everything will come in its time. Won't say I don't wish it was more. :bcb_smile

OP day here. Got my menus planned and did other work in my home office so I am good to go for the week.

Hi Buddies,

Wow, it's almost 6pm here, and only 3 have posted.:bcb_worry I just got home from work a few minutes ago. DH seems to have what son had last week, so he was home sick today, and is now being treated for pneumomia too.

It's been an OP day. DH doesn't feel like eating so I just heated up some tomato basil soup and cooked up a black bean burger. Yum! I will have my popcorn a little later, so all is good.:bcb_grin

Kimberley~Walking long distances, especially if I am walking fast (which I do) gives me shin splints. And they take a few days to improve. That was a lot of walking!

Jillian~It sounds like a necessary dental treatment for you. Hang in there buddy.

HD~I LOVE your attitude! -.2 is frustrating with an OP week, but you are so right, everything will come in it's time. You are doing so well OP, you are an inspiration.:bcb_up

Hello to all that follow. Let's all make it an OP evening.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Hi DF Buddies!

Where is everyone!?

I have an excuse! I got up, had coffee, did my exercise and was out the door to 2 doctor appointments! One I had to wait almost 2 hours - and it was over 2 hours by the time I left!

Welcome back DeeDee!

Jill, I had some type of treatment (scaling back my gums because of pockets) almost 20 years ago. It didn't really hurt, but looked bad for awhile. However, after that and learning to properly floss, I haven't ever had an issue and successfully halted the periodontal disease.

Kimberley, 13.5 miles.. I can't imagine! I think though I will start taking a few walks to use some different muscles!

Trudie, hope DH gets better soon! So many sick people this year!

HD, -.2 is MUCH better then +.2!! Good job

So the baby shower went well. I seemed calm in my posts, but I am not! I was frantically cleaning all day Saturday, rushed home and cleaned more after Church! It did go well though, and I did fine food wise. The shower cake was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting... one of my favorites. I had a piece but sent that and ALL leftover food with other people. That helped, as I know if I had any left, the temptation could be too great. I find that I really can't have red light foods around.

I leave for my cruise in just a few days!! (Sat. morning). I really need to start packing - NOW! I don't like to wait till the last minute, and normally would have started this past Friday or Saturday - but the shower and doctor's appointments have delayed me!

Hope everyone has a great OP evening!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest jill-leigh

Just back to check in.. the surgery went well. I guess I didn't really explain.. That flap of skin that connects your bottom lip to your 2 front teeth gums? Well, that was pulling my gums down on my teeth, and it has pulled them WAY down.. although you cant see it unless you pull my bottom lip down. Well, they removed that and... a lot more than I thought they would. It's a burnt-looking hole about the size of a penny. It was kind of painful, and it wasn't supposed to be, and it's sore now. I've been chugging water to try and keep it washed out so I'm super bloated right now. I'm just glad I got it all done.. My dentist apologized for the pain, and he obviously felt guilty cuz he even called me at home to check on me! He's great!

Good Evening!

I had an interesting day. The good part was spending some time with my 12 year-old niece. :bcb_smile She is just such a sweetheart! She has cerebral palsy and some mental retardation, but in spite of her challenges she just shines! My DS really connected with her which was nice to see. I've noticed that he really prefers to be around other children who also have some challenges like he does.

The not-so-good part of my day was the usual family drama between my mom, sister and me. Ugh!!! However, I'm very proud of how I handled myself. We were having dinner at my mom's and went to the grocery store for a few things beforehand so I picked up some WW frozen bars for me instead of ice cream for dessert which everyone else was having. I'm really glad I didn't use stress and emotions as an excuse to indulge.

Kimberley - You can come on vacation with us anytime! :bcb_happy It would be nice to have someone to exercise with! My shins were aching a lot the first couple of days at Disney while I got used to the extra walking. That really surprised me also. I thought that with doing the c25k among other things that I wouldn't have had a problem.

Jillian- Oh, that sounds painful. I hope it heals fast and doesn't cause too much grief for you.

Trudie - I hope you don't get what your DS and DH have. Take care.

Healthydays - I'm so looking forward to planning my menus again. Great job on the loss.

Denise- Wow, a cruise! You must be getting excited. Where are you going? Last year, we split our time between DisneyWorld and a 3-day Disney cruise. Looking forward to going again sometime when the kids are a little older for a non-Disney cruise :bcb_wink3.

Well, time for bed. I can't believe I'm still up actually. DS had a stomach bug last night so I got about 3 hours of sleep. The poor little guy had it so bad we had to request a new mattress for his bed at 1:30am. Needless to say the hotel staff was not thrilled. I say they should have had a better mattress protector on the bed in the first place. This meant I had to do more laundry today at my mom's because he had erupted like a volcano and spewed the stuff everywhere and all over us. I know, TMI!! I guess a vacation just wouldn't be complete without at least one of my kids getting sick. This year was both. DD had more of the intestinal version of this at the beginning of the vacation.

I thought I had posted Monday morning on the weekend thread but didn't see it this morning. Hummm....

Just checking in to catch up on yesterday's news. I came home yesterday afternoon and took a nap, then went to Zumba, came home, cooked dinner and then watched TV till I fell aleep. I was zonked after our busy weekend.

I hope to have more energy this afternoon and will be back to post. Gotta get ready for work. Have a good day y'all.

Guest jill-leigh

Cindy~ Nice job with handling the stress! And personally.. I think the WW ice cream treats are WAY better than any regular ice cream I've ever had, lol. I TRULY prefer them.. especially the big cookies'n'cream bar! :bcb_LOL: