WW's SF: Asian Tofu-Noodle Soup

Asian Tofu-Noodle Soup

soups

POINTS® Value: 5

Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 25 min

Cooking Time: 15 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

This delicate garlic- and ginger-infused soup is a meal in a bowl. For the best possible texture and color, simmer just until the vegetables are crisp-tender.

Ingredients

29 oz fat-free chicken broth, reduced-sodium, or vegetable broth

1 cup(s) water

2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce

2 tsp minced garlic

1 tbsp ginger root, freshly grated, divided

3 cup(s) mushroom(s), shiitake, stems removed, caps sliced

4 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti, broken in half

3/4 cup(s) carrot(s), sliced

1 1/4 cup(s) snow peas, fresh, trimmed, cut in half on the diagonal

1 cup(s) canned yellow corn, baby, cut in half

8 oz firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch chunks

1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced

Instructions

* In a large saucepan, bring broth, water, soy sauce, garlic and 2 teaspoons of ginger to a boil over medium-high heat.

* Add mushrooms, spaghetti and carrots; boil 5 minutes. Add snow peas and baby corn; boil 2 minutes. Add tofu; boil until vegetables are crisp-tender and spaghetti is al dente, about 2 minutes more.

* Remove from heat and stir in scallions and remaining teaspoon of ginger. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

As you can probably tell...I'm starting with the "A"s and working my way down...:bcb_up

LOL.

Less confusing for me. :bcb_wink3

Doncha' love the fact that they have points? I love that, for some reason~

I do too! It's easy to not think about how many calories things have when you're doing Core/SF. This helps me think in terms of serving sizes!

Kimberley

I made a double batch of this tonight and used bean sprouts to replace most of the ww spaghetti noodles. It's got the same kind of stringy/noodle consistency but none of the calories!! :bcb_up

Kimberley

We're going to try this tonight with a side of hash from leftover veggies from last night. It sounds great - thanks for posting it!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Smart, Kimberley. :bcb_bigsm

Sailorwoman, let me know what you think. Maybe I'll give it a try! :bcb_smile:salut

Sailorwoman, let me know what you think. Maybe I'll give it a try! :bcb_smile:salut

I'll report back. We can't have it tonight though; I forgot we are going to symphony so we'll be eating out. Tomorrow we will try it though!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)