Health Discovery Network
red-d-2-lose

Southwest Chicken Salad

I invented a new salad this morning and it is delicious, full or fiber and only 2 pts!

1 can no sugar added corn

1 can black beans

6oz left over chicken breast diced

2 medium tomatos diced

1/4 cup diced red onion

1/2 packet taco seasoning

squirt or lime juice

Drain and rinse beans and corn, mix all ingrediants, it makes 6 cups total. I put all the ingrediants into my recipe builder and it ended up equaling 144 calories, 2 grams fat, and 6 fiber, for 1 cup

I served mine over chopped up lettuce with some ranch dressing on top and it made a huge 3pts meal!

April

HW 370/CW 307.4/ GW 150

http://redd2lose.webs.com/ My Blog and Website

TEAM RED

This sounds great! I am definitely going to try this soon. Thanks for sharing.

Sabrina Restart Date 1/1/12 SW 268.5

That sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

That sounds yummy, and filling. I'm going to save it for future reference.

Thx

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Thanks for this recipe I will be sure to try it .....not too sure about where I would find canned corn with no sugar added.

Do you have a name brand for that by any chance?

I am what I am I am what I want to be Please accept me for who I am.

Guest TryingWW

I hadn't heard of it either, but none of the cans I have in the pantry have sugar as an ingredient. They are just regular old cans with no special notations on the label. Maybe it was suppose to be no added salt?

Guest TryingWW

You might want to double check the "sweet" yellow corn. I have several different cans. All are labeled, either sweet yellow, sweet yellow and white or sweet corn (no color mentioned). All of them say sweet but not a one of them has sugar listed as an ingredient. So sweet corn is available without sugar.

I made this salad last night, with a few adaptions because I never have the right ingredients in the house and it was DELICIOUS!

My Recipe:

Black beans

Corn

Red Onion

Cucumbers

Red and Yellow bell pepper

Cooked white potatoes

Chopped Cilantro

Lemon Juice

Salt/Pepper to taste

When I'm ready to eat it I add a little Balsamic Dressing and it's very tasty. I don't think it would be any more points that previously posted and it's very yummy :bcb_up

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

I made this salad with "some adaptations" also and took it to a church salad luncheon. It was GREAT!! I made a huge amount and put it on a silver platter with a bed of lettuce underneath, the salad in the middle on top of the greens, and edged the rim with guacamole chips. Not only did it look gorgeous, it was pretty much all gone!! I did at some light dressing (not ranch but Italian) to mix it with, but it's my new favorite salad now!! I did top it with some shredded cheese and some sliced black olives for the luncheon. But this one's a Keeper!! I've even made tostadas with mine and put a little avacado on top. Can't beat it. Thanks for posting this, April!!

JeanetteSki

Guest reeniepeg

Thank you. Can't wait to try these recipes.

Wow! What a good recipe! I love salads. That is when I'm not blowing it by eating candy. It just seems that most of the meat dishes that are available in restaurants are becoming less and less "meat". I'm definitely going to try this recipe tonight.