Health Discovery Network
littlescalepincher

Weight Watcher's Biscuits (Great tasting)

1- cup self rising flour

2-tlbs reduced -fat Mayonnaise

1/2 cup skim milk or reduced-fat buttermilk

Mix all together and spoon into eight muffin tins spray with pam.

Bake at 425 degress until brown

8 biscuits 1 point per biscuit

6 biscuits 1 1/2 per biscuit

I cook 6 buscuits on weekends just were i can have me 2 biscuits with 4 slices Gwantey bacon 2 slices on each biscuit and 1/4 cup egg beaters fryed and sliced on each biscuit Allso i slice 2% chesse sliced in half on 2 biscuits W0W try get 2 ,,,7 point biscuit at a resturant can't do it so give this a try!

Starting weight:<br /><br />Week 1# 11/6 /03 weighted 235.8 <br />Week 5# 12/2/03 231 <br />Week 6# 12/11/03 231<br />Week 7# 12/18/03 231<br />Week 8# 12/25/03 no meeting!<br />Week 9# 1/1/04 no meeting!<br />Week 10# <br /><br /><br /> A Fridge Picker Wears Big Sneakers !

mmm I love WW biscuits, only thing is our biscuits are totally different things. Biscuits down here are what you call 'cookies' :confused:

*~* biz *~*

Do or do not .. there is no try!

Guest Lissa

I don't have any reduced fat mayo. Could these be made with fat-free mayo or do they need the bit of fat?

Also, when I ran this through Mastercook for 6 servings and it came out as 94 calories, 2g fat and 1g fiber. When I changed it to 8 servings, it came out to 71 calories, 1g fat and 1g fiber.

Here's a cheater... :D ! The littlest cans of biscuits you can get in the store, 10 to a can...are only 1 point each! I keep them in the fridge all the time now!!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Hello Lissa,

About the weight watcher biscuits you can use Fat-Free but I use light mayo, it gives it little bite more taste and the little extra fat OUR body needs to funtion .

Also kansaslaura Have you ever tryed the weight watcher biscuits? I eat them pretty much everday for breakfest and supper and they are 1` point and are better then the can biscuits and get much bigger then the can biscuits . So when I'am considering get more for my points I eat weight watcher biscuits for 1 point and I have had the can biscuits they are to little for a point to me they make me feel cheated . That why weight watcher biscuits are better they get bigger and more for you point!So check it and compare them and see what you come up with . Remember I use a muffin pan cook mine in so they rise big.

Joan

Starting weight:<br /><br />Week 1# 11/6 /03 weighted 235.8 <br />Week 5# 12/2/03 231 <br />Week 6# 12/11/03 231<br />Week 7# 12/18/03 231<br />Week 8# 12/25/03 no meeting!<br />Week 9# 1/1/04 no meeting!<br />Week 10# <br /><br /><br /> A Fridge Picker Wears Big Sneakers !

This recipe sounds so yummy I think I have to try it. But I have a question? What is self-rising flour? Is it best for bread flour?????

I don't think I have ever heard of it.

Elaine

:confused:

Elaine: Self-rising flour has been around for a long time. Just read the packages, I'll bet you'll find it. :D

JeanetteSki

Elaine ~ If you don't have any self-rising flour on hand, you can make your own..... ;)

Flour - Self Rising 1 cup = 7/8 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt

Flour - Bread 1 cup = 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon wheat gluten

Flour - Cake 1 cup = 1 cup all-purpose flour minus 2 tablespoons and sift

“Learning to lose is like basic training, but maintaining the desired weight is the real battleground.”<br />149/121.8/125

I'm on my way to the store to get the ingred. I'm curious and eager to try these for lunch maybe.

Approximately how many minutes should these bake?

You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

These are GREAT!!!! I sprayed a little I can't beleive it's not butter on top just before they were done and they browned up nicley. I hope my wife likes them my son did.

Here are a few things that I do with these biscuits.

Wrap dough around FF HotDog and bake.

It makes a 2 pt Pig in a Blanket.

Add some FF Cheddar cheese.

Add some bacon bits.

Add some Splenda and Cinnamon.

Hope you like these ideas!

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Guest Hailey

These sound perfect for dinner biscuits, anyone else try these yet??

I tried these the other day, and they were very good. I did replace the milk with ff buttermilk. They were easy to make!! Definitly a keeper!

~*~erin~*~

"I ain't settling for just getting by

I've had enough so so for the rest of my life

Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high

Just not giving up this time

I ain't settling for anything less than everything!"

Settlin' by Sugarland

Hi, I seen the biscut recipe and thought I would share mine. I hope no minds. I make these every Sunday morning. I double the recipe for the family. You can leave out the sugar but they are still one point each.

Country Style Biscuts

Serving Size : 6 1 point each

1 cup flour, self-rising (WR band if you can find it)

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 cup skim milk

Add all dry ingrendients then add milk mix until you get a batter and whip them well and drop in pan. The mix will or should be a thick cake batter, if not add just enough water to make it whipable. bake for about 20 min and brown. serve while hot

My friend said the more you whip them the fluffy they will be. I whip mine for about a 30 sec-1 min or so. I know most of you add shortening and I use to but now I don't after getting this recipe(this friend is older and said when she grew up this is how the made the all the time). The only thing I changed is the milk I use skim instead of whole. If you can find WR brand flour it is worth buying. I know pillsbury flour will make a heavier biscut than WR. I like them light and fluffy.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 80 Calories; trace Fat (2.5% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Keep up the good work!

" Fat your out of here"

Have a great day!!!

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Kim

5'8

SW: 204--Sep 1, 2004

CW: 175.5

GW: 150

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Guest EnchantedOne

i made these yesterday and they are the best biscuits i have had. i have tried so many other ones and this is it. They taste like a real biscuit, almost like the ones from kfc. You have to try these.

EnchantedOne,

Which recipe did you try?

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest EnchantedOne

the first recipe is the one i tried. sorry i should have specified.

very simple and yummie.:salut

Thanks. They both sound like a good way to spend some points. I know DH would LOVE them.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I think these biscuits are 2 pts instead of 1...

80 cal/0 fat/1 fiber = 1.5.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

If you make them with ww flour and ff mayo they are 6 @ 1 pt

They have more of a scone consistency (and the batter looks suspiciously like tuna fish :bcb_bigsm )

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest kats737

I made the first recipe tonight for the bottom of a chicken pot 'pie' - very good! I'll definitely keep these in rotation for when we want a fluffy biscuit for low points.

Actually, if you use ww flour, they get more dense with refrigeration. :bcb_yuck:

I'm making them with reg. flour this time.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

OH man I just made these with dinner (the original recipe), there are 0 left. My kids loved them and so did I. They were oober easy to make and delicious! I made 8 of them at 1pt each in the muffin tin. I give this a :bcb_up.