Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Delta Force Daily! ~~~ Thursday, February 26 ~~~

Good Morning! :wave:

It's been two nights on not very much sleep :sleepin: . DH is in a lot of pain today but that's to be expected. I felt kind of scared/overwhelmed yesterday as he kept passing out from the medication and/or pain and I was having to take the kids to swimming, pick up prescriptions, keep the kids upstairs since they were overwhelming him, etc. I needed to be with my husband but my family was NOWHERE to be found so I wound up either calling him every ten minutes if I wasn't home to make sure he was conscious or else going downstairs to check on him every few minutes.

Anyway, I got the kids through breakfast & off to school. Nathan took the bus, Claire ran to school with the dog & I ran with Lucas. It was a chance to go outside and get some fresh air. I'm going to run down with the dog and meet them after school today if DH is doing okay (he was napping this morning when I went). That will get me 45 minutes of exercise today! :D I will hopefully get to nap a bit when DH does through the day. Tonight I have to take the kids to church group and then Claire to hip-hop. I think that it will be easier for me to take them than have to deal with keeping them quiet at home and/or away from DH if he's still not doing well. We'll see how things go as the day progresses.

I am determined to have an OP day today and hope you are too! :salut

AmyLynn- Thanks! I only have one week out of the month where I lose weight and the other three are gain/maintain/loss to balance each other out. Of course, I blew it this week (the one week I do lose) and now I have to face the consequences! :bcb_down

Cindy- STAY STRONG buddy! We can do this! I'm going to go cold turkey today and it won't be easy but it's gotta be done!

DeeDee- Great job!! I'm glad you took up some of the gym slack for me since I can't go for the next few days! LOL

Trudie- I hope DGD is feeling better! What a great grandparent you are-- my parents should take a lesson! Glad to hear that people recognize your efforts! BTW, if you don't mind me asking, where have you set your Target/WPA/AP range for maintenance?

HD- I enjoyed the movie! And, I always go to matinees as they're cheaper (and we don't have a babysitter to watch the kids at night anyway!!)

Kimberley

Guest jill-leigh

Picked up some extra hours at Ellie's, so I will now be working Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7-10am. My WI and meeting is normally Saturday morning at 8:45 so.. I'm gonna have to go to a later meeting at 11:15, which stinks because I will definitely have to eat/drink something before I go, which will mess with the scale. I'm thinking I will have a protein mix w/ milk, and maybe a yogurt or something. Keep it super light. OR, I may just switch my WI day to friday or sunday, that way I can still go early in the morning.. that sounds better. Idk.. gotta figure this out..

Kimberley- I'm sorry to hear about your DH being in that much pain. I'm sure all of the passing out would make me skittish too. Stay strong!

Hi everyone,

Not much internet time left for me on the ship.. haven't read anything - but did catch that Kimberley's DH had his surgery and was in pain.. wishing him well.

Just want to post how I am doing.. AWESOME. My DH and parents are impressed (and to tell you the truth - I am pretty proud!) I have been eating yummy salads (and they are good!) before all my main meals.. but the biggest thing I have been doing is EXERCISING everyday!! I have blisters on my heels, but I covered them with bandaids so it hasn't stopped me. Hopefully - the scale will reflect my dedication and will result in just a little damage.

Gotta sign off!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest healthydays

Denise - WTG :bcb_up

Kimberley -- I'm sending strong vibes your way to help you deal with all that's going on.}}}}}}}}}}} Here come some healing vibes too for your DH }}}}}}}}}}

Really lousy weather here. Got to go to the dentist tomorrow to finalize the work from last week. Think iit's the last appointment.

Had a good weigh in today...finally! Dh joined last week, we were both down 3 lb this week. I finally made up the weight I put on, plus 1! So, I'm down a total of 31lb. Getting closer.

Kimberly, hope your dh is starting to do better.

Denise, great job, and I'm still jealous.

Everyone else, have a great evening. I'm off to ZUMBA after dinner!

L:salut

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Hi Buddies,

We are having some good old Northern WI weather. I think we have about 6" of snow out there and it's still coming down. The wind is terrible. Most things are cancelled tonight.

Well, I am off work tomorrow. I have my 40 hours in and my Director has insisted I take a day off. There are only 2 cases scheduled. When I left, I packed my work laptop and then I thought about it and said no, I don't need it at home, it's my day off. I'd like to work, but with this weather, I am sure come morning, that I will be glad to be off.

DGD is doing much better, not 100% but better. I am probably going to be able to see her tomorrow.:bcb_smile

Kimberley~Hugs to you and DH, you guys have had quite a time. I don't mind you asking about my target, etc. On maintenance, if have worked myself up to 28-29 points a day for my target, that includes AP's. While losing, I was eating 18-20 points/day. Many days I don't eat any WPA's, I am generally satisfied with those points. I probably eat 10 a week. I was running 3 days a week, now it's generally 2 days a week due to long hours at work, though I now frequently walk 12-15,000 steps a day at work. The scale was ugly this am, and I fear that I will actually show a gain having eaten more WPA early this week. I am PMSY, I am sure that doesn't help.bcb_sad

Denise~You rock buddy:bcb_up

Hello to all my buddies. DS is asking for helping with his resume.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Good Evening!

I'm doing ok today! :bcb_happy My nerves are still completely shot, but I'm not trying to soothe myself with food. I had a nice 30 minute run on the treadmill this morning and then walked briskly on an incline for 15 minutes. It felt good to be able to do 30 minutes again. I also made a pot of the 1 pt. turkey chili today. Feels good to be back in control - of eating at least! :bcb_wink3

Kimberley - How's your day going? Is Jeff's pain any better?

Jillian- I hope you find a new meeting that works for you.

Denise - Nice job working the program while on vacation!

Healthydays - Good luck at the dentist!

Laurie - Congratulations on the loss to both you and your WW buddy! :bcb_bigsm

Trudie - Hooray, a day off! I'm glad your DGD is well enough for you to visit her tomorrow. Hope the scale decides to cooperate for you.

Have a nice night everyone!

Here I am, a day late, catching up on the posts.

Denise.... I'm so proud of you for sticking to your plan on the cruise. A few years ago I went on a Ballroom Dance Cruise. I went to the gym every morning, danced during the afternoon and also at night and still gained 10 pounds in 7 days. I just wasn't used to eating 5-6 meals a day. I was careful about what I was eating the first day... then blew it big time. I just ate what everyone else in my group was eating (lots of pizza and ice cream between meals and late at night... sushi before dinner, and desserts at every meal). It was like being on a floating troth (sp?). I love cruises, but frankly I'm afraid of going on another one because I just don't trust myself around all that food. I've been on 3 cruises, and gained on each one.

Laurie.... I'm so excited that you're going to Zumba!!!!!! Next you'll be getting certified as an instructor. The workshop was so much fun and well worth the $195, even if you never teach a class. I taught for more then a year till I broke my foot. I started with a small group in my condo and then a larger group at work. At $5 per person, per class (or $20 for 5 classes), I was making enough money to pay for my own Ballroom dance classes. Plus, it was a committment to show up for classes 3 nights a week.

As usual.... I'm now running late for work. Gotta jump in the shower.

Amy Lynn..yes, it's fun. I'm not too thrilled with the instructor, though. What it's shown me is how uncoordinated I really am! My feet don't want to move when or where I want them to! But, I do work up quite a sweat! I don't think I'm getting my heart rate up where I want it, but it's still fun.

Gotta run,

L

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com