Health Discovery Network
Cinderella2b

Delta Force ~ Weekend 2/28 - 3/1

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Yikes! It's the middle of the afternoon and no thread yet? Wow, and I thought I was busy today :bcb_grin.

WI: -.2 I am very thankful to have even squeaked out that much. I don't think I deserved a loss at all this week after my horrible behavior midweek. What probably saved me is earlier this week I decided to only drink wine on Saturday evenings, or if we go out, instead of whenever I feel stressed which was becoming most days. :bcb_worry I must have saved a few points right there to help offset the mini-binge.

So, tomorrow is March already. I know I need to buckle down a bit more. Losing weight is going to become more and more difficult as I get closer to goal. I think I"m going to have to really start eating a lot less and very soon. Either that or become a LOT more active. So, I've got a few ideas in mind to help me achieve goal. For March, at least, I'm going to join the 10k steps challenge thread and see if that doesn't help me just wear the damn pedometer and log the steps already. It sits on my nightstand collecting dust most days. I already mentioned the big cutback on wine consumption. The other thing I want to try is to make the polenta pizza for myself to have, even on pizza nights here (again, I'm just talking for March, we'll see about continuing beyond). I want to see if these 3 changes, added to what I'm already, will help accelerate my sloooow weight loss.

How does everybody else intend to work the program in March?

Trudie - Thanks for the explanation on how many points you ate. It's always interesting to see how other people worked the program. If my rate of weight loss doesn't increase in March, I wil probably lower my points starting in April.

I'm planning on hitting it harder in March too. February was pretty much a wash for me as far as weight loss. Up and down the same few pounds. My plan is to increase my fitness plan, add more strength training and add 20 min. on my elliptical machine at home 3 mornings a week in addition to my time at the gym. I'm also going to stay within my point range EVERYDAY!! Using no more then my target & AP's. I want to be POP for the whole month of March and not sabotage my efforts by binging.... (not even once). Screwing up with weekly binges kept me from progressing at all in Feb. One "bad" day a week completely stopped my progress, and no amount of extra exercise made up for it.

Today I did a power sculpt class in addition to Zumba, so with 6 AP's for the day I'm off to a good start. We're either going to a movie tonight or going dancing, so if it's the later I'll rack up a few more AP's. I really have to recommit again and quit playing around. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. The weather is perfect outside. I think I'll go take a walk around the lake while I have time.

Peace out....

Good Evening! :wave:

Another busy Saturday here. I got the kids to swim team, floor hockey & art lessons. In the middle there, I went to WW to WI for the month (6mth Lifetime anniversary and 7th free WI!!). The kids went to my parents' for the afternoon so I'll head over and pick them up (eventually). While they were gone, I took the dog for a 4 mile walk this afternoon. My dad needed help installing software on his new laptop so he kept DH company on the couch while I was gone. It was good to get out. I've learned this week that I don't "do" shut-in very well!! :crazy:

I hope you don't mind me adding in my $0.01 to the AP/WPA discussion. I lost 92lbs on Flex eating *all* my WPAs and APs. I think that the program works when we work it-- and I mean that across the board. It doesn't mean you always have to eat all your points but the program puts them there to be used as needed and deliberately not using them to see a result on the scale isn't the intention of the program. Speaking personally, whenever I've cut back on points, I stop losing weight. That didn't have to happen too many times before I learned that lesson!! LOL

I think it is important to look at what we're doing and find the most obvious answer. Often when people write that they haven't been losing weight, that's not really true. If you gain 5lbs in a month from not journaling/counting points/eating healthy foods and then you lose 5lbs in a month when you *are* journaling/counting points/eating healthy foods, is the *reality* here that you wound up losing nothing all month long? I know that's what I've been going through over the past 3 months. It's easy for me to say that I'm not losing any weight. But the reality is that I'm gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again. When I work the program, I lose weight. When I don't, I gain weight and then I have to work the program to lose what I've gained!! LOL :crazy:

Sometimes we hit true plateaus where we *are* OP 24/7, journaling everything, making good food choices, getting in lots of exercise, etc and in those cases, it's most important to shake things up and try something different. It could mean eating different foods, or changing the time of day you eat or how you portion out your points through the day/week.

Okay, back to the couch!! :wave:

Kimberley

Guest healthydays

Slumdog was great. I really loved how they formatted the movie. If anyone hasn't seen it I highly recommend it. We had planned to go out to breakfast before the 10:30 am movie but got a later start thanks to DS not getting up in time so instead we had lunch out with DS after his SAT practice test. Nothing fancy but it was nice to have DS out with us. Then we all ran some errands so it was a good day.

Maybe tomorrow we will go out to breakfast. It is supposed to be rainy and lousy the whole day so might as well do a nice indoor activity.

I might see if there is another movie playing anywhere we want to see.

Kimberley, I know what you mean about being cooped up. I don't like it either. The worst time I remember was when my kids were really little. DD got chicken pox so I was home with her for 10 days -- couldn't go anywhere. Then I got out for 1 day the first day she went back to school and sure enough DS came home from school with chicken pox that afternoon so it was another 10 days home. Almost 20 straight days.....I felt like a prisoner and to make it even worse, DS had a much worse case so was really miserable. I don't even handle being sick very well. If I'm really sick in bed it's OK but as I start to feel better then I start feeling sorry for myself. I just hate being sick and cooped up. Fortunately, knock on wood, I don't get sick very often.

OP here but took day off of exercise.

Guest jill-leigh

Well.. I maintained this week.. and honestly, I had a protein smoothie and apple before I went to WI, so I probably did lose a few ounces, lol. Oh well, better than a gain with all of my recent problems. My new WI day is Monday, so we will see what it says then. Scaryyyy.

Cindy- Nice job at the WI! I love when you slip up but still lose weight!

AmyLynn- I'm with you and Cindy on buckling down. I'm going to attempt to wake up a little earlier a few times a day and get in one of my TBL videos. I'm not a morning person so, it's gonna be hard.

Kimberley- I agree about the APs and WPAs. I was never one to eat them, but I feel like I'm hitting a plateau, so now I'm introducing them for good.

HD- Glad you liked the movie!

Guest jill-leigh

I just wanted to thank all of you for the help you've all given me with my digestion/bowel problems.. Especially Kimberley. You have NO idea how much you've helped me out. I'm starting to feel like I'm regulating again, and like everything I've been doing to help is finally starting to take action. So, thanks again!!

Hello Delta Force Buddies,

DH and I went and got groceries today. I found some yellow squash so I can make that Chili. Life is good! I stayed up late last night and up at 0630, so I ended up taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon.

It's been an OP day. After my nap, I did get a 3.1 mile run in, Yay! While running, my DH was cooking me up some sauteed green peppers, onions, peas, and waterchestnuts. Yum!

How does everybody else intend to work the program in March? (Good question Cindy!)

Well Cindy, I didn't like 3 out of 4 of my WI in Feb. I was 126, 3 of out 4 of them. I like it better when I was 124-125. Those are the numbers I want to see in March. My journaling has sucked lately. Doing it in my head. Sure, I think I am being honest, but dang it, I forget things that I eat sometimes. I need to journal more faithfully. A friend of mine thought I would really like that new WW points Clicker. Has anyone bought one yet? I still frequently weigh and measure my foods, so that's ok. So, my focus will be journaling and getting back to my 3 days a week of running, not 2. That's going to take effort as my days at work are long and hard, and I am on my feet almost all day long. Hold me to it buddies.

I thought I'd share this. I remember one Easter, my sister, sil, and myself were all on WW. We all had lasagna for our main meal, and we all counted our lasagna as different points.:bcb_huh: My Mom pointed that out to us. The bottom line is, it is what it is. If I counted it for 8 and it was 10, it is 10 points. We didn't get fat on an extra 2 points, but not being honest with ourselves can hinder or halt our weight loss efforts.

Cindy~Losing weight does seem to get more difficult the closer we get to goal. I might join that 10K steps challenge too. It had inspired me to start wearing my pedometer at work recently. It definately makes me aware of how much, or how little, I am moving. You have a good plan in place, you can do it buddy! Congrats on that loss. I know you like your pizza, pizza is sooo good, have you tried the ploenta pizza? I haven't, but I sure have read about it a lot on BCB, something else I need to try!:bcb_smile

AmyLynn~Good job on the AP today! You too have a great plan for March!

Kimberley~Congrats on your 6 month lifetime Anniversary!:bcb_up I did read your Anniversary post in another thread. It was a good post! I didn't realize you lost most of your weight on Flex. I thought you were pretty much a corbie. I wish I would have eaten all my WPA while losing, maybe I could eat more now. I don't know. But I have read it over and over here, to eat all your points.

I also read, I believe it was WWLynn's post, about over/under estimating AP. I thought it was very good. I need to open up my Polar F6 that I got for Christmas and start using it! :bcb_blush How these posts spoke to me, is that we have to be honest with ourselves. Whether it's with accurately counting AP, and how we work the program, flex or core.

HD~I heard that was a good movie. Glad you liked it. Good job on another OP day!

Jillian~Good job on maintaining. What kind of Protein smoothie did you have?

Ok buddies Here's to an incredible March! (raising my water bottle to you) WE ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!:bcb_tank:

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Happy Sunday Buddies. Up and at 'em buddies:kickbutt:

I have my pedometer on and I am ready for a 10K step day. (of course, I forgot to put my peddometer on right away)

I am going to church in a few minutes. DS#1 Birthday today so we will all get together for that. It's pizza, his request, and I have a smartOnes Pizza in the freezer, and WW FF Fudge Bars. It will be an OP day.

I will check back later. Have a great OP day!

Trudie

Good Sunday Morning! :salut

Oh boy, I feel fired up for a strong March! :bcbkickbu I just got off the treadmill and am happy to report that I ran for 40 minutes!!! Not going to mention how slow I am, but hey, this is a record for me. :bcb_bigsm I've got meals planned for the week and now have to work on my exercise plan.

Trudie - I've got my pedometer on too. Sorry that the WIs in February weren't what you wanted. Your plan for March sounds good and I'll bet you'll be back down into your preferred range soon. Good for you to substitue the Smart Ones today at the party.:bcbkickbu I haven't yet tried the polenta pizza, but will this week. I love polenta and use it instead of tortillas when I make Mexican lasagna. We're having the deep dish pizza casserole this week, and even though it's not too bad in points, I want a lower point option for me. I think I can have the leftovers for lunch and be very happy also. A new lunch option is something I could definitely use! As for using the Polar F6 - great idea! I'm going to look up that post about APs. I forgot to ask for the F6 for V-day, so maybe I'll see about getting an early b-day present. :bcb_grin Maybe it will even be from me to me LOL.

Kimberley - I also read your post about 6 months at Lifetime (congratulations BTW :bcb_happy) and I think I understand what you're saying. Right now I feel very proud that not only did I go on vacation and not backslide to the point of no return, but I just went off program this past week and survived it. In the past, when I've gone off program, I throw in the towel. I'm so relieved that I'm bouncing right back onto the wagon. Glad you got out yesterday. I hope you can sneak out today for a while also.

Amy - Your plan for March sounds strong. It sounds like you'll be earning a lot of APs. :bcb_up Glad your weather is still so nice - we're having a bit of light snow today with 10 inches coming tonight and tomorrow. I'm going back to Florida...:bcb_grin

Jillian- With all things considered, you had a great WI and good luck with the new Monday WI. Glad you're feeling better!

Healthydays - I'm another one who gets cabin fever badly. I just need to escape, a lot! LOL Hope you find another movie, or some other fun rainy day activity today.

Have a great day!

Good Morning! :wave:

I got a good night's sleep last night and am starting to feel more rested! I even managed to sneak out of the house for a spin class early this morning! :bcb_up Not sure what we're up to this afternoon. I'll figure it out eventually! LOL

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Jill- I'm glad things are moving for you!! :bcb_wink3

Trudie & Cindy- I did Core when it first came out and I was trying to lose Nathan's baby weight. I liked the program but took too many liberties and stalled out in the 180s, got frustrated, went AWOL and returned over two years later at 240lbs! I waited until I made Lifetime to switch to Core as I was getting stressed out by Flex and needed to take some of the pressure off. In the beginning I did a good job of losing a few pounds past my WWGW but then I started the yo-yo cycle. It's fairly easy for me to maintain my weight on Core but fairly hard to lose weight. I feel that Core, by definition is for maintenance. When I'm on Flex, I'm *always* having to manage my hunger. I don't go through the entire day feeling satisfied. Since that's where you stay with Core, it automatically (at least in my case) means that I eat more food. So, I'm back on Flex (and white knuckling it) until I at least get back into the 140s. I may ultimately go back and forth-- one week on, one week off or two weeks and two weeks, whatever winds up working. I can't see me doing Flex forever as I get stressed out about managing the WPAs-- it starts when I wake up and continues all day long. I need a break from that pressure sometimes or else I deliberately sabotage myself and take a much "worse" break!! LOL :bcb_down

Kimberley

Hi Everyone, I am home!

It was a wonderful cruise vacation (Laurie - I wish you were there too!!) I just love taking cruises.. it is my favorite vacation.

Anyway, we got home early afternoon, and I had to drop my bags off and start running around to set up for my little boy's birthday party! (my grand/'SON' we have been raising for the past 4 years) His birthday was yesterday, and he turned 7. My daughter (his 'mother') WAS suppose to take control of everything.. but lucky I knew enough not to count on it, and good thing I didn't. Anyway - it went perfectly smooth, and he had a wonderful fun party at a nearby park.

I really was exhausted, because as much as I love the cruise.. I like my own bed better! I didn't sleep well on the cruise, and I always get issues with regularity when on vacation! Anyway, I came home and just got into bed and started to catch up on all my shows. I turned the lights out and was sleeping by 9:30.. and slept like a baby till 7:00 AM! I feel great today, and got up and did my exercise and went to church.

Anyway.. I planned on waiting till Monday or Tuesday to weigh myself, as I tend to retain fluid, but I couldn't help it and stepped on the scale. I show a 2 pound gain. :bcb_sick: :bcb_grrrr I wish I didn't gain anything, but all and all I think I did well for being on a cruise where food is in your face 24/7. Today - I am TOTALLY back OP. I am sure that I will have to fight off some sugar withdrawal...

I have a lot to catch up on here. But reading today's post, I want to add my plans for March. My plan is to get back into the 140's club within 10 days. I will continue with my exercise till I go into surgery 3/23. I also plan to add some weights this month.. and start walking too. I need new sneakers.. as the ones I took on the cruise were AWFUL! I still have raw blisters on my heels!

I will continue to stay on Flex too. I did the CORE once, but I really will overeat, and the only way I find I can lose weight is when I count the points. I added the AP points a few weeks back - and that made all the difference! I finally started to lose, so I will eat ALL my AP's & Flex points. I should have remembered that I did eat them the first time I was on WW's 9 years ago.

I really have a lot of catching up to do (here and at home), and I still need unpack!! My house is a mess, as I had my son and his wife here while we we gone.. watching my grandson. I am grateful we have them.. but wish I could just leave and come back to my house the way I left it! No empty nest for us anytime soon!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Denise- :welcome: back but SHAME ON YOU for weighing in so quickly! *shaking finger icon inserted here* Honestly, you did NOT gain anything if your scale is up 2lbs within a day of returning from any kind of trip. Take a vitamin B, drink a lot of water, get the joints moving around to release any water retention and I'm sure you'll find at next week's WI that you weigh LESS than you did before the cruise!

Kimberley

shamefully - hiding my face for weighing. Oh gosh - I didn't know about the vit. B - which I happen to have in the cupboard and will take immediately after posting! It sure would be awesome to stay in the 140's club!! I really did make some good efforts - hope it pays off!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest healthydays

Denise -- I agree with Kimberley------{shaking finger}-----well, OK I admit I would have done it too-------{hides face in shame} :bcb_smile Seriously though, I really do agree with Kimberley and I also will bet this 2 lbs is fake and will disappear VERY quickly.

Very quiet here today. No reason to get up early this morning so of course I was up at 5:55 am and couldn't get back to sleep......you can bet when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning I'll have to drag myself out of bed.

Nothing else playing at the movies at a time that's good and that we want to see so DH, DS & I decided to stay in and have a Rambo marathon. We recently bought the whole series of 4 movies in a set so this made the perfect outlet for 3 lazy people on a really lousy rainy day. We made it through 3 of the movies.

Stayed OP today (my Orville Reddenbacher mini popcorn bags came in handy and gave the house a great smell when cooking in the microwave) No exercise today but that was planned so OK.

Tomorrow it's back to work with an 8 am meeting.

Denise~Welcome back from your cruise. I see you had to step on the scale too.:bcb_grin Why do we do that to ourselves? I totally understand the need to know where we are at.:bcb_smile

The b-day party was nice, and I ate as planned, a Smart Ones Pizza, for cake, I had the Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes, and my ice cream was a WW FF fudge bar.

It was about 5 pm and I had less then 3000 steps on my pedometer. Not good. It was time to get on the treadmill. I ran 3.5 miles and walked .5 miles. I was NOT going to get off until I hit my 10,000 steps. My husband says I am stubborn, I call it determined:bcb_grin

I had the 1 point chili for supper, yum! Then of course, I had to have my popcorn.

I hope you all had an OP day.

Trudie