Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Chattie

Plain ol white ABM recipe needed

Hi buddies, wave.gif

I am going crazy here trying to make bread in my sorta new bread machine. The problem here is that all the recipes in the booklet are measured in grams. I made a loaf last night that called for 460 g of flour so I weighed in on my new WW "state of the art" scale and it was horrible. I just can't get the hang of these metric measurement! It smelled wonderful, woke me up at 2 am, but this morning when I looked at it it resembled a brain and was so hard I could have used it as a hammer :eek: :eek:

So, I really want to make some bread since we're having the inlaws over for dinner on Sunday but I don't have any recipes without the "bloody" gram measurements.

HELP please sobbing.gif

Thanks buds

Guest autumnbskt

I cut and pasted this recipe after doing a search:

This is from Legal Eagle: It is really good.

1.5 pound loaf // 15 slices //2=points/ea.

1-1/8 cup water

1-1/2 tsp. salt

1/2-T. reduced fat margarine (1-point/T.

(I use promise lt.)

3-cups bread flour

2-tsp. yeast

basic/light (in my Zojirushi I use basic/med.)

You can also do a search. Scroll up to where it says "post a reply" and just underneath in blue letters you will see a link for search.(near FAQ) Type in white bread and search uner the Breads & grains forum and it should pull up several. (Make sure you select "all dates"

good luck wave.gif

Lana

Make sure you're using BREAD Flour. I had baked homemade bread for years and used all-purpose flour and had fine results. It won't work in an ABM! Maybe it's as simple at that. Do a quick internet search for bread recipes. You'll come up with tons!! Here's one to get you started smile.gif Bread Recipes

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Thanks so much for the ideas and links and recipes. I'm gonna have a blast making bread this week. I do find it difficult to figure out the pts per slice tho.

wave.gif wave.gif

Sandi, If you need help in pointing your recipes, I will be happy to run them through my M/C for you.

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Chattie, if you can get the points per recipe, try this. Calculate the points for the entire recipe. When the bread is finshed, weigh it. At that point figure out points per ounce. Slice bread, weigh your slices, multiply by points per ounce and waaa laaa! Exact points per slice. This is why I love my little digital scale so! Good luck buddy! ;)

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

We finally got this pc back from the shop. This time it needed a new power pack. What next??

Thanks for all the replies. I will have to start weighing this bread, so far I have had only 2 slices to east since I give it away to friends. It's so much fun to see the smiles on their faces, thinking I made this with my lil own hands. Ha,,,

Muchos gracios buddies. bcbsalute.gif

Hi Sandi, I know what you mean by those smiles...hee..hee.. Of course, if anyone asks how I make such magnificant bread, and where do I ever find the time, I tell them, but only if they ask.

Try taking the paddles out of the dough when the kneading cycle ends, shape the dough by hand, and put it back into the machine for baking. The paddles aren't needed, once the knead cycle ends. The bread comes out great, and no paddle holes underneath!

Let me know if you "knead" more recipes!

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna - THANKS for the hint on removing the paddles. I always hated the big indentations they made once the bread was finished. Never thought of removing the paddles (DUH crazy.gif ) Sometimes the simplest things fix up a problem pronto. :D

PAT

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Yes, thanks Dawna, for the tip about removing the paddle (I only have one). I never thought of removing it before the bread bakes!!

Faith is giving God what you can't handle.<br />-------------------<br />Success is found just outside your comfort zone!! <br />--------------------<br />The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin.<br />------------------- <br />WW-for-Life (C J) OP 24/7

Your Welcome! Here's another one for you....this will ensure that the bread always comes easily out of the pan when done. When the baking cycle ends, simply remove the baking pan from the machine, and set it down to cool for 15 mins., without taking the bread out of the pan. Set the timer for the 15 mins. so you don't forget (anything longer may make the bread feel wet). At the end of the 15 mins., tip the pan to the side, give the paddle turning mechanism under the pan a few quick turns, and voila!..the bread will slide right out of the pan.

Dawna