Health Discovery Network
Guest jill-leigh

Delta Force Daily~ 3/3

Guest jill-leigh

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Guest jill-leigh

My hard drive on my laptop crashed over night on Saturday/Sunday, and I was off at my AM job on monday so I didn't have a computer to check in for the past two days. Luckily, my brother was able to fix it for me. So here I am! It's 2:30 am... I woke up, wanted a snack, so I have some WW toast with reduced fat PB and sugar-free blackberry jam (which is an amazing snack, by the way. AWESOME with the thomas light eng. muffin, too).

I realized the other day that I started February at 142.6lbs, and ended it at 141, lol. Not so good.. Thankfully at WI yesterday morning, I was down .8lbs!! Finally!! :bcb_grin Plus, my bowel movements seem to be becoming more and more regular each day, and I couldn't be more excited about pooping!!! HAHA

Trudie- The smoothie I had was a natural banana flavored one.. The brand was like Pro-spirit or... Er... Somehing like that, lol Got it from the all natural, fresh produce store.

Cindy- In March, I plan on introducing WAPs/APs into my daily food plans, an plan to use most or all of them eah week. I think that might hel me through this plateau I feel like I'm coming up on. I also want to slightly increase my exercise.. so my challenge this month is 1000 minutes, and last month was 900; I ended February with 945. You RAN for 40 min? Holy crap!! Great job!!

Kimberley- 30 degrees below?! You're kidding me! That's fierce! And I thought it was freezing here at 17!!! All of the summer clothes are coming out in stores.. It's giving me a serious case of spring fever.. I can't wait for skimpier clothes (and take that with a grain of salt, lol I just mean less clothing).

HD- Oh no!!! How are you feeling today!? Better I hope! *big hugs*

Trudie- I know what you mean about not getting workouts in once you go home.. I haven't been able to force myself to drag my butt to the gym for the past few days, but I still have been doing my biggest loser DVDs at home.. sometimes I prefer them. Great job on your workouts!! And you're so right about how amazing DF is.. I freakin love all of you (as annoyed as you all may be with my younger attitude sometimes?!?!?! I hope not too bad! :bcb_grin)

Jill Leigh... I think you're the little sister in this group. I think I'm the oldest (56). Trudie is right. We are a strong, supportive, successful group. To me... I feel like you're all my sisters and we're a big extended family.

I feel like a whiner.... most of you are up north with temps in the teens or below, and I hate getting out of bed if the temp dips below 50. It's 40 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 32. That's freaking freezing. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the clinic I work in at the jail and it's like walking through a wind tunnel. I sure hope this is the last cold spell of the season. It was 80 on Saturday and 40 on Sunday.... that's crazy.

Well... now that I've done my complaining for the day, I'm off to a hot shower. I'm planning an OP day. Strength training and cardio at the gym this evening. I hope everyone has an awesome day.

I've got you beat, Amy Lynn! 57 y/o! But, I don't feel (or act:bcb_blush like it!) I've been so busy lately, I haven't had time to check in regularly here. That makes me sadbcb_sad But, I'm here now (that's cuz I woke up a bit too early this morning.

I mentioned it on the runner's thread, but I did 3.5 miles Sunday:bcb_grin VERY proud of myself!

Honestly, my exercise is the only thing keeping me on track. I know it's all a mental thing....it's all in my head. Like a mental block. The closer I get to goal, the less I want to do this. (not the exercise, but the eating part). Doesn't make much sense, just the way I feel. Last week was so good, journalled every day, ate right and so on. This week, hardly journalled at all, ate too much and so on. We went out to eat Fri and Sat nights. I did ok at the restaurants, but my days not so good. So, I've got to get my head back on straight and just do this. I had hoped to be at goal by March 1, and that didn't happen. I'm 11 lb away from goal (at WW). Why don't I want to get there? Cuz if I WANTED to get there, I believe I would.

OK, enough of that crap. I've got to get dressed for work now. Gym tonight, then dh will have dinner ready and waiting for me. I'm getting really spoiled with my personal chef!:bcb_grin

You're all doing great. I'm so proud of this group!

L:bcb_salut

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Busy group here this AM!

AmyLynn, I hear ya! I know I am a whiner too, but doesn't this year seem much colder? I just told DH I am so ready for warm weather again. Last night I was so cold I slept with socks on. I don't know how I became such a baby as I was born and raised in upstate NY, the Adirondacks! I DO know what 30 below feels like!! Oh my gosh.. I could never return to it!

Laurie, it is all in the mind, that's for sure. How to get back in the zone is the hardest part. Thank goodness you are exercising, as it gives you the time to get back in the zone. I wish I knew a magic way to tell you how to get back there.. but I haven't found that. I do know though - is that you MUST keep looking for it every single day. Start posting here at least once a day - make that the start. We are cheering for you as you approach the finish line, YOU CAN DO IT!

Jill, ugghhhh I hate computer issues! 141 sound awesome to me! Some months show hardly nothing (I know that for a fact!). You must be so close to goal, and that is the hardest part. Hang in there and shake some things up!

HD, hope you're feeling better today!

Hi Trudie, Cindy and others!

I finally did unpack Sunday, and had to run around all day yesterday. I came home with a terrible headache (caffeine). I am trying to wean myself off coffee prior to my surgery so I don't get a caffeine headache. Today I need to go to the doctors about this nagging cough I have had for a few weeks... need that gone!

I am actually finding it not difficult to stay within my points. I was afraid I would have sugar cravings, but I have found it easy so far. I think I was actually sick of eating!! However, those 2 lbs I gained on the ship have decided to be my buddy, and are still following me. :bcb_huh: I'll have to fight them away :bcbkickbu fight them away

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest jill-leigh

I woke up feeling like I had a hang over this morning.. for no reason. There's nothing worse than waking up with a blinding headache. Luckily, I took 3 Aspirin and it seems to be gone, although my back/shoulders and hips are killing me today. Not sure why. I feel like I'm finally back to having regular bowel movements... Well, I shouldn't say that. I'm going a lot more throughout the day, but only a little bit at a time, which is fine by me.. As long as it's passing through :bcb_grin

Oh! And I saw a rainbow on my way to work this morning!! So that really brightened up my day.

AmyLynn- Awww okay, I'm alright with being the little sister, since I'm a lot younger than all of you (with lots less wisdom :bcb_wink3). And that 40 degree weather to you is probably like the 10 degree weather to us.. it's okay, that's just what you're acclimated for! You're allowed to whine!! lol

Laurie- You are a VERY good looking and active 57 y/o. I hope I can be a fraction of what you are when I'm that age. And super congrats on that 3.5 miles... I have just barely conquered 3 miles. You're awesome. :bcb_up

Denise- Those 2lbs will be gone in no time.. You're doing great with being OP. And I know how you feel.. sometimes I feel like I have to shovel food into my mouth to make my points. Especially since I'm eating WAPs/APs now.. I feel like I'm constantly eating.. and I am, since I'm always eating pretty low points.

HD- Check in! I hope you're feeling better!! I'm worried about ya! *hugs*

Good Morning! :salut

The kids had a 90-minute delay this morning, but they're finally off. DH has an offsite meeting for most of the day, sooooo - I've got the house to myself!:bcb_happy This doesn't happen often around here; now I have to figure out how to make good use of my time.

Exercise is done, ran a 5k on the treadmill. Yahooooo! One of my goals for March is to improve my time with it now that I can run the whole thing. For April I will work on increasing distance. Dinner tonight is one of our favorites - balsamic chicken and baked potatoes with roasted brussel sprouts (they are GOOD!).

Jillian - I don't think you have a lot less wisdom, actually you seem "way" wise beyond your years. :bcb_smile I know I have learned plenty from you! Love hearing about what you're eating and getting some great ideas.

Amy - That is cold for Florida! Hope it warms up soon (here too!).

Laurie - Maybe you're hungrier from the extra exercise and just need to eat some APs? I don't know, just a thought. Awesome job with running 3.5 miles! I'm can finally do 3.11 and not feel like it's going to kill me LOL.

Denise - Even if the 2lb. is an actual gain from vacation, (as opposed to fluid retention) that's not bad at all for a cruise! You'll have it gone in no time!:bcbkickbu Hope the doctor can help with your cough.

Have a great day!!

Good Afternoon! :wave:

Busy day in the works here. I went to the gym to take a spin class & yoga this morning. I've run a few errands and have some things to do around here this afternoon. I'm also hoping to watch last night's 24 before the kids get home! We're going to finish up Alice in Wonderland (audiobook) and then bundle up and walk down to the library after dinner. We're next listening to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and then Huckleberry Finn. After that, I've got James and the Giant Peach and then the Series of Unfortunate Events books lined up. We'll be busy listening over March Break in two weeks!! :crazy:

On the DH front, we got some bad news today. He has to go back in at the end of the month for more surgery. Apparently the surgeon either couldn't finish everything or didn't have the time booked in the OR to finish anything. They predict he might need one more surgery past this one (at the end of April) and hopefully he'll be good to go past that. Rest assured that I learned my lesson from the first surgery and I will make sure that I eat properly and get lots of rest (if possible) for the next surgeries!! I don't know what we're going to do about DH's sick/vacation time as he's maxed out his sick leave already and went back to work (on the couch) yesterday. He doesn't get a lot of vacation time either so we may find that he uses that all up recovering from the next surgeries and he'll have to take unpaid leave if we go on a vacation this summer. Oh well, we'll deal with it later!!

Have a great OP day everybuddy!! :salut

Cindy- I actually find Bootcamp Max Cal Burn to be one of the toughest FIRM workouts! All those plyos just get to me every time. I'm *all* finish and no start so I find those short-twitch muscle/short interval kicks really hard!

HD- I hope you're feeling better!

Trudie- I think we were close. -30C is -22F! And AMEN to thanking Cindy for creating this thread. You guys are :bcbkickbu

Jill- Sorry about the computer crash. Congrats on the loss-- you're getting SO close to the 130s!!

Laurie- GREAT job with the running! You should be warned that the appetite kicks into major overdrive once you start getting up there with time/distance. It becomes *VERY* hard to stay OP when the body is screaming for more food to fuel the runs. I also find that when I'm running the most, I lose the least amount of weight. It's a balancing act sometimes!

Denise & AmyLynn- We'll all just live vicariously through you around here and then join you complaining about the humidity come summer! LOL

Kimberley

Jill Leigh... I think you're the little sister in this group. I think I'm the oldest (56). Trudie is right. We are a strong, supportive, successful group. To me... I feel like you're all my sisters and we're a big extended family.

I feel like a whiner.... most of you are up north with temps in the teens or below, and I hate getting out of bed if the temp dips below 50. It's 40 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 32. That's freaking freezing. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the clinic I work in at the jail and it's like walking through a wind tunnel. .

Is that the clinic where Casey A. had her meltdown? I watched most of the court hearing yesterday, but didn't see as much as I'd like due to a stomach virus :bcb_yuck: I'm feeling better today though.

I have you and Laurie beat. I'll be 62 on Saturday. I'm mad at myself because I wanted to be in better shape by my birthday, but I won't stop now. Funny, even though I go to meetings with a leader I absolutely love and get a lot of inspiration from, I think it is helping me that now my daughter is determined to shape up this Spring.

Ever since she landed her teaching job almost 3 years ago she has put on too much weight from eating out too much. She is only about 5', 5' 1" , and I'm only 5' 1 1/2", and the extra pounds really show. I'm glad she has decided to use that gym membership of hers, and try to make more wise choices. I can use all the inspiration I can get.

Count me among all you weather whiners. We have had enough snow and cold and wind. We're supposed to get up to the 40's by the end of the week but today started out in the single digits. Enough already.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Hi Buddies,

It's been an OP day. I have over 16K steps on my pedometer, I won't be running tonight, I am tired. I am enjoying sitting back and reading posts. BL is on soon, so it's almost time for popcorn.:bcb_smile

Have a great OP evening buddies.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I had an OP day, but I'm exhausted and going to bed. Just wanted to say I was sorry to hear that your DH will need a couple more surgeries, Kimberley. Hopefully the next surgery will finish the job so all his sick and vacation time won't be used up by this.

Ok, I'm going to walk around the house a couple of times to get my daily steps up to 10k, I'm cutting it really close today!