Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Ready2Lose_lbs

Flatout Flatbread, Hormel, etc

I don't know if these products have been listed before, but unfortunately I don't have the time to look through the 50+ pgs here.

Here's a list of products I like that are low in pts.

Flatout Flatbread- multi-grain and flax bread (kind of like a tortilla) 1pt

A buddy of mine told me about this.

Hormel Natural Choice Ham: It's $2.98 at the Wal-Mart where I shop and you don't get much in it, but it's 1 pt for 4 slices. They also have turkey, i think they have chicken, and they have pepperoni.

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray: 0 pts. It took me a while to get used to the taste but I love using it instead of wasting 2 pts on a tablespoon of margarine.

Wishbone Salad Spritzers: 0 pts. I use an Italian kind and I know they have some others. It has a great flavor and I can use my 5 points that I would normally use for ranch dressing on something else.

Light Pringles (Fat-Free)- 1 pt for 14 chips. These are really good!

That's all I can think of for right now.

I hope everyone has a blessed day OP!

HW:235

SW: 197.5

CW: 193.0

GW: 140

~*Amy*~

weight.png

I've tried all of those and they're good. I still use light margarine for some things -- the best is ICBNB Light with Olive Oil, which is 1 point per serving, and you don't always have to use a whole serving. Be careful with the butter spray -- it's not free. 40 sprays equals one point, so you have to count one after 20 sprays.

The Flat-Out wraps are ok. Some are better than others. Only the "light" ones are 1 point; the others are 2 or 3.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Thanks for letting me know that Blackbeard. I didn't realize that about the ICBINB spray. I don't think I've ever used 40 sprays in a day. I'll have to look for the ICBINB with Olive Oil.

Have a good one!

~*Amy*~

weight.png

Thanks for the imput. I've tried the Flatout wraps and didn't care for them when using in the sandwich arena. The texture was off to me. However, if you cut them up into triangles and toast them in the oven with some salt and pepper, maybe some garlic, they make GREAT chips. I like to crumble them onto a salad or for a dip.

I haven't had the Hormel deli meats yet, but I love the Hillshire Farms Selects - they are $2.50 at Walmart for a container, or $1.89 for a box. They are 1 pt for 6 pieces of ham, turkey, chicken or roast beef. Really good!

Blackbeard- haen't seen that ICBINB yet but I am going to keep an eye out for it.

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *
Lifetime Member - 8/13/08 - GETTING BACK THERE

"Adding calories to a bad day will not make it any better!!"

Another great product is Smart Squeeze ...0 fat and 5 calories per tablespoon ...nice, creamy, buttery flavor. I use it in baking (substitute for fats) and on veggies.

Another great product is Smart Squeeze ...0 fat and 5 calories per tablespoon ...nice, creamy, buttery flavor. I use it in baking (substitute for fats) and on veggies.

I'll have to look for the Smart Squeeze. Does it taste better than I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?

~*Amy*~

weight.png

I bought the FlatOut Flatbread (the 1 pt Honey Whole wheat one) and this morning I made a breakfast roll up to take to work with me. Fried one whole egg with 2 egg whites spread the flatbread with some lt miracle whip and threw the egg on it, sprinkled 1/2 oz of cheese over it and some cajun seasoning, rolled it up and by the time I got to work it was just right. Yummy 5 pt breakfast and very filling.

Starting weight. 301.4

Current weight. 295.4

1st mini goal. 285

2nd mini goal. 275

3rd mini goal. 265. :bcb_march

I haven't seen the honey wheat kind; only the italian and multigrain/flax. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the honey wheat.

~*Amy*~

weight.png

Do you toast the flatbread on low heat or high heat?

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180