Health Discovery Network
Laurdee

Delta Force Daily ~ Weekend!

Morning all! Hope everyone has some wonderful plans for today!

My day, well, busy as usual, but here goes:

7:15 am, "Abs Clinic" at the gym (that's 45 min) then 1 hr cardio, home, shower, off to dad's to get his meds ready for the week, then do his grocery shopping. Then much needed shopping for here. Little things, cause dh will do the actual grocery shopping, which I hate doing. Running around like a crazy person, that'll be me. Plus, yesterday was my dad's 89 b'day! Still have to buy him something, then we're taking him out to dinner (I've got it all planned!)

Elder dd has to work, so she's dropping off Rebecca here any minute (dh is the official babysitter today), and I probably should go get dressed!

So, have a wonderful day everyone! I did "perfect" yesterday, and plan on another POP day.

L

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Good Morning Buddies,

My plan is for an OP day, which will include some exercise. I am hoping for a run, I need to get my steps in.

DH needs to help DS with some electrical work, so we re going to head over there this morning, and I will get some DGD time, yes!:bcb_smile

Laurie~You have a busy day planned. Enjoyed dinner with your Dad.

Hello to all that follow, let's make it an OP w/e.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guest jill-leigh

Morning DF buddies!

Today should be a pretty lax today. I woke up bright and early at 7:30. We've been having a great thunderstorm all morning, which is so relaxing to me. The louder, the better :bcb_smile I'm headed off to the gym after I finish my cup of coffee. I'm thinking I'm gonna go some 15-20 min circuits on a few machines and hopefully get my butt outta this exercise rut. I've been very bad about going lately.

I have to do and elderly womans hair today. Just a quick color and cut.. but she's old, with alheimerz and dimentia (are either of those spelled right??). My friend takes care of her in her home. She's very mean and violent, given that she thinks Tasha is there to hurt her, instead of take care of her. So, I'm curious to see how she acts with me doing her hair, and I may even start helping take care of her.. It's completely my choice.

My family is meeting at a bar tonight for my uncle's birthday. There will be plenty of junk food that I will have to steer clear of, but that should be easy enough at the bar. I will just have a few drinks, spend 3-4 points.. nothing big.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Laurie- Phew.. Just ready your plans makes me tired!!

Guest jill-leigh

Trudie- I missed ya! We cross posted! Just wanted to say good morning, and have a great day!

Morning Buddies!

Up early again (before 4:00 AM), but was able to go back sleep for almost an hour. Up ate breakfast and did my workout!

Today I have a little more spring cleaning to do, and hopefully will be able to go lay out in the sun for an hour. FINALLY have some beautiful weather! Should be near 80 and sunny. :bcb_bigsm

I'll check in later!!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

After cleaning up a bit this morning for the family to come over later, I'm probably going to watch my granddaughter, Emma, while her Daddy works in the basement with Grandpa. Jim's a Jedi Padawan (that's his Star Wars childhood coming out) in woodworking. DH is guiding DS as he makes a bedside table for his wife's upcoming 30'th birthday. She has said she would like one to match the one DH made for DS's 30th birthday.

If I ever learn how to do it, I'd love to post pictures of some of the furniture DH has made. He's become really good at it.

Laurie, you aren't going to Lebro's for your Dad's birthday, are you? That's where I had planned on going with the family for my birthday dinner. But, since I still don't have my appetite back to normal after this week's bug I had, I'm thinking maybe we'll just do Swiss Chalet takeout. I think I'll call to see what the fish special is, and make my decision then.

I admire all you getting out to the gym so early on Saturdays! I will say, I've kept up with my walking very well this winter. I missed most of this week due to illness, but I anticipate getting back to it. Still, I admit I take weekends off. As someone who only gets 20 points per day, I need to earn more APs. In reality, my target is 19, I think, but I refuse to dip from 20. When I started the range was 18-25 (no weekly 35) and I tend to stick to that. It's the same thing as spreading out the 35 equally over the week.

Anyway, I'd better hustle now. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Lots of birthday celebrations....everyone have fun. It's been a long, hard winter.

Charlene

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Good Almost Afternoon! :wave:

The piano recital went well last night. I was so proud of Lucas! He's only been back taking lessons for two months and he's doing a great job! My parents came to watch so we stopped off at their house to help my dad configure some stuff with his new laptop while I played Tetris with my mom. She had cataract surgery on one of her eyes yesterday so I had an unfair advantage! LOL :bcb_grin

This morning I took the kids to swim team and ran outside for the first time since the fall! I was out for 70 minutes and got in over 7 miles! Lucas is at floor hockey (it's the last week) and Claire's at art class. I'll begin the rounds to pick them up shortly.

We're going to my parents' this afternoon/evening for Harry Potter Saturday since Nathan has a birthday party to attend all afternoon tomorrow. I'm making a spaghetti squash pie and oatmeal creme brulee with canned pineapple (going to use the juice to replace all sugar) and we'll watch the 5th movie. I'm not sure what we'll do next week as I don't particularly want to start watching them all again!! LOL

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Laurie- Have fun at the bday dinner tonight!

Trudie- Have fun with DGD!

Jill- Stay strong tonight!

Denise- And here I was happy that it was above 30!! :bcb_grin

Charlene- I'd love to see the pictures of the woodwork!

Kimberley

Charlene, no Libros tonight! Though I do need to go and get some salad dressing. I'm willing to count the points to have their dressing!:bcb_blush Anyhow, we're going to Spilios on Transit. Love it there. I'll get their chicken souvlaki salad...excellent. But, tonight, I'll ask for a "to go" container right when the food gets there!:bcb_up

I didn't do everything I wanted to today. Just too much running for one person. So, I told dad I'd do his shopping tomorrow. Went and bought a new bra...I hate trying on bras. But did find one. I'll see how I like it, and then go get a few more. If I don't like it, I'll keep looking!

OK, trying to eat some lunch..have to go figure my points (I also only get 20, and usually have eaten those by dinner! Thank goodness for activity points!

Author unknown

Hello everyone

Been busy with pet rescue stuff since first thing this morning. In addition we had a middle aged bassett hound get adopted today by a really cool elderly couple. I could tell it was a perfect match the minute they all met each other. That's the kind of stuff that makes it all worthwhile!

I'm still sluggish from the GI anesthesia yesterday, but I'm hoping to make a run tonight. It's nearly 80 degrees right now, so it will be a bit different, warmer than I'm used to when running. My upper calves have really been giving me some trouble, so I had to let them rest for nearly a week before they got better. Even walking my route would make them act up. I don't know if it's a stretching thing or what, but I'm trying to build up slowly again.

Kimberley, I see you're moderating! Congrats!

I'm headed out to get in some yard work while the sun is shining. Later, ya'll!

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HW 175/SW 169/CW 169/LW 151/GW 140

Ht: 5'9"

Good Evening!

I am having an OP day. :bcbkickbu This morning I did the FIRM 500 Calorie for exercise. I've just been really busy today being Dr. Mom. DS has the FLU and DD has strep throat!:bcb_huh: As for me, I'm still feeling a little bit tired and headachey, hopefully just a little bit of caffeine withdrawal and nothing more. I had a flu shot in the fall, so I think I'll be fine. DH ran in to get a flu shot today, and also has to take something this week to help build his resistance to the flu. Keep your fingers crossed!

Ok, one of my patients is summoning me back to the couch.

Back for accountability. I didn't run, but DH and I walked my running route, 4.25 miles. We did a lot of talking, so that was nice. Now, I have my 10k steps in for the day.

Trudie

Guest healthydays

Hi Buddies,

OP day here. Also did a lot of running around for errands today. DS leaves first thing Monday morning for a school camping trip so we had to go out with him and pick up some last minute camping items. DH & I will have a quiet house all next week as DS doesn't come home until late Friday. I'm sure he will be tired and extremely dirty.

Cindy -- Good luck with being Dr. Mom. I know this requires extra strength and a lot of patience.:bcb_smile

Laurie -- How is your DH doing and feeling? Is he trying to get in more exercise?

Trudie -- I also enjoy it when DH and I have time to walk and talk. That's one of the big pluses when we do the mountain hikes.

Jill -- Hope it goes well for you with the haircut today. Please stay safe.

Denise -- Wish we were having nice weather here. It has been extremely dark and damp today and extraordinarily cold though we only got a little bit of actual rain. The forecast for next week is not a whole lot different though no rain expected until late next Friday.

Charlene -- I would love to see pics of the furniture!

Kimberley -- We finished the 4th Rambo movie today so that series is done. Now we need to pick another series to watch. Maybe I'll try to do the Harry Potter one too......I love escapism.....especially feel good escapism.:bcb_smile

Leigh -- WTG with the animal rescue. I do a little with the SPCA and stray cats. It's funny with animals isn't it.....you think I'm going to be a good person and help this animal and you wind up feeling that you personally got the most benefit out of it. They just have so much love in them. Just think today you witnessed the beginning of a love affair for 1 dog and 2 people. What a burst of sunshine!!

Had a really nice dinner out with dad (and dh!). When I took my dad to a new doctor this past Monday, she did a double take when she saw his age! You'd NEVER believe he's 89!! He could easily pass for 70ish! Hopefully, I've got enough of his genes!:bcb_grin Anyhow, we had a nice time. Went to a Greek restaurant, where I knew I could get the open chicken souvlaki. Which I did. AND I did ask for the container prior to eating it! Didn't take home any of the lettuce, but did take 1/2 the chicken..which I'll put into a salad for tomorrow. I didn't use any oil, but did eat 1/2 the pita. I made a really good choice, as it was delish, and plenty of food!:bcb_up

HD, you asked about dh? He's doing great! Thank you! He goes to cardiac rehab 3x a week, and works out for over an hour. He's using the machines now, with some weight added...does TM, ellip, bike and so on. So, once he's done with that, he'll join MY gym, and we'll see how that goes. Also, he's got a doc appt on the 20th to get cleared to return to work. He'll work for a few months, then probably retire. THEN he'll have to look for a part time job! Cause, he ain't sittin around THIS house all day!!:bcb_cool2

OK, back to hockey!!

L

Author unknown

Back again....I finally took my Polar F6 out of the box and got it somewhat set up. Of course, I wanted to see if it worked. It was after 9pm, and there I was, running on the treadmill. I ran 2.25 miles, then walked .25 miles. Well the heart rate monitoring seems to work well. I THOUGHT I was recording my exercise, but it was just monitoring my heart rate. So, it was back to the instruction booklet.:bcb_huh: I am not going to run again tonight to do that, I will have to try it again tomorrow, but it looks like a cool little gadget. My resting HR was 50-52. It took a while to get my HR into the 120's, and finally, at about 18 minutes, I got it in the 130's, and near the end, I was in the low 140's. I was thinking that wasn't so good, but as I read more, I see I should be about 120-136.

Trudie

Morning all! Just had my breakfast, and am off to the gym for Pilates, then hopefully a RUN!:bcb_salut

Author unknown

Good Morning! :wave:

I woke up with the beginnings of a sinus infection (likely seasonal allergies from the run yesterday). Hopefully it will be short-lived. We're going for a walk to the grocery store in a bit to pick up some staples. It's going to rain again around lunch-time (and continue for the next few days) so it will be an indoor afternoon. The kids & I will listen to the second Series of Unfortunate Events. Later on, Nathan is going to a friend's birthday party. It's next to the other franchise of my gym so I guess I could pop in for a quick run (5K) if I'm bored! LOL Not too much else on the agenda!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Kimberley

Good morning all!

Laurie, DH sounds like he is doing awesome!! You must feel proud at the good choices you made at dinner last night!! thumbs up to you! :bcb_up :bcb_up My darling DH has a lot of flexibility in his work (own's business) and started hanging around the house WAY too much!! I had to let him know he had to find something to do at the office to keep busy - that I needed my alone time!! LOL :bcb_bigsm

Charlene, I too would love to see pictures of the furniture!

so, we lost an hour today.. I HATE the time change!!

I haven't much plans for today, but need to go do my exercise!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good Morning Buddies,

I text the kids last night and told them to set their clocks ahead, however, I failed to do so myself.:bcb_worry So we missed 1st service at church, we will go to Sunday School though. There's no 2nd service today as it's our monthly potluck.

My plan is for an OP day. We are supposed to get snow, starting around noonish today, so I am planning for an indoor run.

It's the start of week 2 for me in my March Challenges. I got at least 10K steps in everyday, ran at least 3 days (did 4 days last week), I journaled in paper 6 out of 7 days, and increased my water intake. Now it's on to week 2.:bcb_march

Laurie~I hope you get your run in. You are doing great with you exercise!

Kimberley~I hope that sinus stuff it short lived too! Take care of yourself.

Have a great day everybuddy!

Trudie

I got my run in, alright! 4 miles:bcb_LOL: Can't quite believe it myself!! 4 miles! Me? Running! I'm a runner!! Who woulda thunk it!!:bcb_blush But I did it, and I'm darn proud of myself! I'm a drippy mess right now, so just wanted to check in and now off to the shower!! 4 miles:bcb_salut

Author unknown

Happy Sunday!

Last night, I had a major conversation with myself. It went something like this: "Self, you are sick and tired of these minor losses and minor gains. You are tired of feeling overweight. Today is the day you will go POP and stay POP!"

I feel very good about returning full force to WW and staying OP. This week, I will be on the Simply Filling/Core plan.

I went to mass last night, so today is all about getting income taxes finished and working in the yard. Well, at least, one of those is enjoyable for me.

Laurie, great news about your DH. On Tuesday, we celebrated my husband's one-year anniversary of post-bypass! A 4-mile run? WOW!

Jillian, I hope the hair appt. with your new lady went well. Alzheimer's disease does alter personality. Sometimes, the patients respond well to songs from their younger days. You may want to try to sing or play some for her to calm her down.

Charlene, I'd love to see photos of your DH's creations. I haven't met you yet, but am happy to see your posts.

Kimberley, congratulations to Lucas on his recital! Your children sound delightful! Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me recently in your posts. I hope you get over the sinus crud very quickly!

HD, I hope you enjoy your alone time with your DH while your DS is camping.

Trudie, sorry that you missed your church service. Hope the potluck is fun!

Denise, congrats on the spring cleaning. I'm going to start that this week.

Leigh, thank you so much for your rescue work on behalf of the animals. I completely understand the joy of a good adoption like the bassett's! Another life saved!!! You are wonderful! I hope you are feeling 100% now after your procedure & that your results will be good.

Cindy, I'm sure you are earning several APs with your in-home nursing! I hope everyone gets/stays well quickly!

I'll report later on my POP day!

Happy OP day, Everyone!

Deedee

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Hey everyone

Managed to get to church this morning, but not SS. I felt a little better when I read your post, Trudie...I forgot to set my clock too!

Got my walk/run in last night, and my legs are doing good today. I've just got to build up slower than I wanted to, but it's better to do it right the first time than pay with injuries later.

OP so far today. Plan to go for a walk tonight...same route as the run.

DeeDee, I loved your post. I've had a recent round with myself too. You hit me right between the eyes. Owen the lab sends you a major face lick! LOL

Cindy, hope your kids are doing better. Tons of people down here are going through the flu too.

Hello to everyone else.

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest healthydays

Well, I have certainly had better days:bcb_yuck: DH & I got up early this morning and went to the first service at church. We normally go to the late morning service. So we thought we'd go out to breakfast after. So far so good. Breakfast was great and I chose very well. This place also makes those giant belgian waffles so we decided to order for DS and bring it home to surprise him.

Well.....come into the house and DH takes the takeaway bag and runs up the stairs to DS's room. I stop in the kitchen and get a plate and a bottle of maple syrup for DS. I wasn't running but somehow when going up the (wood -- not carpet) stairs, I managed to catch my toe on my pants bottoms and fell forward. Because my hands were full with purse, plate etc, I didn't catch well and fell really hard on my right thigh and somehow jammed my right index finger into the stairs. I hit so hard that I was absolutely certain I broke both my leg and my finger.

DH & DS came running right away but the pain was so bad I couldn't even move for a bit. When I finally stood up I was really surprised that I was even able to stand.

Bottom line and good news -- nothing broken. Thigh has big red line where stair edge hit surrounded by large swollen muscle area and finger is purple and swollen but as I have some movement I am sure it's just jammed and not broken.

As if that's not bad enough, I am still feeling extremely uncomfortable in my stomach. I was perfectly OK until I got sick for two days this past week but since then my upper stomach is painful and feels like it has gas that is pushing up into the area by my breastbone. If I push on my stomach the sensation is that there is a balloon in there that is pushing against everything. I am not sure if I should go to the MD. When I first went back to work I figured everything would sort itself out over a day or two but this is now the 4th day so I'm not so sure. When I was sick I was throwing up really hard so I am wondering if this is just a reaction to that and I should wait it out. Anyone else ever experience this?

Thanks

HD- Sorry about your finger and your leg. That sounds painful!! I don't really have much advice about your stomach. If your co-pay isn't too bad on your insurance, I'd say it's worth a trip to make sure everything is okay!

Laurie- GREAT job with the run!! I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing so well!!

Leigh- Have fun on the walk!

DeeDee- Good for you to give yourself that talking to! Sometimes we just *need* to take ourselves to task! Switching to Simply Filling for the week sounds like a great plan! I'm a HUGE supporter of Core/Simply Filling! I'm back on Flex for the time being but I'm eating pretty much the same foods as I do when I'm on Core/SF. I just reached a point where I was baking lots of Core goodies and eating those too often instead of reaching for fruits & veggies first and foremost. I was doing a good job maintaining my weight but a bad job at losing any weight so I need the boundaries of Flex to help me lose these last pounds!

Trudie- I'm intrigued about the 10K step challenge but I don't own a pedometer and am way too lazy to keep track of one anyway. I do have a HRM and *never* use it!!

Denise- My DH has worked at home for the past 7 years. We've gotten pretty good at avoiding each other as needs be!! LOL :bcb_grin

Kimberley

Checking in for accountability:

I have been POP all day and it feels great. Walking and vigorous yard work have supplied generous exercise for today. While watching a tv show tonight, I will work on abs.

The (old) kid is back! It's just a mindset, and I was having a tough, tough time returning to the OP mindset.

Leigh, I hope the "hit between the eyes" wasn't painful! ;-) Aww...lick received gratefully; please give Owen a tummy rub for me. This morning, when I was on a long walk with our Lab, everyone who passed by us wanted to pet her or talk to her. She was in heaven! Such a little socialite!

HD, ow, ow, and ugh. The fall on the stairs sounded far too painful! I have no advice on your tummy other than what doctors often say, "When in doubt, check it out." I hope tomorrow is a much better and healthier day for you.

Kimberley, I also had problems with limitations on Core at one time and for the same reason: baking Core goodies. This time, I'm not baking any. I decided that desserts will all be fruit and between meal snacks will be either veggies or ff milk. I'm working hard to increase my protein intake. I think that will be a key for success for me, and as an aspiring vegetarian, I find that is the most difficult part.

Happy Monday! I hope you have a beautiful week!

Deedee

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Just got back from the walk with the "kids." It was a good one, and they are both stretched out on the floor already! LOL

HD, bless your heart!!! Oh, I hope you're not terribly stiff tomorrow, but like you said, thank goodness nothing is broken. Did you put ice on your index finger. I agree with Kimberley and DeeDee about your stomach...if it doesn't ease up really soon, I think maybe you should go on.

I will be making a big effort to get here tomorrow. Night all

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]