Health Discovery Network
Little Chubber

~Delta Force Weekend, March 21-22~

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

I have been all weights, ages, and have been known to abide by rules, so this thread is for me!

1. No whining Okie Dokie, I love WW and my BCB.

2. No complaining WW is the best program, a lifestlyle change I can live with.

3. No excuses I can exercise a minimum of 3 times a week!

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

Planning is key.

So, are you in?? You bet your sweet bippy I am.:bcb_tank:

Yes, I got enough sleep last night.:bcb_grin Today starts a new week for me. I am shaking up my eating a little, my exercise, and shook my post up a little. Life is short.....gotta have a litte fun!

Ok buddies let's make it an OP day!

Trudie

Morning, Trudie, and everyone else to come! Just got home from the gym. Did my abs class, and then 60 min cardio. I'm exhausted. Cardio just seems harder today for some reason. I had my training session last night, which is always tough, and did 60 min cardio, so maybe I'm still tired from then!

today is my "normal" Saturday...go to dads, get meds for week ready, and do his grocery shopping. THEN, I've got the day to myself! But, I don't get home from all that till around 1:00. But, that's ok, he's doing great, and someone has to shop for him!!:bcb_blush I want to go to Best Buy and get a new color cartridge for my printer, and look for a head set for my dh. Oh, he got the clearance from the doc to go back to work! Yippee!!:bcb_grin Oh, sorry, didn't mean to get TOO excited there! I'm planning on taking one day off this week, I planned that once he returned to work, I'd take a day off just for myself! I just want my house back! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that he's doing so well, but I need my "normal" back! And, I want to go to DSW and look for a pair of dressy shoes (I need a very low heal). Tomorrow, I'll run in the morning, either TM or outside, depends, then in the afternoon, I've got a hair appt, and bra shopping! Fun:bcb_cry:

OK, gotta go shower. Talk to you ALL later! Keep up the good work, ladies. We are an AMAZING force!!:kickbutt::bcb_bravo

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Guest jill-leigh

Welllll... I had a great night with the new guy last night. He's so sweet and kind and gentle. I really like him a lot.. I hope he stays around!

WI was... FANTASTIC today. I lost 4.6 this week! That's insane! I'm so close to goal! That put me at 133, and goal is 130. I can't believe I'm there already! Wow.... *sigh* Great day!

I hope everyone has a great, OP Saturday!! (and sunday!!)

Trudie- You crack me up. Great attitude!

Laurie- I'm sorry you're so worn out.. I know how you feel though. I hate those days.

Ohhh, Jill! Nice, about the new guy! And, fantastic loss! YOU go girl!!!:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo

Author unknown

Jillian~Wow, 4.6??? Congratulations!!!:bcb_bravoYou ROCK! Sounds like a pretty nice "new guy" Good for you.

Trudie

Good Afternoon! :wave:

Welcome to Spring!! I thought it would never arrive. I guess I'll wear my optimist hat and hope that we won't have anymore snow. A Canadian girl can dream, can't she?! LOL

It's been a hectic day and this is the first time I've had to sit down thus far! I went to the gym this morning to take a Tour de France spin class. Let me tell you it was KILLER after the brutal boxing class I took last night!! :crazy: I got Claire off to art class after a quick shower at home and then took the boys with me on errands for the next hour and a half until it was time to pick Claire back up again. We met up with my parents and my sister at the "sugar shack" for pancake lunch. The plan is to just have a light dinner of veggie soup. I should be okay today (knock on wood) because this place has sausage, eggs & baked beans as blood sugar stabilizers for the maple syrup! Also, we didn't buy any other maple syrup products/candies and that's what slammed me to the ground last weekend.

We dropped Claire off at a birthday party on our way home and I'll head back in a bit to pick her up. We're going to do some reading/listening before&after dinner and then DH is planning to have an outdoor fire with the kids and check out the space station with his new telescope!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Denise- DH was talking about moving to the country so we could have a garden and perhaps a cow. I relayed my exchange with you the other day and he tried to say that mowing the lawn is different than tending a garden (in that he doesn't want to mow the lawn! LOL).

Trudie- Another thought I had was that maybe you should get a blood work-up done from your doctor. You could be in the perimenopausal stage where hormones are a bit off and when you get them straightened out, your weight will stabilize. That being said, you are already close to 25lbs below the top of your range so you might have to accept that the number will *have* to creep up a bit over the years as it's not as feasible to maintain the lower number as you get older (muscle mass & bone density drops, slower metabolism, etc). I'm glad you're going to shake things up this week as the difference in points (8pts per day) is actually fairly miniscule in terms of weight gain (when you're not eating WPAs, it should be closer to a "true maintenance" point) but is absolutely crucial in terms of the amount of food you can eat. If you truly do need to eat less food, then it's worth knocking it back down. But if something else is going on here, much better to explore all the options and not have to starve while you do it!! ;)

Jill- Wow, you've lost a ton in the past few weeks!! It must be new love!! :bcb_wink3

Laurie- I'm glad you're taking off a day for yourself this week. You definitely deserve & need it!

Kimberley

I'm sitting here, chuckling at my dh, cause he's sitting with a new cookbook, reading recipes and figuring out the points!!:bcb_grin

Author unknown

Well, I shook up my exercise a bit. I did run, but hang on......I ran 8.4 miles! Did you hear me??? 8.4 miles.:work_out: That's the furthest I have EVER ran. It was an awesome run. I even came home with my water money in my pocket, didn't have to stop for water.:bcb_grin It was 46 degrees, so I ran in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. I didn't start feeling tired until the last mile. I am fired up!

Trudie

Woohoo, girl! I AM impressed:bcb_bravo

Author unknown

Guest healthydays
Keep up the good work, ladies. We are an AMAZING force!!:kickbutt::bcb_bravo

I just had to start my post today with Cindy's quote. It is so true. I feel the power of this force. When I am strong I think I am contributing to the force. (I hope I am). But when I am weak like I have been with my medical issues over the past couple of weeks, I feel the force pulling me along. I have not sunk into the sea of self-pity because all of you are so active and so involved that I feel your force and it buoys me up.

Trudie -- I heeded your words and went to the surgeon today with an open mind. Yes, my gall bladder is coming out. Key-hole surgery ( or as he says a big key). He told me if we wait until it becomes infected then the mortality rate is 10-20%. Well that is definitely a prefer-to-miss.

Unfortunately I might need to have 2 things done. Bloodwork showed some numbers way too high in liver function. Last July when I had my big physical they were perfectly normal. He says this is probably due to a blockage in a different duct (not GB duct). I will go to hospital on Monday for an MRI then we will plan exactly what and when gets done. I got the impression we would deal with the blockage first though I think both things would be soon. The blockage might be caused by a gall stone that got loose and stuck in a different duct. Worst case would be lesion or cancer but I'm keeping a positive thought and just going for the test.

Kimberley---they recently opened a new "health" supermarket in my town. I went there after the MD. Really nice with lots of stuff. Surprisingly big store. I thought of you as I was shopping. I may come back to you for advice on some of the healthy grains and how you use them. For instance they had quinoa on sale but I didn't buy it as I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. I did pick up some wheatgerm to add to cereal/yogurt and also some mixed raw nuts and a nice cold cereal that has many different types of grains.

Went for a bike ride this afternoon for exercise. I really pushed myself and it felt good. Again, I thought of all of you and how much exercise you do and it motivated me to just get out there and not sit home feeling sorry for myself.

Jill -- yes, please do keep us informed of your new love. I feel the excitement all over again through you.:bcb_bigsm

Thanks buddies!

Hey, everyone

Hope ya'll are having as gorgeous a weekend as I am. I've been in the yard all afternoon...until I couldn't see where I was sticking the shovel in the flower bed. It was around 75 this afternoon. Ah, I just love our 2 or 3 weeks of spring. LOL

I started out well today, with Kashi GoLean Crunch, but unfortunately, it appears my peanut butter issue is back with a vengeance, so here we go again. If only it were as simple as stopping myself from buying it in the first place.

Walked last night and today, so I'm planning to mix in a run tomorrow night.

HD, my thoughts and prayers are with you on your gall bladder surgery.

Trudie, you rock, hon! Amazing!

Cindy and Kimberley, I got tickled reading about your sleepover experiences. My stepson told me last night that they had one for their son's 8th BD in February. It was their first, and he said he wondered about all the parents grinning as they were dropping them off and hurrying away. He still sounded shell-shocked.

Jill, what's this about a new man? Way to go, hon! Keep us in the loop.

Be back later. Sleep well, everyone!

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HW 175/SW 169/CW 169/LW 151/GW 140

Ht: 5'9"

I just had to start my post today with Cindy's quote. It is so true. I feel the power of this force. When I am strong I think I am contributing to the force. (I hope I am). But when I am weak like I have been with my medical issues over the past couple of weeks, I feel the force pulling me along. I have not sunk into the sea of self-pity because all of you are so active and so involved that I feel your force and it buoys me up.

Good post HD! This is so true, and YES, you absolutely contribute!!!

I am so glad you went to see the surgeon. Another test? Did he say an ERCP by chance. Sometimes a stone gets stuck in the biliary tree and liver tests are elevated. Just a thought. I am glad you are getting your GB taken out. You will do fine!

I got so excited about my run, that I forgot that I little dog tried to bite me. Just scratched my skin on my lower leg. Two little girls, maybe 4 and 6 were outside with the dog. The older one asked if I was exercising, I smiled and said yes, then ouch! It happened so fast.:bcb_huh:

So I shook up my exercise with a long run, shook up supper a little, and got sick. I am sure it's my body wondering where in the heck the popcorn was???:bcb_grin Really, I did get sick, and I am still burping whole wheat pasta.:bcb_huh: I am at 24 points, and I may not be able to eat anyting else. Maybe I can grab some pretzels to add a couple more points.

Cindy~I know you had a busy day, just want you to know I am thinking about you!

Good night buddies!

Trudie

Hi everyone,

It's 4:00 AM and I have been up since 3:00!

We are an AMAZING force!!:bcbkickbu I really like this slogan!

Trudie, I have no doubt that you'll also shake off any extra pounds you desire, but 8.4 miles - now that is amazing!

Laurie, I too would take a day off and celebrate!! You deserve it! Good for DH taking so much charge in the kitchen!! I wish I could say happy bra shopping - but buying bra's is just about as bad as bathing suit shopping!

Jill, Ou la la, this guy sounds like he is after your heart! A BIG CONGRATS 4.6 - WAY TO GO!!! You really are "there already"!

Kimberley, LOL... your conversation with DH made me chuckle! Oh what a little fool I was... I learned my lesson and I'll never go there again! Good job staying away from the maple sugar!

Leigh, I have a love affair with peanut butter too. I really could scoop it by the spoonful and eat it. I try not to use it at all, because as long as I don't taste it - I can manage it.

HD, glad you went and had everything checked out - even though you now will be facing surgery! Good luck tomorrow at the hospital.

Speaking of hospitals and surgery - tomorrow is my day. Yesterday I was on a liquid diet, and today a clear liquid diet - so no counting points. I did my exercise yesterday, but think I might skip today... I am nervous.

Anyway, I am scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow, and will be home by Thursday.

Oh, and my sister had her baby boy Thursday. He is absolutely adorable! He is 8.2 lbs, but is just so little.

Hope everyone has a great OP day as I sip chicken broth and eat jello!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest healthydays

Denise>>>> coming your way. I'll be thinking of you. Best of luck with your surgery.

Trudie -- The test I'm getting on Monday is an MRI something something. I didn't understand what came after the MRI but I know I lie in the MRI machine.

If the blockage is a stone then the surgeon said he'd put me to sleep and then go in through my throat with a camera and cutter I guess. Can't remember if he gave me the technical name or not but when he was talking about a block he did say something about a tree. I think he might have been trying to use this analogy to get me to understand.

Good Morning! :wave:

The kids go back to school tomorrow! :crazy: Actually, we had a good March Break-- makes me feel optimistic about the upcoming summer vacation!!

Later on this morning I'm off for a 9 mile run in the park. DH & the kids might come with their fishing rods. This afternoon, we're heading over to my parents' to watch the Series of Unfortunate Events movie (with Jim Carrey). The plan is BBQ hamburgers, oven fries & fruit salad for dinner again! :bcb_up

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Denise- Congrats to your sister! You're in my prayers this week. Please let us know how you're doing when you can!

Trudie- WOO-HOO on the long run! I'm sorry about getting sick. Do you think you were dehydrated? I load up like a camel before and afterwards or else I get bad headaches. On longer runs, I just take a bottle in hand and sip along the way.

HD- Quinoa can be used like rice as a grain side dish. There's also a good quinoa pudding recipe on the Simply Filling recipe board.

Leigh- I don't have a lot of sleepovers growing up and I totally get it now!!

Kimberley

Morning Buddies,

Just had breakfast and need to get ready for church. I WILL have an OP day. Because it's the w/e and I have more time, my preference is to run, but I wonder if I should really do something different with having my long run yesterday.

Denise~I don't envy you on the clear liquids diet. It is normal to be nervous. Just remember you will be in good hands. How long do you anticipate being in the hospital? I will say a prayer for you and will be thinking about you.

HD~Thanks for the clarification.

Kimberley~I don't think I was dehydrated. I really think it was coincidental. I did eat some pretzels later last night and I feel great! And, I did think about the whole perimenopausal thing. Thought if there is no explanation, that could very well be it. That's part of why I gave myself a MR of 125-129, thinking my lowest weight may very well not be realistic long term. Thanks Buddy!

Have a great day everybuddy. I will check back later.

Trudie

I was able to fall back to sleep - thank goodness. I was planning on going to church, but think I will skip it today. I have been avoiding crowds this week and at church everyone is hugging and shaking hands.. I don't want to get sick. We also have a news announcement of Whooping Cough in 2 schools...

HD, I saw something on "The Doctors" - the tv show in the afternoon. They were actually showing a new surgery - where the gallbladder is removed from the throat! I think you are explaining a different procedure, but in any event - it was interesting. Hope all goes well with you tomorrow too!

Trudie, I will be in the hospital till Wednesday night or Thursday morning if all goes well!

So, I left out the worst part of my day.. and it's not the liquid diet. I need to do a bowel prep - and I dread it! I have to drink a gallon of stuff. Well in any event - I KNOW by this afternoon I will have reached my goal weight and probably a few extra!! I guess that is one good thing about it.. well, the only good thing!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good Morning! :salut

The party went very well yesterday, but it was very tiring getting everything ready, then making sure everything was running smoothly, etc. I spent last night recovering! :bcb_grin

We went treadmill shopping yesterday afternoon at Sears. Didn't come home with a treadmill, as we wanted to do just a bit more research. Turns out we can get a better model direct from the manufacturer for only a small amount more, but with free shipping and no sales tax, the price is almost the same. The only downside, I won't have my treadmill today! I know, LOL, poor baby... Seriously, I'm concerned that my running abilities will be awful by the time the new machine arrives. I may persuade DH and DS (dd at rehearsal all afternoon) to go jogging on a nice river trail near us.

I did just complete my Simply Interval workout, but I do want to do something more today. I didn't workout yesterday, or Friday. :bcb_down My eating was horrible yesterday also. :bcb_kick: There was food porn here and while I was fairly good, I did indulge more than I should have. Why, because I didn't have a plan that's why. Also, I've been seriously unmotivated because the scale is just not moving. Put the two together and I'm a diseaster. Now put the peri-M issues on top of it and I'm having just a terrible time keeping my act together. I hope getting some outdoor activity today helps to clear my head. I really do know that I'm a slow loser, always have been, and this is just going to take time (apparently, lots of it! lol) and I need to stay the course and be patient. :bcbkickbu

I'm going to spend some time today coming up with a menu plan for this week that is appealing and causes me to look forward to my healthy meals. I'm going to really try for a fresh outlook here! :bcbkickbu

Denise - Good luck tomorrow, and with the prep today. I'm going to be thinking about you and look forward to hearing about how you're feeling as soon as you're up to it. Congratulations on the birth of your nephew!

Healthydays - Good luck with your test tomorrow. Your positive post and outlook really lifted me up and made me realize it's time to stop with my little pity party. Time to soldier on! Please keep us posted with how you are doing after the test.

Kimberley - Like Healthydays, I would like to hear about quinoa also. I think I heard it was a good protein source for a grain. Maybe I could substitute it and save some points here and there. Glad your kids go back to school tomorrow - mine are off tomorrow due to teacher seminars! Your dinner sounds great, one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Trudie - Wow, an 8-mile run! You go!!! I'm sorry you didn't feel well afterward though. Thanks for the thoughts, you also encouraged me to snap out of feeling sorry for myself. There's just no point in it. You are handling your gain with such strength and determination and I'm going to do the same. I'm still healthier for eating so smartly, I weigh a lot less than I did when I got serious about losing last August, and my fitness has increased tremendously. Hey, I can actually run a 5K now. I have a lot to be proud of and feeling like I'm failing is just not going to cross my mind any more!

Jillian - Congratulations on a fantastic loss this week! Are your bathroom troubles history now? Glad to hear things are going nicely with the new guy. :bcb_smile

Laurie - You really deserve a day for yourself this week. Enjoy it!

Leigh - Your sleepover story was funny! I don't think I can put off DD's request much longer to just have one friend over. :bcb_grin This way I can slowly work up to a whole sleepover party which is what she really wants!

Have a wonderful Sunday everybuddy!

G'day all!! Went to the gym, did 4 miles on TM. My dd came with me, and she joined:bcb_grin I played trainer, and show he some stuff. Then, I'll pay for a few sessions with a REAL trainer, so she can learn the RIGHT way to do things!:bcb_grin So, I'm proud of her for taking the first step.

Denise, oh that prep!! I do remember it well. First, for my colonoscopy, then when that was over, and I was told I didn't have to come back for 10 years, I had my hysterectomy, and had to do the prep again!!:bcb_sick: that was the worst part of BOTH procedures! So, good luck, my friend! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

I've got a hair appt in a bit, so I've got to get going.

have a great day EVERYONE!!

L:bcbkickbu

Author unknown

Guest healthydays

Hi Buddies,

Got up early and went to the early service at church. Came home and pretty much didn't do a whole lot all day. DH is away on business and DS is the quiet type. I decided to do another bike ride this afternoon. When I started out it was cloudy, like's its been for a couple of days, but the air temp was really nice for biking. Well, about 1/2 way through down came the rain in very big very cold drops. I had to turn around and cut my workout short. Oh well. Tomorrow is supposed to be lousy weather again.

I did get my menus planned for the week so that's soomething. I also did my grocery shopping for the week.

Kimberley -- I bought bulgar in the grocery store today. Again, something really new for me. I found a recipe using bulgar and plain yogurt and dried fruit to make a breakfast. I guess I'm supposed to make it the night before so the bulgar has a chance to soak. They had 2 kinds fine grind and coarse and I wasn't sure which was better so I bought the fine grind. Let me know if you think I made a mistake.

I absolutely love rice pudding but I almost never have it because I thought it wasn't good for me so I like the idea of trying the quinoa pudding recipe.

That's all going on here.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Good Evening! :salut

Well, I'm very happy to report an OP day!! This feels really good. My food choices were all excellent today and I had lots of activity. In fact, I'm over 10,000 steps. DH and I ended up taking DS to the bike trail and jogging next to him while he rode. It was a muddy mess, but we all got in some much needed exercise. DS, with all his sensory issues has very poor muscle tone and needs to work hard like he did today. It was hard for all of us to see these much smaller kids speeding right past him. We all agreed that whenever DD has rehearsal on the weekends that this would be what the three of us do, go to the bike trail. So now he has a special thing to do with just DH and me, in addition to physical therapy, that is so good for him.

Healthydays - I love bulgur. I use it in place of rice all the time. One of these days I'll try quinoa.

Well buddies, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. Hopefully they're not repeats lol.

Have a nice night. :bcb_smile

I had, just about, a near perfect day!! (I don't mean, "points-wise"but that, too!). My day was ...4 mile run, then (shower) off to the mall...bought new undies, new bras, new dressy shoes, new jeans, got my hair done! What more could a girl ask for (other than someone ELSE to pay for it all!!).:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

THEN, I came home to a wonderful dinner made by you-know-who!! Speaking of you-know-who, he's going back to WORK tomorrow! I think he's actually excited! I know I am:bcb_wink3

OK, off to TV land. Night all! Denise, good luck!!

L:bcb_salut

Author unknown

I had, just about, a near perfect day!! (I don't mean, "points-wise"but that, too!). My day was ...4 mile run, then (shower) off to the mall...bought new undies, new bras, new dressy shoes, new jeans, got my hair done! What more could a girl ask for (other than someone ELSE to pay for it all!!).:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

THEN, I came home to a wonderful dinner made by you-know-who!! Speaking of you-know-who, he's going back to WORK tomorrow! I think he's actually excited! I know I am:bcb_wink3

OK, off to TV land. Night all! Denise, good luck!!

L:bcb_salut

Cindy, they BETTER not be repeats!! (sounds like YOU had a great day, too!)

Author unknown

What a nice day here. ALL my kids were here for lunch, and the wives/boyfriend/girlfriend. And of course Hailey:bcb_grin It was so nice! DH made a roast in the crockpot. He also made chicken breast, red potatoe, and baby carrots wrapped in foil. Sprayed then with butter spray, seasoned them, and baked it in the oven. It was very good, but he forgot to put onion in it.

Here I was, kicking back reading posts. When I read yours Cindy, I realized that I still needed to get my 10K steps in. Yikes! I already told myself that I was going to pass on exercise. Never gave my step challenge a thought. Of course I had less then 3000 steps in. So it was downstairs to hit the treadmill. I ended up running 4.25 miles and cooling down with a .25 mile walk.

HD~Sorry about the rain, but good job trying to get out for a bike ride. I have never bought/eaten bulgar, you will have to let us know what you think of it, and how you use it.

Laurie~Wow, what a wonderful day, good for you!

Cindy~Whoo hoo on your OP day! And, getting over 10K steps in. What a nice and special time biking with your DS.

Good night Buddies

Trudie