Health Discovery Network
Cinderella2b

Delta Force Daily ~ Monday, 3/23

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Good Morning! :salut

Dare I say Happy Monday? LOL

The kids are home, so I only have a few minutes here. I'm going to immediately do the FIRM 500 Calorie as soon as I finish my coffee. I'm making a half-batch of the 1 pt. turkey chili today. Really looking forward to having some for dinner tonight.

Something I'm going to try for the next couple of days is to eliminate snacking between meals and instead incorporate those snack points into larger meals. I've noticed when I have a larger breakfast and lunch, I'm not as hungry all afternoon and not only don't snack, I also need a smaller dinner. If I instead allocate some points for snacks, I never really feel full and satisfied. I first noticed this on vacation and a few times since then while at home, so I'll see if this helps my hunger level, especially for when I do a tough workout (like this morning).

What about the rest of you? Do you spread your points out to allow for more frequent mini-meals or snacks? Or do you tend to stick to just 3 square meals each day? Just curious, and of course this inquiring mind just has to know. :bcb_grin

Make it a great day! :bcb_tank:

Guest jill-leigh

Morning everyone.. :bcb_wink3

I had a binge last night.. Stupid, and my fault completely. There's no excuse what so ever. Just happened.. I'm back on track now.

Thanks to everyone for the awesome comments about my loss this week and the new guy. He's great. He invited me over on Saturday and we had a movie night cuddled up on the couch. LOL This sounds ridiculous.. but I have this dried out, peeling patch on my chin from kissing him because of his facial hair :bcb_grin Ahhhh.. I will just have to deal with that though! lol Did I mention that he's on WW? I can't remember..

I was sick all weekend with a bad head cold with a ton of congestion.. so I didn't workout all weekend. I should have, though. I'm feeling better today though. Still all stuffed up and talking funny, but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday feeling the beginnings of a UTI.. I immediately got some antibiotics and Cranberry juice and it's feeling much better. Not completely gone.. but definitely clearing up.

Cindy- Thought it was funny that you asked about the bathrooms problems.. For the past few weeks, things have been "moving along" better than ever, but as of Saturday night, I've been a little blocked up.. I'm hoping it passes today though. I already feel the bloat :bcb_down Thanks for asking!

Good Morning! :wave:

It's back to business as usual around here today! :crazy: I woke up to go to the bathroom at a ridiculous time. After an hour of trying to get back to sleep, I gave up & got out of bed. I went to the basement and did almost 2 hours of FIRM workouts. At least I got that out of the way! I had to take Claire to school early for basketball and then back home to get the boys ready for school. Since I didn't have to go to the gym this morning, I started in with some cooking. I'm pleased to announce that I've got my stock pot almost to the brim for the first time ever. I make some pretty massive batches of soup so it's saying something that I reached the top with this one. I'll have enough soup to last me a month! AND, I'm going to start making some beef stock (bones in the freezer) over the next day so there will be another massive batch of soup made tomorrow. I hope I have room in the freezer! :crazy: At least the soup should hold me until we get some consistently warm weather and it switches over to BBQ & salads!! :bcb_up

I've got a ton of errands to do so that will take me into part of the afternoon. I may be going for a walk in the park with my mom this afternoon. We'll see how I feel later on. I may wind up needing a quick nap before running to the school to run home with the kids. Nathan & DH have Beavers tonight after dinner. We're working on book #9 of our current series so we'll continue with that!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Jill- I hope you're feeling all back to normal soon! Sorry about that razor burn! LOL

Cindy- I most often have 3 meals & 2 snacks. Sometimes I need to have bigger meals and they'll hold me over until the next meal. I try to keep my snacks to fruits/veggies. It also depends when/how much I exercise as I don't have a huge breakfast before I workout as it will upset my stomach. If I'm at the gym most of the morning, I'll have a huge lunch to even things out. If I'm back before lunch, I'll have a big snack when I get home and then a big lunch a bit later on. For so long I had a small dinner and ate nothing for the rest of the night. That worked best for me. I've been finding lately that I need a bigger supper but I'm trying to cut that back. It's *much* easier for me to stop eating at night than it is to starve myself during the day. If I don't eat enough during the day, I get panicked and am more prone to bingeing. But if I've had enough food through the day, it's not a big hardship to go to bed a bit hungry and dream of a big breakfast the next day! LOL

Kimberley

Hi everyone. I had kind of a rough weekend. I started having some difficulty breathing last thursday and ignored it. By the end of the day friday I felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks. My nose was running, I couldn't breathe, I was sneezing and coughing with a horrid headache. I started using the nasal inhaler again and doubled my allergy medicine. I didn't feel much better Saturday and I had a bad weekend with food. I don't feel that I binged Sat, but the things that I did eat weren't good choices. When I'm sick I want to eat certain things which, ironically, aren't things that would make you feel better. My week starts on Saturday so even though I was too sick to work out I had WPA which I didn't mind using some of. The problem was Sunday was a bit out of control. We overslept for church which caused a MCD breakfast. I have my dining out companion so I attempted to make good choices, but at fast food you can only do so much. We always go out for lunch after church. It's like a tradition so we decided to try somewhere new, an Italian buffet. I thought I did well. I took only one spoon of everything and tried not to finish any selection. When it came to dessert I took a mini cannoli and an espresso brownie walking past the gelato, cheese cake, eclaires, and a number of other options. I decided to count this as 18 points. The problem came with dinner when dh insisted on chineese bbq. I think I've blown my WPA out of the water, but it's monday now so I'm back on plan. I'm hoping to salvage some kind of a loss this week or at least maintain.

Jill-I feel your pain about the binge. I think I'm in the same boat you are, the irony of it is I think I ate less than usual if that makes sense.

Cindy- I do better when I eat every two hours. I know it sounds insane to eat every two hours, and I've only lost 11 lbs., but I've lost it all since Jan. If I don't eat every two hours I tend to eat more when I do eat. I've always done fruits/veggis for most of my snacks but initially it was more fruit than veggie, last week I switched and that seems to be working.

blk-weight.png

Hello Buddies,

Well this old gal over did the running just a titch.:bcb_grin My hips were a bit sore today. I shouldn't have run last night. Oh well, no biggy. Reminder to self, listen to your body.

It's been an OP day, and I will finish my day OP.

To answer your question Cindy. My eating varies. Somedays I eat 2 points on the way to work, then 2-3 points at my morning break. Lunch is generally 5-6 points, 1-2 points on my way home from work, and the remaining points for supper and popcorn.

If I don't eat anything on my way to work, I usually have a 4 point breakfast on my morning break.

I hope you all are having a great, OP day!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guest healthydays

Cindy -- I usually have a snack mid-morning then a cappuccino right after work and sometimes a snack when I get home from work. That plus three meals. If I have points left over or am really hungry I'll have either an extra piece of fruit while watching TV at night or a Fiber One bar.

Bad news is I didn't have my MRI today. Time was set for 3:30 pm so I had to fast all day then they called and said there was an emergency case so could I come at 4. No problem but when I was already in the car they called again and said machine broke so I needed to be rescheduled for tomorrow at 12 noon. My boss won't be pleased that I have to cut out of work but what are you going to do. Now I have to fast again all day tomorrow until the test is over.

You would think with all this I'd be losing but when I weighed myself this morning I was up .8. Go figure. No way I'm not OP. I'm even being extra careful and weighing and measuring. I have been drinking a lot of water recently -- above my normal 8 cups so maybe some of that is hanging around.

Jeni- How scary! I'm glad you're feeling better! Good for you to get back on track!

Trudie- I think I've got the answer to your scale spikes. Metabolically speaking, it's recommended to have around 300 calories for breakfast in the morning within 30 minutes of waking to get yourself on a solid foundation and rev up the metabolism. That would amount to at least 5 points for breakfast (high fiber), not including any snacks you'd have later in the morning. I think if you focus on having more in the morning and less at night, that might be all it takes!!

HD- I'm sorry about the gain. You could take a vitamin B supplement to help flush out the extra water!

Kimberley

Hey, everyone

OP day here with Campbell's Healthy Request soup for lunch, frozen grapes for break and a sandwich for supper. Didn't have a chance for my usual afternoon snack, so I was hungrier than I like to be when I got home. On top of that I had an emergency vet run I had to make, so I ate even later than usual (which is late).

Cindy, you posed a great question which we all will probably answer differently. For myself, I do better when I spread my food out throughout the day, every two to three hours. I got started with that years ago after reading one of Debra Waterhouse's books about women and weight loss. It seems to be one of the constants I can point to that seem to help me avoid weight gain, and also help me lose when I am using my other tools. But that's just me.

Denise and HD, I've got you both in my prayers.

Later all,

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HW 175/SW 169/CW 169/LW 151/GW 140

Ht: 5'9"

Trudie- I think I've got the answer to your scale spikes. Metabolically speaking, it's recommended to have around 300 calories for breakfast in the morning within 30 minutes of waking to get yourself on a solid foundation and rev up the metabolism. That would amount to at least 5 points for breakfast (high fiber), not including any snacks you'd have later in the morning. I think if you focus on having more in the morning and less at night, that might be all it takes!!

Thanks Kimberley. You could very well be right. I do eat too much in a short time in the evening. Over about 2-3 hours, I have a larger supper, plus popcorn.(which I haven't had in 3 days now)

I have never been one to eat within 30 minutes of waking.:bcb_sick: I know it's supposed to jump start our metabolism. I am doing well eating 2 points on my way to work, lol. It's usually 2points of pumpkin muffins, or 2 small banana's, or 4 slices of light bread with sf jelly. I am hungry for steel cut oats with 1 cup of blueberries, that's more points, but I don't eat that til about 8-9 am.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Thanks for all the replies regarding distributing your points. Looks like pretty much everyone eats more frequently than 3 meals/day. Idk, I still may try to limit between meal eating and see if I feel more satisfied eating larger meals instead.

Healthydays - I hope you have better luck tomorrow with having your MRI.

Trudie - Sorry your hips are hurting. You really put in a lot of miles this weekend! Nice job getting your 10k steps yesterday though. I forgot to wear my pedometer today. :bcb_blush

Leigh - Sometimes it seems that I never feel full with eating a small amount every few hours. I know it's the healthier way to eat, but I wonder if I eat more each day that way because I'm constantly trying to feel full and therefore defeating the purpose lol.

Kimberley - I think I should try going to bed just a little bit hungry. It would also do me a bit of good to do a little dreaming about food instead of eating it lol.

Jeni- Wow, you had a tough weekend. I hope you're feeling better now.

Jillian- I hope you feel better also! That is really cool that your new guy is on WW. Have fun!

Trudie- I used to feel nauseous about eating in the morning as well. But when you stop eating early and don't have any evening snacks, you are *definitely* ready for breakfast in the morning. I have to almost be more careful in the morning than other meals because it's been so long since I've last eaten that I'm READY to eat!! LOL :crazy: Generally speaking, I'm at my Target by lunch (or afternoon snack at the latest) and dinner comes from APs/WPAs. I try to make it the smallest meal of the day. The liver needs 12-14 hours to completely detox from what we've eaten and help dump toxins. I'm fortunate that I can make my schedule work since we eat dinner early and wake up later than most. A late dinner for me would be 6pm and we eat breakfast around 8am in the morning. For people coming home at 6-7pm and then waking up at 6-7am, it's not so easy!

Cindy- If I don't go to bed hungry, I don't lose weight. It's as simple as that for me!!

Kimberley