3 cups All Bran Cereal

2.5 cups water

2.5 tsp Baking Powder

1 pkg Betty Crocker Low Fat Brownie Mix

Preheat oven to 350

Soak All Bran in water for about 10-15 min

Add Brownie Mix and Baking Power and MIX

Fill Muffin pan and bake for 20-25 min

Entire recipe is 24 pts so you can either make 12 for 2pts each or 24 mini-muffins for 1 pt each.

My husband calls them, "bran muffins disguised as brownies"

ABSOUTELY AMAZING!! smile.gif

:) Lee<br />"Nothing tastes better than feeling thin!"<br />JW = 221.6 (Oct 25 '03)<br />CW = 194.4 (Jan 30 '04)<br />LOST = 27.2

Bumping this one up! I like to eat them cold!!

Barb wave.gif

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

Now there is a great treat for hubby and son!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

B U M P :exercise2

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Guest 2fat4now

Can you substitute a cake mix instead of brownie mix?

This time I made these with a regular brownie mix instead of LF. I made 20 muffins and counted them as TWO points each.

I also added a TBS. of espresso powder AND 1 TBS. unsweetened cocoa to cut the sweetness...

This was my "favorite" way of making these! They seemed more brownie-like, more substantial and goo-ey than the others~ :bcbsalute EITHER way is delicious, though!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

P.S. Michele, I don't know?! Anything is worth-a-try! :D

Guest 3boysmom3

These are great, I also added 1 scoop of protein powder. Does anyone know the calore take on this?

These are good, BUT......please check the calorie, fat and fiber counts on your packages and do your own math.

I used Fiber One Cereal and a Betty Crocker Low Fat Brownie Mix and I ended up with 20 regular sized muffins that were 4 points each.

Still yummy, but you don't want to gobble and whole bunch at that point price.

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Guest 3boysmom3

I used regular brownie mix as the lf was higher in (i think) carb count. I took all the counts as follows: Mix 116 cal 2.7 g fat 21.4 carb 1.4 pro Protein powder 120 cal (39g) 0.0 fat 16 carb 14 protein Cereal all bran - 2 cups 180 cal 4 g fat 18 car all bran buds 1 cup 70 cal 1 fat 8 carb. Now if I did this right would I add all together as per column & divide by 20? If so here is the breakdown 416 cal 5.7 g fat 54.4 carbs 15.4 protein.

Therefore - 416 div 20 = 20.8 cal 0.285 fat 2.72 carb 0.77pro

Is this correct? wasn't sure of the point value

I used regular brownie mix as the lf was higher in (i think) carb count. I took all the counts as follows: Mix 116 cal 2.7 g fat 21.4 carb 1.4 pro Protein powder 120 cal (39g) 0.0 fat 16 carb 14 protein Cereal all bran - 2 cups 180 cal 4 g fat 18 car all bran buds 1 cup 70 cal 1 fat 8 carb. Now if I did this right would I add all together as per column & divide by 20? If so here is the breakdown 416 cal 5.7 g fat 54.4 carbs 15.4 protein.

Therefore - 416 div 20 = 20.8 cal 0.285 fat 2.72 carb 0.77pro

Is this correct? wasn't sure of the point value

It's correct IF the calorie/fat/fiber count you used for the mix was for the WHOLE mix and not just one serving.

My mix had 18 servings in the box and so I had to multiply those numbers by 18, which gave me total of 2340 calories, 45 fat and 18 fiber for the Brownie Mix.

SUE

Restart 3/31/09

Hi, Buddies~

Just thought I would share my calculations with a REGULAR Betty Crocker Brownie mix that has 20 servings:

I just refigured (with regular brownie mix) and here are my calculations:

3 cups All-Bran = 480/6/60

Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix= 2200/30/0

Together they equal: 2680/36/60

I get 20 regular sized brownie muffins, so that makes EACH: 134/1.8/3

I get TWO points per REGULAR sized muffins using a REGULAR brownie mix.

Perhaps some people get "better" points with LF Brownie mixes, but when I compared, this REGULAR BC brownie mix had less calories and fat than BC's Carb Monitor OR BC's LF!

(Trying to compare mixes, where one has 18 servings and one has 20 servings makes it very difficult while you're standing in the grocery aisle...! :rolleyes: :p )

Guest 3boysmom3

to: sjc1228 & Carole: Yes your right, I only did one serving sounded too good to be true. Carole I'll go by your numbers. I also found the same to be true with the low fat, that's why I bought regular mix.

to: sjc1228 & Carole: Yes your right, I only did one serving sounded too good to be true. Carole I'll go by your numbers. I also found the same to be true with the low fat, that's why I bought regular mix.

We live and learn, don't we :)

I would never have thought that a low fat mix would have more fat than a regular mix.....:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

SUE

Restart 3/31/09

Guest raidermom

Alright, I admit that these didn't even peak my interest when I read the recipe.....but my DM is coming to visit and she is a sweet freak...especially chocolate! So I decided to try these on her and made a batch this evening.

Mom....I'm sorry....you know I love you. Would you care for a nice nutrition bar instead since there are no more muffins left? :D

The KIDS even like them! I'm not expecting that they make it thru the day tomorrow.

Carol - I used the exact same products you used and came up with the same info. I found a BC low carb brownie mix and almost bought that....until I realized DUH...you don't NEED the 5 grams of fiber that are in there! And it was TWICE the price, so forget it.

Cheryl...They get all gooey the second day and are extra-wonderful!

You have to lick your fingers off...! ;) :D

Try and keep some for a second day...if you can! ;)

And as for your mom? You had wonderful intentions~ :buddysmoo

Guest sodacracker

I make them in a bar pan and cut them into 20 big sized squares. We eat them cold and store them in the fridge. Quick and easy dessert with a dollop of Ultralight Coolwhip or 1/4 cup low fat frozen yogurt foran extra point. I am bringing them to a party on Saturday so I know there is one dessert I can eat! At our meeting using the LF Betty Crocker Mix and All Bran they were calculated out to 1 point. MAybe we did the calculations wrong?

:D OH YUM! This sounds great! I'm going to jot down this recipe and try them..wow..yuuummm.

Kahfess

SW-9/20/04-403.2

:workout: CW - 350.00

:headover: GW-180

Keep the faith, not the weight!

Guest Me4Me

These sound really yummy. I have a question about their consistency...someone mentioned gooey, exactly how gooey. I don't care for things that seem raw or underbaked, so if that's how it is I'd rather not make them, but if it's gooey as in fudgelike then that'd be pretty cool.

It's been a long while since I made these (I'm on Core now), but I'm pretty sure it's "gooey as in fudge-like"! :D

Hi,

I just made this mix and mine was quite runny. I probably have enough mix to make another 12 muffins from the same batch, did I do something wrong?? I used all bran flakes, would that make a difference??

Thanks

Tanya

re-commited Oct 10/07

SW- 179.4 lbs

CW - 165.4 lbs

GW - 130.0 lbs

down - 14 lbs