Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Delta Force Weekend! ~~~ March 28 & 29 ~~~

Good Morning! :wave:

Well, I made my bed last night which meant I had a hard time sleeping in it because of the sugar-- hard time getting to sleep, hard time staying asleep and hard time getting back to sleep when I was up to go to the bathroom. I gave up & came downstairs just after 5:30am. To top it off, today is my bad TOM cramp day too! :ugh: Anyway, I went to the basement and did two cardio+sculpt FIRM workouts. By that time, I should have burned off whatever glycogen stores I still had swimming around inside! I came upstairs for breakfast, a shower and a check-in here. I'm off to the gym to take the Tour de France spin class in around half an hour as I told the instructor I'd be there. I took an advil for the cramps so that should help! LOL :bcb_huh: I'll get back in enough time to quickly shower (again) and then walk Claire to her last art class (art show is tomorrow afternoon) & the boys to the library to pick up the Pokemon movie for which they have not so patiently been waiting for weeks!! All told, that should net me close to 15APs and if I don't use them all today, I can put some of them towards the "snack" I had last night that literally ate into half of my WPAs. I'll feel better going into the week if I do that!!

I also have my journal planned out for the day (which I do most days anyway) and lots of healthy food in the fridge so it's all good! It goes without saying that tonight will be an early night to bed (if I make it that far-- odds are I'll fall asleep listening to an audio book with the kids this afternoon! LOL :sleepin: ).

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Kimberley

Hey, Kimberley

I so know what you mean. I've made my bed for the last two weeks, and while it doesn't usually cost me sleep, it has definitely shown up on the scale. I've let myself get stressed from work, and this week I had to put my older dog to sleep after she was hit by a car. I've never been much of a stress eater until the last year and a 1/2 or so, but now, it seems any upset can become a reason to hit the peanut butter jar (or worse), which unfortunately keeps finding its way to my house.

OK, enough whining. I know what I need to do. I have managed to keep my exercise level up for the most part...not always up to the level I need every day, but it's not dead. I can thank Owen the lab for that much.

This morning I've had Smart Start and low fat milk, and extra fiber wheat toast. Think I will have a can of Progressive chicken noodle for lunch.

Back later today.

Leigh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HW 175/SW 169/CW 169/LW 151/GW 140

Ht: 5'9"

Oh, Leigh....I am so sorry that you had to put your dog to sleep. It is so painful, but, as you know, it is sometimes the only option to keep our much-loved pets from suffering. We love them so much that it is just so very hard to say "good-bye." My sincerest sympathy to you.

Kimberley, isn't it amazing how lousy a "treat" can make us feel?

HD, although the diagnosis isn't wonderful, it certainly sounds better than numberous other possibilities! I'll be sending positive thoughts & healthy vibes your way. I'm sure you will have a successful surgery & feel much better because of it!

At WI today, I maintained just as I thought I would. I recommitted to Simply Filling/Core because it seems that I go bezerk if I allow treats on Flex even when I have planned for them & counted them. It's better if I just leave them all alone. Healthier, too!

Happy Saturday, All!

Deedee

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Good Afternoon! :wave:

I've been having problems getting on here through the day. Good thing it's been a busy day and I haven't had too much time to try! LOL

I got through all my exercise and between the fatigue and left over "fumes" from last night, I wasn't actually that hungry. I managed to bank almost all of my APs today to pay back the snacks last night so I've got almost 30 WPAs back in the bank!! :crazy: It will make things a lot easier this week to not have to live on Target + APs! :bcb_up

Things got busy this afternoon. One of my sisters popped in for lunch and a quick visit. Then, Nathan was invited over to a friend's to play so I invited friends for Claire & Lucas. That took up the whole afternoon! I will get everyone returned where they belong in time for dinner!! After dinner, I'm reading James and the Giant Peach to the kids so we can watch the movie tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to break out the lantern if we run into Earth Hour tonight!!

Later! :salut

Leigh- Sorry about your dog. I'm a total stress eater. I'll eat given any excuse whatsoever. You'd think I'd eventually outgrow that-- even with all the weight I've lost-- but that has yet to happen!!

Deedee- I find that I need to eat Core foods but count Flex points. It's the only way I can lose weight. I don't appear to have much of a "full" button. I maintain well with Core but I'd still like to lose a few more pounds!!

Kimberley

Guest healthydays

Leigh - I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put down my cat a few years ago so I know what you are going through. My cat had been with me for 16 years. Sometimes doing the right thing can be just so hard. My thoughts are with you.

Went to a wedding today. Really beautiful. Very tired now. Massive dinner but I stayed away from all alcohol, skipped the cake and overall I think I did pretty good.

Kimberley, I agree with you! When I am doing SF/Core, I make sure that I journal and count the Flex points for everything! My "full button" has never existed!

HD, two thumbs up on your excellent handling of a wedding situation! That's a toughie! Rest well!

All is well here except that I fell today & have a quite swollen and tender knee. It is turning lovely shades of black, blue, and purple. I heard once that there is a "klutz" gene. If there is, I think I have at least 3 or 4 of them!

Deedee

Good Morning! :wave:

It's slated to rain here all day so there goes my plan to run outside! I don't really feel like going in to the gym to run on the TM. So, I guess I'll go down to the basement and do some FIRM cardio (light sculpting) workouts. I'm slow to start this morning-- all that insomnia this week is catching up with me!

My family is coming over for a late lunch. I have struggled through our trips to the "sugar" bush over the past two weekends. Even Claire said that the sugar was overwhelming and left her feeling sick and with a headache for the rest of the day. So, we're having everyone over for pancakes and Canadian bacon (perhaps some eggs if necessary for blood sugar stabilization!). I'm making a Core oatmeal pancake and sticking with just that (plus the meat). We'll have some limits on how many pancakes we make for the kids and how much syrup they can use. Best of all, we'll save over $30 (though I guess we'll be shouldering the cost of all the food supplies). Afterwards, we're watching James and the Giant Peach for our Sunday afternoon movie. I read the book to the kids yesterday. After that, we're heading off to Claire's art show from the term of classes she took this winter. She's done some pretty amazing stuff from what I've seen thus far-- better than I could ever even imagine doing myself (but I'm not even remotely artistic!!).

The evening should be fairly laid-back. DH is off to his religious study group. The kids & I will likely listen to more Series of Unfortunate Events and perhaps even watch The Amazing Race before bedtime.

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

HD- Sounds like you did well yesteday!

Deedee- I hope your knee is feeling better!

Denise- How are you doing?

Cindy & Jill- What's going on?

Kimberley

Morning all..(it is still morning, right?) I went to the gym at 8 for pilates..I was the only one who showed up, so I got a "private lesson"!! Fine by me! then, drumroll, I ran on the tm.......ready?.......4.75:bcb_salut At 4.5, (that was my goal) I thought, come on, you've only got a bit further to go...DON'T STOP NOW!!! DON'T YOU DARE STOP NOW!! 4.75...pretty amazed at myself. Of course, now I've got to get on with the rest of my day...and it's a rainy day here, too...ugh! Gotta do my dad's stuff today, cause I didn't have time yesterday....had to decorate a cake yesterday! When I get my camera back from my dd, I'll download the pic and show you. Cute!

OK, hope everybodys on the mend!

Take care,

L:bcbkickbu:salut:bcb_grin:bcb_bigsm

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

I've decided to try a new tactic (new for me, at least). I am going to eat small meals every 2-3 hours. Ex. This morning before church, I had one boiled egg white (The dogs comply and eat the yolk for me!) and a small banana. After church, I had some cream of wheat. My problem has been that I let myself get too hungry and then I lose control. Maybe this approach will help counter those food-free-for-alls. I'll let you know.

Kimberley, the oatmeal pancakes are quite tasty! Enjoy! AND, we would love to see some of Claire's artwork. Hint.....

Laurie, 4.75 miles???? Holy Moly! I am just soooo impressed!

Cindy, Jeni, Jillian, and others....we're missing you!

Leigh, I hope that Owen is helping you recover from the loss of your oldest furchild. He sounds like he's up to the job!

Now, to the kitchen to make Kimberley and Cindy's polenta pizza.

Happy Sunday!

Deedee

Hi everyone,

doing much better today! I have been running a fever, and my bowels never woke up - I was afraid I might end up back in the hospital, but thankfully, they woke up rumbling and making noise at 1:00 AM today. I am feeling so much better and actually have been able to eat again.

The fluid build-up is almost gone, and I have lost 5lbs since coming home on Thursday.:bcb_bigsm

DeeDee, I eat ALL day long (normally). I really spread my point out and it works for me. Good luck with your plan - I think you might like it!

Leigh, sorry about your fury family member. I know losing a beloved pet is very difficult! May you have peace and comfort at this time.

Laurie, I love that you just keep on pushing yourself to the limits! It will surely motivate us all!

Kimberley, sounds like you have a plan to battle that sugar monster that has taken a hold of you all! I love The Amazing Race, and if I miss it tonight - I'll have all day to catch up! That' one good thing about surgery, I have a nice excuse to relax.

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Guest healthydays

Denise -- glad you're feeling better. I knew those lbs would drop right off.

Deedee -- Sorry about your knee. I took a fall a while back so I really feel for you. Just take it easy on the knee for a few days.

Laurie -- very impressive you jock! :bcb_smile

Kimberley -- there you go again. Now I want to try oatmeal pancakes. You just might get me healthy yet!! I've never done core but now you've got me browsing the core board looking for tips on new foods.

Well the weather here was rainy most of the day too and even when the rain wasn't coming down it was still miserable. I woke up fine and went to church but around mid-morning my tummy really started to hurt and cramp so I wound up going back to bed and slept most of the afternoon. I'm feeling a bit better now but still sleepy so I don't think I'll have any trouble going back to bed tonight.