Health Discovery Network
kayb85

Exersize and Fat loss

Hi !

I just joined Health Discovery and I look forward to sharing the weight loss journey with others like me. I wanted to make this my home group because I have a regular exersize routine now. See below for my begining dates and my stats.

I have been on ww for about 6 weeks now I have been exersizing 5 days a week 45 min cardio and 45 min weights, since about three weeks ago. I love it it makes me feel so good. The only problem is the first week I lost. Now week two and week three going on week four I have stayed at the exact same weight. Is this because I am using all of my 35 flex points during the week. On the days I work out I add 2 extra activity points. Can any one help me with this? I realy look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you

K

Start Date and Weight : 02/17/09 @ 226

CW: 214

GW: 160

Total loss 12lbs

blk-weight.png

weight.png

Begining Weight: 226

CW: 185

GW: 140

Height: 5'11

Start Date : 02/17/09 230lbs

Short term goal : 01/01/2010 165

I'd bet it's the exercise that's keeping you steady. In the short term a lot of exercise will hinder your weight loss for a variety of reasons. Don't worry about it. The scale can't differentiate between muscle and fat -- it's all just weight to the scale. Do your clothes fit better?

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Hi!

Welcome to Bootcamp!

Let me just get this straight. You've done WW for 6 weeks and lost 12 pounds. All 12 in the first three weeks? That is huge losses. Even if you didn't exercise, your body might need some time to catch up with that.

So about the exercsie, 2 APs for 45 mins cardio and 45 mins strength is not alot. What kind of cardio do you do? At what kind of intensity? How heavy weights do you lift?

When we lift heavy our bodies retain water in order to rebuild injured muscle tissue. That water can show up on the scale. Also as we exercise our blood volume increase. That can show up on the scale.

Gaining weight from building muscle after three weeks of strength training is not very realistic for a woman. We don't build much.

/Hanna

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

Cardio

15 Min Tread mill High Intensity Intervals 2 min @ 50% heart rate ( 134) and 1 minute at 70% heart rate ( 160 ).

15 Min eliptical Still doing High Intestiy Intervals but I usually set my work load to about 15 to begin with and slow build my self up to 20 (work load ranges from 1-23) I burn the most calories on this machiene

15 Min on a diffrent eliptical this is more like a strider it gives me the option to put an inclie up to 10 on the strides and a resistance up to 10

I do the High Inensity Intervals here to but I start my strides and resistance at five and work my way up to at least 8 ( on good days I make it to 10 :))

Weights

I dont know the spacific name of the machienes Im using sorry.

I do about 30reps but and leg presses you know where you sit in the chair push against a plat form with your feet. My weight is 80lbs for that. My reps time are 2 sec back and 2 sec fourth.

20 reps on a leg lift at about 40lbs. This one realy hurts my knees so Im kind of taking it easy.

35-40 reps on the thigh buster. The one where you use your legs and push them toward eachother to work your butt and your outter thighs. My weight 55lbs.

40 reps on the thigh buster that works on the inner thigh. I 60 lbs on this one I feel stronger going out ward rather than inward.

Arm pull works bicepts and tricepts. My weight on this is about 65 and reps are about 30.

Rowing machiene weights 60 reps 20. By time I get here Im getting exausted and ready to go..lol

Chest press at 45lbs reps are 20.

Then I go home :)

:bcb_march

weight.png

Building up muscle takes a lot of time but as you do your body will retain some water to lube and protect the new or damaged tissue.

Keep doing what you are doing, get in all or most of your Activity Points as well as your Weeklys and the water will pass (pun intended)

keep up the great work. You are doing what winners do.

:bcb_up

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Wow. You all have been realy helpful. I appreciate all of the good advice. I will take it and let you know how it works.

:)

Happy Monday Every One :bcbkickbu

weight.png