Health Discovery Network
Guest DawnH

SO frustrated I cant stand myself!

Guest DawnH

I have been on the WW plan now 12 1/2 weeks. So far, lost 30lbs (need to update my stats on here but anyway) and am very proud of myself, most of which I lost without exercise. Well, I am now in my 3rd week of exercising not only with my WiiFit & my Fitness Coach (also for Wii) but sometimes I do Gilad step arobics for an hour, or I'll do a Sweatin to the oldies cd..just depends on the mood and how much time I am able to spend at it. I very rarely go over my 30 point allowance, and with my workouts, I have points to spare, but hardly ever use.

for the last week, I have been getting up early in the morning, getting my fitness coach out of the way (thought it would be good to do some of my daily workout in the morning, kinda change my body habits a little). This morning, I woke up, went to the restroom, weighted myself and UP 2 LBS!! I started BALLING. For the last 3 weeks, I have been at a total standstill with NO movement at all. It is getting so hard to WANT to workout anymore because it doesnt seem to be doing ANYTHING but make me sweat and stink LOL. I understand that our bodies tend to 'stall', but I really need some ideas on how to kick it into dropping again. I have NEVER been so motivated to drop the weight as I am now and I dont want this 'stall' to make me change my mind. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you for listening and letting me vent a little.

Dawn

If you are just starting exercise, your muscles retain water for several weeks until they get used to it.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Guest DawnH

Was working out before I got the WiiFit and such, just not as much..Was doing the oldies cds like every other day. I boosted it up about 3 weeks ago.

Guest Sparky125

Dawn- Have you taken your measurements? The numbers on the scale arent the only sign of progress. SInce you have kicked up your exercising are you eating your AP's? I know that CW would probably agree, undereating can cause a stall at the scale if you are exercising more. Im sorry things have gotten tough but stick with it and you will push through this.

You're not giving your body enough fuel if you're not eating your AP's, and IMO also your WPA. It sounds like your body feels like you're starving it so it's going to hold onto every fat molecule it can. You must eat to lose!

ETA: Are you sure you calculated your target points correctly? At 265 lbs, 45 yrs old, and mostly sitting, I get 31 - at 288 lbs you get 2 more points than I do, based also on your age of course.

~Kristi~

The only thing I'd add is to not sweat the scale. The program works when you work it and you *will* lose weight when you work the program. This is not a race and our bodies will drop the weight as they're ready to do so!! Just make sure you're getting a balanced OP diet, eating enough food, drinking enough water and making the healthiest choices you can and the rest *will* take care of itself!

Kimberley

You are exercising more eat those AP's!

Your body needs to refuel. If you were exercising befor and then added more you need more fuel.

Dawn, I can feel your enthusiasm and excitement and motivation right now -- good for you, buddy! Your body is loving you for it, for sure.

I'd like to challenge you (with much buddy love) to look at how you phrased a couple of things in your post: "SO frustrated I can't stand myself." That sounds like anger at yourself.......but for what? For staying the same weight a couple of weeks, even though you've been eating well, exercising, and working hard at getting healthier? So, straighten me out...exactly *why* can't you stand yourself? Because the scale can't really measure effort and sometimes lies to you?? You simply can't expect a reward each and every week for being OP and being active -- it's like expecting a compliment at work for doing a good job, which we know often never comes. So you have to get your rewards some other way, and not at the scale. Sometimes the scale will deliver a "compliment" :) and sometimes it won't, even though you're continuing to do all the right things.

Now, if you want to just say "hmmmmm, I wonder if there's anything I'm doing that could use a little adjustment?", I can see that. That's taking the more "thinking" approach and not the "emotional" approach, where you freak out when the scale stays steady or, heavens forbid, goes up! :)

You also said "I have NEVER been so motivated to drop the weight as I am now and I don't want this 'stall' to make me change my mind." There's that emotion again. You sound like you're saying that if you don't get exactly the result you want (because you're doing well and really *want* it this time), you'll just get upset and quit. If you are expecting completely smooth sailing with no storms or lack of wind in your sails sometimes, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Just buckle down and do what you're doing, looking for rewards in other places -- clothes fitting better, more stamina when you're exercising, feeling of more self-discipline, and all the other NSV's, as we call them. If you focus on those, you're much less likely to get frustrated, and zoom past weigh-ins that don't show a loss with the thought of "oh well, I know I did well this week, and it will show up eventually."

Keep up the great work!!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Great advice, Katie.

Dawn, Katie offered up some very wise words, IMO.

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Katie, EXCELLENT post. Perfect response! That applies to SO many of us. thank you!

L:salut

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Guest DawnH

Katie-

You were very right...I was VERY angry with myself....I thought it was something I had done to cause it...I was mad at my scale, I was mad at life in general for slapping me in the face...But I understand now why my body is doing this. Also the "hmmmmm, I wonder if there's anything I'm doing that could use a little adjustment?" I did that idea a little while ago, thats when I decided to start doing a small workout in the morning before getting ready for work as well as my after work workout which is more intense. The down side with me is, yes I have gone down a pant size and yes my measurments are a tad smaller and my stamina is better and over all I feel better, I am a HUGE visual person...I want to see the numbers that go along with how I am feeling over all. I rely on that scale to tell me something positive even if it doesnt change, its positive that it isnt in the wrong direction.

DestinedToSucceed-A friend of mine gave me a copy of a page she had that showed points for weight and age...SO, with that said and with what you are saying your is......Im under......I switched to 30 points when I saw 286 (which, according to the sheet she gave me, I was to drop to 30 points @ 285). Now I need to go digging and see what I really should be at.

Just to ask.....last night, I ate a regular supper with my husband (Beef roast, sliced potatos, green beens, a couple garlic buns (2pts each) and a cup of milk), OMG I was STUFFED to the point it hurt...I didnt feel guilty about it and I didnt workout last night....HOWEVER, even though I went over my points by about 3 or so, I did weigh myself again this morning and OMG, I lost the 2lbs and I thought for sure I would gain!! My ? then is this, am I maybe NOT taking in enough points on my workout days? If say I should be at 33 points (if it falls with what DestinedToSucceed said I might be at) do I need to boost it up a couple EXTRA points every day I workout? I know we get like 30 some extra points in a week to use.....Should I really be using those points all up since I workout HARD after work??

Thank you all so much for the help and advice and for setting my thinking a little more straight. It appreciated more than you realize.

Dawn

Dawn, you've received some GREAT advice, and it sounds like you're doing really well with the tracking points and moving more. :bcb_bravo

Somewhere in this crazy BCB Forum, CW has posted the quiz you take to determine your daily points. Try doing a search for that and take the quiz. Those are your daily points.

On top of that, you get the 35 Flex Points to use throughout the week as you see fit. (Have a few each day, or saving them up for a nice dinner out or a special event.) Don't be afraid to eat those points! You won't feel deprived if you let yourself have a little something special now and then!

And then ON TOP OF your daily points and your bonus 35 Flex Points, you can earn Activity Points. It's important to eat all of your activity points, as others have said. You need the extra fuel to keep going! And your activity points are completely seperate from the 35 Flex Points. So you can have your 33 daily points (or whatever the quiz tells you you should have!) AND your activity points each day. If you still go over a little, THEN you dig into your Flex Points.

And I must say, I thanked God, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Santa Claus AND the Easter Bunny EVERY WEEK at Weigh In for those Bonus 35 Flex Points!

That's what is so great about the WW program! There's a lot of give! Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be just fine!

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

"I very rarely go over my 30 point allowance, and with my workouts, I have points to spare, but hardly ever use."

I agree with Michael. Use the AP's and start using the WPA's. That's what they are there for. Don't deprive yourself. Use them for things you really crave with in reason. It also sounds like you need to add more Full Fat things back if you barely make your alloted as you stated. Or some good fats like nuts, avacado etc.

Its not all about the scale and to me that says Diet Mentality. You need to let go of that. Start a measurement chart and Measure your self Monthly. Its a great motivator when the scale does or doesnt move.

Guest DawnH

Well, my husband did me a favor.........He hid the scale......Which I told him to do. I dont want to look at it until my 'Fitness Coach' (Wii program) needs it, which is usually on Sundays.

HOWEVER, I have to say something because it is bugging me!!!

Okay, so I have been taking everything that everyone is telling me and I love you all for the help and advice. Please keep in mind that right now it is 8:55PM at my house. I got done working out @ about 8:20PM ish.....SOOOOOOO, I still had 10pts to kill from just my APs. Then with my workout, IF I found the calculations I need to use, I had to add another 4pts......SO, at 830PM I am trying to get all 14 points in BEFORE I go to bed @ 10-1015PM. That goes against EVERYTHING I was ever taught.......I did it, feel terrible about eating this late cuz when I go to bed, it is just going to sit on my butt all night isnt it? PLEASE someone tell me that I did the right thing :bcb_cry:. I am trying......Lord KNOWS I am trying..... Please be paitient with me.......

Thank you again

Let me indroduce you to my favorite high point healthy treat. Raw unsalted almonds. 1/4 cup = 4 points. These have the good kind of fat.

But, the real cure is what you are doing earlier in the day.

Bigger breakfast.

Eat breakfast like a king,

lunch like a prince,

and dinner like a pauper.

Old rule: If you are have a problem now the time for the cure was hours ago...

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Guest DawnH

Im not hungry enough to eat in the morning like a king...... I eat a bowl of cereal (usually shredded wheat) and Im full......Then at lunch I take the brunt of my point and try to pack in the rest of them for supper w/ an icecream treat later.....

So CW, I did a bad thing last night didnt I? :bcb_mad2

It's not the worst thing. :bcb_wink3 I know many , many ways to have a worse evening....:bcb_bigsm

Eating in the morning will be a positive habit you will have to work on.. It is a cure for the question you have presented.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

It was a good idea hiding the scale. Scales lie. They tell you you're fat when you're really building muscle. They tell you you're failing when you're really ahead of the game. They tell you your effort isn't worth it. Don't believe them. Believe your tape measure. Believe the stopwatch that says how long and how fast you can run. Believe your clothes when they fit better. Believe your friends when they say how great you look.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

I think you need to work on separating morals & eating - eating more at dinner or less at breakfast is not "bad" - its just a choice that you made that will lead to certain results. Maybe, those results aren't what you want, so you make a different choice next time. You can't beat yourself up over every little perceived imperfection - you'll burn out.

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I'm a mostly lurker, trying to come out of hiding! I just want to say that this is an excellent thread, filled with terrific advice. :bcb_bravoThanks to all of you who share your success with those of us still getting there.

Aimee

weight.png

BlueTeamSig.jpg

Dawn,

30 lbs in 12.5 weeks!!!! You should be proud of yourself instead of mad!!! You are doing great!!!

I think it is very important for you to know how many points you should be eating everyday..it seems like you still aren't really for sure...

To determine you daily points target:

1) Take the first two digits of what you weigh (For you 28 sicne you weigh 288)

2) Are you female? Add 2 pts

Are you male? Add 4 pts (Now you are up to 30)

3) How old are you?

17-26....Add 4 pts

27-37....Add 3 pts

38-47...Add 2 pts

48-58..Add 1 pts

Over 58...Add 0 pts ( 30 plus____=_____)

4) How Tall are you?

Under 5'1"...Add 0 pts

5'1" to 5'10"..Add 1 pts

5'10 and up...Add 2 pts (Total of 3+____=_____)

5) How do you spend most of your workday?

Sitting down (ex. office worker)...Add 0 pts

Occassionally sitting, but mainly standing (ex sales person, mom)..Add 2 pts

Walking most of the time (ex postal carrier).....Add 4pts

Doing physically hard work (ex construction worker)...Add 6 pts

(Total of 4+ ____=_____)

6) if you are nursing mom,

Soley breastfeeding...Add 10 points

Supplementing w/some solids or formula.....Add 5 points

PLUS You get 35 flexpoints a week...

PLUS you get your Weekly Activity points...

With your Activity Points you don't have to eat them on the day you use them just within the week you earn them. So if you exercise late, you don't have to eat them that night! (I double checked this in the week 2 book just to be sure, AP's carry over day to day but not week to week)

I let my body judge how much I need to eat and when....I usually eat 4 pts for breakfast (since I am not so hungry), around 8 for lunch and about 20 for dinner (4 pts for milk, 16 for dinner)..I use my Weekly Flex points for snacks (if I need them) or to spurge(birthdays, holidays, or something I have been really craving that is high in points) . I may use 15 Weekly points in one day, or none just depending on what my body is telling me and what is going on in my life. I have had days where I can barely reach my points target and other days where I am starving and used 20 flex points....You can also use points for things like peanut butter, nuts, full fat version of salad dressings if you are having trouble getting all your points in!!

With that said you need to tell hunger from stress/emotion...Make sure you are really hungry before you head to the fridge!!!

And try to celebrate those non-scale victories such as smaller pants and smaller measurements...If you really need the visuals trying taking progress pictures so you can "see" the difference or make up a chart to celebrate the days OP or how much exercise or a smaller size or losing an inch....

I know you are frustrated..I've been there done that...sometimes our bodies just need to take a break from losing for a while but eventually all your hard work will pay off if you just stay OP!!!!

Hope this helps!

Trish :salut

OP since 1/5/2013 SW: 265.2 lbs CW: 247.0 lbs This week: -0.4 lbs Total Lost: 18.2 lbs Meet 5% Goal, Moving towards 10% goal of 239.2 lbs! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Guest DawnH

CW, I grew up in Milwaukee......Just off of 60th and Burleigh over by Capital Court. HAHA..Small world we live in!!

Guest DawnH

Trish, OMG do you mean to tell me I am suppose to eat 36 pts????? Omg, I can hardly get in the 31 I am sitting at now.....:bcb_sick:

Like you, I eat small in the morning, just not hungry....However, would LOVE some MCD Bagel in the morning NUMMY.... I usually get about 4-6pts in the morning, lunch varies and dinner is the pick up the rest (which sometimes I still cant get them in) So, after taking everything in, I think I know how to get all the points in so at supper (or whenever I can actually eat something) I'm not shovelling in the food. I have 100cal snack pks that I will snack on during the day (I work as a teller in a bank)So like tonight, I will have 10 pts left after I am done with work, then I will workout and have APs for tomorrow....How can I find out what points I am banking for AP? Is there a formula I can use and how can I tell what level I am working out at, I mean when I workout, IMO I am dying......But the reality is, it really isnt much of anything......

I am starting to catch on.....I really cant thank you all enough for the advice support.......Big loves goes out to you all:buddysmoo