Health Discovery Network
Guest DawnH

SO frustrated I cant stand myself!

Dawn, Sweetie...you have to stop beating yourself up...you have come so far in such a short time! You need to pat yourself on the back instead of kicking yourself in the butt. I am on week 76 of being on WW and I have had many ups and downs along the way (my weightloss graph looks like an ecocardiogram that measures heartbeats!) You need to get your brain out of the scale-hell diet mentality and start telling yourself that you are making a lifestyle change...and cut yourself some slack! Everybody is different so you should not compare yourself to others...and please become buddies with your measuring tape as well...so that when your scale is pi$$ing you off, take out the measuring tape and look at the progress in inches rather than lbs and ALWAYS remember that muscle you gain can counter the fat you've lost, but it takes up much less space on your body...Try not to worry so much about points and more about what your are putting into your body...Good healthy food can cost more points sometimes than "Fat-free" this and low-calorie that...SUGAR is your biggest enemy as it can get into your body unchecked as you are too worried about fat and calories...Sugar can make you fat and sick...beware!

Good luck honey...and treat yourself to a nice pedicure or manicure or massage once in awhile...regardless of what the scale says...you are worth it (Sorry...it just fit!)

weight.png

NJ Lifer!

Well..as it turned out...I had to listen to my own advice yesterday as the scale jumped up 3lbs! I felt exactly the same way you have been. I had a little meltdown and then I thought about what I told you in my last post and was able to calm down (also thanks to my husband). So the weightloss journey isn't all rainbows and butterflies...there are some hard days, weeks, but if you persevere, you will win...so will I!

Hope this helps...take care.:bcb_wink3

NJ Lifer!

Well..as it turned out...I had to listen to my own advice yesterday as the scale jumped up 3lbs! I felt exactly the same way you have been. I had a little meltdown and then I thought about what I told you in my last post and was able to calm down (also thanks to my husband). So the weightloss journey isn't all rainbows and butterflies...there are some hard days, weeks, but if you persevere, you will win...so will I!

Hope this helps...take care.:bcb_wink3

Isn't is amazing when you hear your own advice come back to you?

Such wisdom. :bcb_up

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Dawn,

I'm always able to eat a large breakfast so can't empathize with your non-hunger at that time, however, you can bump up your breakfast points and still have a small meal. Eat a higher point cereal, use whole milk, add some dried fruit and/or nuts to your cereal. 36 points is quite a few to consume in one day, and may seem impossible to you at this point, but once you learn how to tweak your meals to make them higher in points (regular cheese, reg. salad dressing, etc. instead of fat free or low-fat), I predict that it won't be too long before you'll be re-tweaking to the lower calorie/fat choices to stretch those points - because some day it may feel like there aren't enough points available to you.

The beauty of your earned AP's is that they are now bankable - you don't have to consume them all in the day that you earned them. So, you don't need to worry about trying to stuff tons in right before bed.

~Kristi~

Just as there are no longer "Flex or Core" plans, I just wanted to make sure you understood about the AP's NOT needing to be eaten the same day earned. I earn just over 35 APs in an average week, so those get used AFTER my 35 "extra" points. I have yet to blow through all 70 extra points in one week. WW online, when you do your journalling, will deduct the weekly 35 BEFORE touching the activity points.

Everyone on the same page?

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Guest DawnH

Okay, I still cant find anything to answer this ?...

How can I find out what points I am banking for AP? Is there a formula I can use and how can I tell what level I am working out at, I mean when I workout, IMO I am dying......But the reality is, it really isnt much of anything to some people.......I do my WiiFit every night...I do my Fitness Coach in the morning (usually..But there are those days when sleep becomes more important) so how do I know what to bank for AP points?

Laurdee: I dont know the names of the plans, but from what everyone has been telling me on this thread, I caught on to the "extra points" thing and the "AP points" thing.... I was also informed I havent been taking in enough points apparently.... So I am trying to adjust that. My BIG ? is the one above....

Also, some good news to come out of my frustration (that has since calmed down).... With my Fitness Coach, every week it makes you do a "physical Challange" which is where she re-evaluates your progress...WELLLLLLLLLLL........ I lost a little bit of weight but my measurements got better and my stamina is much improved, my leg strength is @ 100% I am almost at 100% for girl pushups...So I am seeing improvement just not seeing the #'s on the scale like I would like too....But like everyone has said to me in here, it will come...So I am trying to wait...

To earn an Activity Point one must burn 100 calories.

A food Point is Approx. 50 calories.

That makes it safe to eat them.

My advice would be to get to one WW meeting and get the books. That will give you the best most upto date info on the program.

You will also get a Slide Rule calculator with instructions on how to figure AP's.

A simple way to do it is to give your self 2 Points for 30 Minutes work. Its a good rule of thumb method and avoids the stress of formulas and slide rules.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Ditto what CW said. Go to one meeting, and you'll have the tools you need including the slider to calculate points for food items and exercise.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Did you try the website? It may have some tools that you can figure out what your AP's are on there...otherwise go with CW's formula if you can't get to a meeting...at least it's something...and I am glad that you had a couple of victories off the scale...even I am having to remind myself that the scale is NOT all that!

weight.png

NJ Lifer!

A simple way to do it is to give your self 2 Points for 30 Minutes work. Its a good rule of thumb method and avoids the stress of formulas and slide rules.

CW

That's a good rule of thumb, CW, but would I be correct in suggesting to give yourself only 1 Point if you don't sweat at all, and 3 Points if you start sweating within 3-5 minutes? (per 30 minutes of activity) So 30 minutes of a slow stroll around the mall may earn you 1 Point, 30 minutes of a brisk walk may earn you 2 Points, and 30 minutes of running may earn you 3 Points. It's probably not exactly the WW formula, but also a pretty good guideline.

Dawn, you're saying that you feel like you're killing yourself with your exercise while others may not think it's hard at all. First off... don't push TOO hard! We don't want you killing yourself! And secondly... That's OK! I've been doing pretty intense workouts for about 6 months. I got more points for them when I started because they were more strenuous for me. As I've lost weight, and the exercises got a little easier (just a little! The instructors keep upping things!), I don't earn quite as many activity points.

So basically, if you were to do the exact same exercise (say a one hour brisk walk) during your whole weight loss journey, you may earn 6 points in the beginning because a brisk walk may be really strenuous! After a while, it may get easier and you don't sweat as much, so you may only earn 4 points. Then, it gets to where a one hour brisk walk is super easy and you really don't sweat much at all. That would earn you 2 points. Same exercise, but fewer points as it gets easier for you!

That's why I think it's good to use how quickly/how much you sweat as an added guide.

Someone please correct me if I'm way off here! I'm certainly no expert! (yet! :bcb_LOL:)

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

Also, some good news to come out of my frustration (that has since calmed down).... With my Fitness Coach, every week it makes you do a "physical Challange" which is where she re-evaluates your progress...WELLLLLLLLLLL........ I lost a little bit of weight but my measurements got better and my stamina is much improved, my leg strength is @ 100% I am almost at 100% for girl pushups...So I am seeing improvement just not seeing the #'s on the scale like I would like too....But like everyone has said to me in here, it will come...So I am trying to wait...

AHA! Well there you go! BRAVO!!!:bcb_happy

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

Are you getting in all the Good Health Guidelines? They use up a bunch of points. As soemone else said, you could use whole milk with the idea that as you continue to lose weight -and points-you can switch to 2% and then 1%. Peanut butter and nuts are good choices to take up points but give you some fat and protein.

I agree with the others who suggested you get to a meeting and get the correct information.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

That's a good rule of thumb, CW, but would I be correct in suggesting to give yourself only 1 Point if you don't sweat at all, and 3 Points if you start sweating within 3-5 minutes? (per 30 minutes of activity) So 30 minutes of a slow stroll around the mall may earn you 1 Point, 30 minutes of a brisk walk may earn you 2 Points, and 30 minutes of running may earn you 3 Points. It's probably not exactly the WW formula, but also a pretty good guideline.

Dawn, you're saying that you feel like you're killing yourself with your exercise while others may not think it's hard at all. First off... don't push TOO hard! We don't want you killing yourself! And secondly... That's OK! I've been doing pretty intense workouts for about 6 months. I got more points for them when I started because they were more strenuous for me. As I've lost weight, and the exercises got a little easier (just a little! The instructors keep upping things!), I don't earn quite as many activity points.

So basically, if you were to do the exact same exercise (say a one hour brisk walk) during your whole weight loss journey, you may earn 6 points in the beginning because a brisk walk may be really strenuous! After a while, it may get easier and you don't sweat as much, so you may only earn 4 points. Then, it gets to where a one hour brisk walk is super easy and you really don't sweat much at all. That would earn you 2 points. Same exercise, but fewer points as it gets easier for you!

That's why I think it's good to use how quickly/how much you sweat as an added guide.

Someone please correct me if I'm way off here! I'm certainly no expert! (yet! :bcb_LOL:)

Your thinking is right on :bcb_up but I like is simple.

Stressing over a point may earn a point :bcb_bigsm

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Wow...what a plethora of advice you now have Dawn...I hope all this helps...but the biggest thing is to not be so hard on yourself...I need to do the same...we have to be our own best friend too.

NJ Lifer!

Guest DawnH

You guys have NO idea how wonderful you are....Really....

I am going to go to my first trial meeting next Wednesday and if I can swing it, I will start going to the meetings regularly.....It cant hurt....

I didnt workout on Monday night, I did on Tuesday and yesterday for a couple hours....I went and got a balance ball.....OUCH:bcb_sick: That is a very mean piece of equiptment......Didnt seem so bad when I was doing it but today......HELLO ALEVE and LOTSSSSS of it....Its terrible....So we will go back to that tomorrow maybe....

I am not beating myself up like I was......I am taking it day by day...If its ment to be, it will happen, if it isnt, then it will go slower...I was hoping that I would be down to 265-270 by the time I leave on my motorcycle trip to Tennesse in June, but I dont see it happening and thats okay....I just wanted the weight off to maybe help my back as i was riding...but I know it will be better now than it was last year going to the Dakotas....

Am taking a weekend away from the house for the first time since I started my journey and am a little nervous on how I will handle it....But I know I will make good choices and avoid my norm.

Will keep you posted and I am running with the AP ideas you all said...And I sweat my A^& off so WOOHOO, I am on it!!

Lunch break is over......Talk to you all soon!!

HUGS!!

Dawn

Hey Dawn, glad to hear you're in better spirits...I love the meetings...well except for last one...but that was a personal thing...I took the advice I gave you and we'll see how this Saturday goes...hopefully there won't be any 11lb Lifetimers this week, ha lol!:bcb_grin

This is a journey we are on and sometimes we take the fast track and sometimes we take the slow scenic route...and then there are the detours, ha ha ha! Let's take this journey one step at a time...you only live once...or is it twice? Ha ha ha ha:bcb_grin

Take care and keep us posted!

NJ Lifer!

Good luck with the meeting. I love meetings. It's so much fun and I love hearing what people are doing around our community.

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far