Health Discovery Network
jenib

Weekend April 4th and 5th

It's saturday morning and I'm hungry. I got a small head ache somewhere in the middle of the day yesterday which grew progressively worse. Finally last night I threw up everything I ate like the whole day. I feel better today, just tired. I may need to go to a doctor, it's been a weird week.

Deedee- Thank you! I feel much better than I did at the beginning of last week. I think some non-weight issues were tied to the weight.

Kimberly- I think if you're 10 lbs under the top healthy weight for WW and you're having such a struggle losing weight it may be your body's way of telling you that you're at your weight. You look great. I think you should really contemplate how badly you need to lose the other weight you would like to lose. You have a very healthy lifestyle and that's the goal.

Trudie- I'm glad you're son is doing well...and you're right the thread has been quiet for a while.

blk-weight.png

Good Morning! :wave:

We slept in a bit here this morning (by "we", I mean me & DH) so no spin class for me. DH is off for a church service this morning that overlaps with Claire's last art class so we'll have to walk her there. It's a 3 mile return walk and it's super windy out there today so it will be interesting. I hope the dog doesn't get blown away! LOL :crazy: Claire wants to do a FIRM workout with me so we'll get one in there! We don't really have any afternoon plans at this point so we'll see how the spirit moves us later on!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Jeni- Feel better buddy! I agree with you and I'm working on it. I think I've got some kind of passive-aggressive thing going on because I know I don't *need* to lose more weight but I *want* to lose more weight. And then whenever I get hungry, that devil sits on my shoulder and tells me that the angel is stupid for making me hungry when I could be eating more and maintaining my weight. However, what's been happening is the devil and angel action has just resulted in lots of yoyo'ing on the scale up and down the same pounds. I need to poop or get off the pot on this as I need to either just stick with losing the weight or else I need to stick with maintaining. Gaining and losing over and over isn't a healthy lifestyle to have (even if it's just the same 5lbs over and over). I'm focusing right now on dealing with my post-exercise hunger levels and once I start tackling things systematically, I should come up with a total package that works for me going forward. I find I have to *constantly* tweak my program to get it to work for me. What works one week doesn't work another week and it's keeping me on my toes more than it ever has in the past!! :crazy:

Kimberley

Happy Saturday!

Such a lovely day...so far. This afternoon, we are supposed to have winds from 40-60 mph and blowing dust. I finished my walks with the dogs and watering the bedding plants, so I'm in for the day.

I went to WW this morning but didn't weigh-in. This week of injuries has kept me from exercising and I know I overate a few times. I didn't want to face a + on the scale. (wimp!) So, after the meeting, I came home & returned to Program. I probably gained less than a pound, but I still hate that + sign and get depressed. And, I am completely aware that I give too much power to the scale.

This will be a busy week as we are attempting a one-week trip starting next Saturday. So, I'm going to be cooking up healthy meals that we can take and getting things prepped.

Kimberley, I have to agree with Jeni, but only you know how you feel in your body and whether or not the work to lose more weight is important to you. So, you're having big winds, also. I made sure that the dogs got their walks early. One of my dogs hates to go out in the high winds and will look up at me as if he is trying to say, "Why, pray tell, are we out in this wind? I want to go home where I'm comfy and no dust gets in my eyes."

Jeni, I hope you are totally over the bug or whatever you had! Ick! Headaches and throwing up....not fun! Take care!

Cindy, I'm thinking of you.

See you all later!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

It's FREAKIN COLD out there! WIndy, this morning it snowed, just a bit, raining, pouring, the old man is snoring....oh, sorry, I got carried away.

Whew.... And, now, I've got to go out there again, and do my dad's shopping, and a bit of running for us!

I went to my usual Abs class, then right after, they started a "cardio kick" class...kicked MY butt, let me tell you!! I was dripping wet! Felt good though. Used that as my cardio for the day!

Then, I took my dgd to Temple to her girlfriends Bat Mitzvah service. My dgd's Bat Mitzvah is in 3 weeks, so this was good for her to see...see exactly what really goes on! Very scary!! I don't know if any of you have ever been, but it's a LOT, and I do mean a LOT, of hard work for the kids (oh, yeah, and their parents!)

Anyhow, I've got to finish eating, and get a move on!

See ya later,

L:bcb_salut

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Hi Buddies,

It's been an OP day, and I will end my day OP! DH and I went out for breakfast. I had a whole wheat english muffin/jelly and 1 poached egg. They accidentally brought my 2 poached eggs, but I left the second one. I knew I was meeting a friend for lunch so I didn't want to eat any extra points at breakfast. We ate at Applebee's so I had a WW meal there. I had the grilled chicken portabello minus the portabello. It was good and satisfying.

Kimberley~Good for you getting to sleep in a little!

Jeni~Glad you are feeling better!

DeeDee~Sometimes it's better for us mentally to skip the scale. Good for you going to the meeting and getting OP!

Laurie~Good job on the exercise and that loooong run of yours last week.:bcb_up

Cindy~Thinking of you and missing you. Take care of yourself buddy.

Hello to all that follow. Have a great evening.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I just went back and re-read Cindy's post from last week. Just want you to know we're all thinking of you Cindy. Write when you can. We can be here for you just to give a hug if you need it.

L

Author unknown

Guest healthydays

Hi Buddies.

Did my errands today and bought the last minute things to take on the trip. Tomorrow I'll pack when I get back from church.

DS had to watch a docu-drama this week for school and he recommended it to us so yesterday I picked up Ali starring Will Smith. I had never heard of it but we all watched it yesterday afternoon. It was really interesting because I remember Muhammad Ali very well from when he was still boxing. I was very young but I remember how much my mother liked him. The movie was excellent because it was really a commentary about what was going on in the world at that time and how Ali reacted to things. I never knew a lot of the politics that were involved.

Walked for exercise today. The weather got a bit warmer but very humid. Cloudy but not threatening rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

Deedee- All you can do about a gain is just keep on going like you would have if you hadn't seen it. It's hard I know. I'm up 1.4, but it won't get me!

Laurie- Keep up the good work.

Trudie- Impressive, good job ;)

healthydays- Great job getting the walk in.

Great news. I searched the whole day for a confirmation dress for next Saturday and spent six hours finding a lot of stuff I won't be able to wear at goal or stuff that would be totally inappropriate for church or stuff that no one would wear, or beautiful things in light shades of purple, pink and green not available in red. (I thought these were the Easter colors to begin with?) So finally, I went back to J C Penney's my safety store and found an okay dress 2 sizes to small, so I decided to try it anyhow and it worked wonderfully well. I'm down 2 sizes and it's a petite. I'm short but usually can't wear a petite due to the fact that they tend to be smaller everywhere. Woo-hoo down 2 sizes.

blk-weight.png

GOOD JOB, JEN!! WooHoo!!

When I was getting dressed, yesterday to take dgd to Temple, it never dawned on me tro make sure I had some slacks that fit!:bcb_blush The only pair of black that I had were too big, but I had to wear them anyhow (because we were getting ready to leave!:bcb_huh:) What a great feeling, though. I bought those in September, and remember being so happy with the size!! TOO BIG! YIPPEE!!

Oh, and we all love compliments, right? yesterday, during abs class, my instructor (who is this tiny, firm bundle of energy) commented on how "small my hips were"!! Never in my life did I ever think of MY hips as SMALL!!:bcb_up

So, what's everybody got planned for today? the sun is shining so bright here, that I'm thinking of running outside. Still cold though. I'll wait an hour and see. (I'll also check the weather channel!) Maybe I'll run later in the afternoon. I like to get it out of the way, but I really don't want to run on the TM when it's going to be nice out!!

See you later then:bcb_salut

Author unknown

First, congratulations to you, Laurdee and Jenib, for needing smaller sizes! What a wonderful feeling that is! Right now I'm just starting to try on some of my last summer's capris, etc. and am pleased that they don't have that usual slightly-too-tight feel to them, as they usually shrink a bit over the winter. :bcb_wink3 And, although I stayed the same this week, I've not returned to the 140's in 5 weeks. (I'm short too, and I agree Jenib, sometimes it's frustrating that the petites which I need for length purposes are just a little tighter than the regular sizes.)

And, healthydays, interesting about the movie Ali. I should be more receptive to going to movies with themes that I think I'm too familiar with, having lived through the times. I hadn't thought about all the back-story that is probably very eye-opening.

I've read here most days, but not posted much. It's been a busy time. We have a new granddaughter! Emma Violet now has a new baby sister, Ruby Grace. She's just 10 days old, and so beautiful. So hard to believe that my little boy has two little girls!

Now all he needs is a new job. (Laurdee, you don't know anyone who is looking for an electrical engineer with a Masters degree and 11 years experience, huh?!?) Jim has been with Mittel Steel (first Bethlehem) for 11 years, but they are closing here. Another one bites the dust in Buffalo. He has been told that he is a good fit for a company he interviewed with, but right now....the economy.

It is a beautiful sunny day, and DH said he thinks it's supposed to warm up a little, so maybe you'll get that run in outside. I have to see what he wants to do about dinner since today's his birthday. I'm all for going out, but if we do it will probably be Lebro's, and I'll get broiled fish as usual. If not, maybe I'll make salmon at home. I want a loss this week!

Have a great day, everyone.

Charlene

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Susie- Congrats on the new grand kid. I have a little cousin named Emma Grace. Your posting just made me think about that. As for your son in the ee field, it's hard right now. My dh is also an ee he's making way less money than he should be but has great job security. You might tell your son to check into gov. jobs. They don't pay as much, but health insurance is great, time off is great, and I think they are adding fed jobs right now in an effort to bring up the economy.

blk-weight.png

Good Afternoon! :wave:

We took a family walk this morning and are listening to an audiobook right now. The kids want to do a FIRM or WATP workout after lunch. Later this afternoon, we're meeting up at my parents'. DH & the kids are going to fish in the river and mom & I are going to walk on the pathway by the river. Pretty laid-back day here!

Susie- I'm sorry about DH losing his job. My DH is an EE as well. He works for a software development company in LA (we live in Canada). What kind of work was your DH doing?

Jeni- Great news about the dress!! My DH is making a lot less than he did "back in the day". The 2002 tech crash was just as bad for engineers as the current crash is for the population at large. It took my DH almost a year to find another job. He used to be a senior VP in a start-up that was slated to go public the week of 9/11! We've shed enough tears over the money we lost when the company failed and are just thankful that DH was able to find another job because a lot of engineers didn't!!

Laurie- Woo-Hoo on getting too small for your britches!!

HD- I haven't seen that movie yet but I intend to eventually!!

Trudie- Great planning to make the day balance out!!

Deedee- Good for you to realize that you didn't need to see the number on the scale. Hopefully things will be different next week and you have a big drop!! I've got my work cut out for me this week after the bad choices I've made this week! :bcb_down

Kimberley

It is SO beautiful outside, I just got my run in!! the sun was shine, a little too much breeze for me, but I did it. Ran 3.25!:bcb_grin Now, for the shower! then I've got to pick up my MIL (wish me luck) and take her to Macy's for a couple of outfits for the Bat Mitzvah. She doesn't think it's necessary, but I do!! No way is she wearing something old and crapped up!! I'll be nice, but really. This is an important occasion, and who cares if she'll never wear it again!:bcb_huh:

OK, gotta go shower!

Oh, Charlene! We should meet at Libros!! I haven't been in a while, and I need some salad dressing! congrats on the new grandbaby!! How exciting (I want another one!:bcb_up)

Oh, never mind...DH just called, he's working a "double"...OT! No dinner out for me tonight!

Author unknown

KimberleyW, it's my son who's in need of a job, and is in process control. DH is retired. Actually, DS had hope initially that he might be able to get a position in a company he visited through Mittel in Burlington, ON. At least I think it was Burlington and not Hamilton. Anyway, he thought commuting could work for a while anyway since we're so close to the border. But, he said that was out since the economic picture wasn't any better there, and any potential openings would go to Canadian citizens first, as is understandable.

He could stay with Mittel if they wanted to relocate to Indiana. As a last resort they would do that, but he said if he needs to relocate he's hesitant to stay with the steel industry. Too shaky. Anyway, he got a decent separation package, and has health insurance for a year, so we're praying, and hoping things pick up a little soon.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Things are going well here today! I got all 3 kids doing the FIRM workout with me in the basement-- even though Claire was the only one who stuck with me the whole time! LOL We're doing baths/showers right now and then heading over to see my parents!

Charlene- Sorry about the mix-up! I see the D's and don't always check what letter is after it!! :bcb_blush Yeah, the commute between Buffalo and Toronto would be HORRENDOUS. He'd been look at hours both way (the border crossing there is majorly backed up and traffic around there is always a parking lot). And then to add in the citizen/resident factor when there are so many Canadians out of work these days. I hope things work out for him!

Laurie- I guess you have to be careful what you wish for-- it sounds like DH is away a bit too much now! LOL

Kimberley

Kim, he's still planning on retiring in July, so I'll "enjoy" the solitude while I can:bcb_wink3 I simply don't know what to do for dinner tonight!! With my CHEF being away and all....gotta fend for myself, I s'pose:bcb_blush

Author unknown

Guest healthydays
All you can do about a gain is just keep on going like you would have if you hadn't seen it.

Jen's words are so true. I think I'm going to print them out and put them up near my scale. If only I had always followed them......

Laurie -- Are you sure you're not taking my mother shopping? Boy she sure sounds like my mother.

I wish I had words of advice for well educated, well qualified people out of jobs. When I was a kid I remember being told time and again.......get a good education...work hard...and your financial future will be guaranteed. It's so unfair that this isn't true anymore. We have seen too many friends lose jobs through no fault of their own.

It's raining here today but warmer and extremely humid. Tomorrow morning we are off first thing on our trip so I won't post again until after Friday night. I have no idea what we will be eating on the trip because we are a service group and all meals are not organized by us. I packed some dried fruit and a whole bag of Fiber One bars and some other breakfast bars to have on hand just in case. I plan to do OK this week and will do everything in my power to have it become so.

See you next week. I'll be thinking of all of you.

Hi Buddies,

Had DGD overnight last night and then DS/DIL came over for lunch. It was a nice day. But I did need a little nap this afternoon. It's been an OP day. I just finished making some pumpkin muffins, steel cut oats, and I have 1 point chili cooking. I love that stuff!

The weekend went fast. It's back to work tomorrow.

Hve a good evening buddies.

Trudie

I got a walk in while dh did sunday school. I'm still feeling run down. I'm going to buy some tylenol cold and flu tonight and see if that helps. I'm having zero point soup for supper, same as last night. I think dividing my WPA up ahead of time and alotting them to specific days is helping. My points started over yesterday and as long as I finish today on plan (which I plan to do) I'll have half my WPA left for the week, which usually isn't the case. Home scale is showing me down a few pounds but I'm not sure it's a true loss since I've been sick for a couple of days now.

Healthydays- You know your point about working hard getting an education and getting a job--I was out of school for a year and a half before I got a job, so I agree that this is no longer true. But the worse part about it is like you said people are losing jobs through no fault of their own and ppl who wreally shouldn't be employed get away with doing nothing! What's happened to America?

blk-weight.png

Good Evening!

Thank you all so much for the thoughts, and shout outs. :buddysmoo I came by to read and check up on you buddies a couple of times and saw them all.

I'm finally ready to come back and get back on track with the program. This past week has been just awful; I haven't exercised at all and didn't journal. This past weekend was the ultimate in "horribleness" as I practically binged through both days. Not exactly behavior becoming of a Delta Force buddy. My plan to dig out of this hole is to post everyday for accountability. Even if I'm not feeling chatty and upbeat, I will still post if I have been OP (or not). I will also do some form of exercise everyday both as part of being OP and also for anger management purposes. I will again journal every morsel of food. When I feel like stuffing my face instead of dealing with my emotions properly, I will first try some vigorous exercise and then munch on carrot sticks if I still need something to crunch on.

What happened was this: It finally came to my attention that for the past year DH was not collecting a paycheck from his company, but was instead letting it accrue. They did some really bad deals, but he still wanted to give the company a chance. The problem kept getting bigger and bigger and then DH just couldn't find a way to tell me. He ended up writing checks from our homequity line and depositing them into our checking acct like he was getting paid. He has now worked out a deal and is getting paid again, but getting this past year's worth of salary is going to be very slow-going, potentially lucrative, but I'll believe that when I see it!

Fortunately, my dad left me some money so I can pay off the homequity, but that is certainly NOT what I intended to do with the money, needless to say! DH assures me that everything will be fine and this will all be paid back, but the money is only one part of this whole issue. I'm so furious! I don't know what to do with all this anger that I have right now. Talk about feeling deceived... I honestly don't know what I'm going to do longterm. I'm just taking one day at a time and figuring out what I want to do.

Obviously, it's a very tense situation around here right now and I've just been stuffing my face in response, but that is stopping now. It's time to get my game-face back on and stop being a victim. I've also learned my lesson about letting someone else deal with the finances. I've been very, very foolish.

So, it's been a very tough year with DS and his issues, my mom's bout with cancer, my dad's death and now THIS. But, I'm tough, too. In time, I'll figure out what is the right thing for me to do. In the meantime though, I will stay OP as I need to start feeling in control somewhere, and that is a very good place to start!

Thanks for being listening, buddies!

Cindy, It's so nice to see you here!:bcb_smile I am so sorry about what you are having to deal with right now. Hugs my buddy. I would be furious too. You are right, you do need to figure out how to work through this anger. It can not get the best of you. If you can, try to find something positive in all this and hold on to that as you work through this.

I am glad you have a plan in place. Just take one day at a time. As you said, you are tough, you WILL get through this. We are here for ya!

Trudie

First, Cindy, ****************{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

You're right about one thing. You ARE strong. and, you've learned that eating will NOT solve your problems. Actually, as again I'm sure you've learned, that will only ADD to it. Because on top of the problem, now you're mad at yourself for eating BECAUSE of it. So, stop that behavior right now. It's not going to help you in any way.

There's really nothing I can say about the issue with dh, because I'm not in your shoes. I can't give advice, I can only offer friendship. We're here for you, and sometimes just getting it all out is a help. Scream, rant, rave, whatever you need to do. We're here for you. It's something you and your dh will have to work on...the trust issue.

But, for now, take a deep breath. You've worked so hard to become who you are today...to be WHERE you are today. Don't give that up. Don't give the food the power. YOU have the power.

You take care, we love you and want to help you.

Love, L

Night all!

Author unknown

HD- Have a great trip!

Laurie- I guess you'd better enjoy the OT while it lasts before retirement. Too bad about losing out on the house chef though. Maybe you can get him to cook in advance for you?! LOL

Trudie- Sounds like a great weekend!

Jeni- I hope you're feeling better and the scale stays down for your next WI!

Cindy- First off, can I take a selfish minute to say I'm glad you're back?! I've missed you. Claire wants to do FIRM workouts with me and I think about you *every* time I do one. Now I can talk to you every time I do one. Much better to talk to you!! :bcb_up Secondly, ((((hugs)))) I'm *so* sorry about the situation with DH. Man, I'd hit the roof as well. I think it's good you're going to be more involved with the finances. Personally, I'm anal that way. My DH likes to spend money and I like not having to work so it's a necessity for me to get all "bootcamp" with our expenditures! I'm sorry that you had to use the money from your dad to get out of this but hopefully DH's company will come through and you'll recoup all the losses! Does he have a plan in place to deal with the tax ramifications of collecting what could amount to a double salary this year?

Oh, and if it would help, do you want to exchange food journals via email? My address is: kjweaver@rogers.com I've had journal buddies off and on for years. I'm currently in between buddies right now! I do post my journal on the 100+ thread but participation comes and goes!

Kimberley