Health Discovery Network
KacyLynnRN

Easy & yummy high fiber muffin recipe?

Hi all,

I am pregnant and doing modified WW (maintaining/gaining slowly) and am looking for a high fiber muffin recipe that tastes great. I am open to any type of recipe (chocolate, fruit, bran, etc) and would like for each muffin to have 4 pts. or less each. Just something I could grab in the morning for breakfast that can add some yummy fiber to my diet. Thanks in advance!

Kacy

SW:263.5/CW:250.5/GW:159

weight.png

Here is one I got off of this board, but I can't remember who posted it, but it is an excellent and very filling muffin. Add a glass of milk and you have a great breakfast or even makes for a good snack. :bcb_bigsm

Pineapple Oat Bran Muffins

1 1/2 cups oat bran

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/4 cups nonfat milk

8 ounces crushed canned pineapple including juice

1/2 cup egg substitute

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 tablespoon baking powder

Mix together oat bran through egg subtitute and let sit for a few minutes while you mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry to wet and stir just to blend. Fill 12 muffin cups which have been sprayed with nonstick spray and bake at 350* about 20-22 minutes, til pick inserted comes out clean. 2 points per muffin.

You can add one or more of the following, but add the pts:

dried cranberries

dried cherries

fresh or frozen blueberries

Orange (rind and some juice)

chopped pitted dates

chopped nuts

Another favorite which adds no additional points is to sprinkle the tops before baking with a mixture of Splenda and cinnamon.

Note: I have tried the Orange with the rind and it was very good. I found adding the splenda and cinnamon onto a little too sweet for my taste, but you may enjoy it.

Di :wave:

YUM YUM YUM!!

I got 18 muffins out of this recipe and so they came out to 1 point each (used sparkpeople to calculate). I will for sure be making these again. I had 2 and it was a great breakfast.

~Amy~

Quit Smoking: 10/1/12 ~ For the last time!!