Health Discovery Network
Guest Ready2Achieve

Wow! Pts may be different then advertised!!

Guest Ready2Achieve

Wow! So this week I was in the grocery store and I was in the popcorn isle. To my surprise which I never saw was Jolly Time popcorn had popcorn that was weight watchers endused for 1 point so I picked up the butter one and the kettle popcorn. When I got home and opened up the packages to just look at then I realized that one pack was wayyy bigger then the other and I realized that the butter popcorn was 1pt per BAG and the kettle popcorn was 1pt per serving and in each of the kettle bags there was 2.5 servings which really was a 5pt bag of popcorn!! When I picked it up I was so happy to see WW 1pt I didnt realize one bag was 1pt per bag and the other was just 1pt per serving. Just goes to show that you really need to focus in on pt values and not just assume. Thank god I caught this! I would of been over for the night but since I realized I went for the 1pt bag and tossed the 5pt bag back in the cabinet and probably wont touch it for a lonnnggg timeeee haha

OMG!!! I should have checked the kettle corn. I knew it was too good to be true at 1 pt., which I thought was for the whole bag. I'll go back to Orville 94% FF butter for 4 pts. a bag.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

the kettle popcorn was 1pt per serving and in each of the kettle bags there was 2.5 servings which really was a 5pt bag of popcorn!!

If it's 1 per serving and 2.5 servings, wouldn't that be 2.5 points, not 5? Good point about checking the labels.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

If it's 1 per serving and 2.5 servings, wouldn't that be 2.5 points, not 5? Good point about checking the labels.

We know that 1+1 doesn't always equal 2. I just checked the NI for the kettle corn and it's 4 points for the entire bag (2.5 servings). Here's a link to the NI: http://www.jollytime.com/products/pop_corn/view?object=529

Darlene

RESTART 8/25/2012

Michael, I agree it tastes chemically. The only reason I got it to begin with was I thought it was 1 pt. for an entire bag. I have popcorn as a snack every night. I'm going to finish the kettle corn I have and not get any more, as I'm trying to eliminate splenda and artificial sweeteners from my diet. I really prefer Orville's 94% FF butter over this stuff.

Darlene

RESTART 8/25/2012