Health Discovery Network

Can anyone help me out here? I can't find my book at the moment and wanted to see if molasses was a core/simply filling food....logic tells me no, but wanted to double check. If it isn't can you give me the points?

TIA

Kim

Restart 02/25/2012 at 268

Molasses is not a Filling Food. One Tablespoon is one point.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

The last time I bought brown sugar was back in the day when it was on the Sticky Fingers album by the Stones. Seriously, you do know that if you have a jar of molasses, and white sugar, you don't need to buy any since white sugar +molasses = brown sugar.

Here is what wiki. says:

Brown sugar is a sucrose sugar product with a distinctive brown color due to the presence of molasses. It is either an unrefined or partially refined soft sugar consisting of sugar crystals with some residual molasses content or produced by the addition of molasses to refined white sugar.

Brown sugar contains from 3.5% molasses (light brown sugar) to 6.5% molasses (dark brown sugar).

So add less for light brown, more for dark brown.........

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org