Health Discovery Network
kayb85

Confused

Im recieving diffrent information about earing activity points from a few ladies that I met. One said that the activity points can be used on the day that you earn them but inorder to use those activity points you have to have used your entire 35 flex points.. so if exersize five days out of the week and I dont use all of my flex points then I dont eat my activity points I just keep eating out of my wpa's??? The other lady said that I could use my flex points and my activity points in the same day I just have to split my wpa's up by each day of the week (5 for each day) and eat those plus my activity points. Both of these sound funny to me.. I just dont know which one to do. I want to eat enough to make sure I keep my body's metabolism going but I dont want to over eat to slow my weight loss down. Right now Im earning 7 ap's a day but I only eat 5 and only if Im still hungry after that will I dip into my wpa's but Im usually not. I am only loosing 1.5 to 2lbs a week. Any ideas on what these two ladies had to say?? Which one am I suppose to be doing???:bcb_salutThanks in advance

weight.png

Begining Weight: 226

CW: 185

GW: 140

Height: 5'11

Start Date : 02/17/09 230lbs

Short term goal : 01/01/2010 165

Your friends are mixing two versions of the WW program.

This is great evidence that you need to get to a meeting and learn WW from the people that created it and not just pick up bits and pieces from well meaning but untrained friends.

If you are to be successful you need good information.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

You know I would love that but I just dont have the money like I did when I did it 5 years ago.My husbands hours have been cut from his job and we just had to sell one of our cars to make it financially. Not to put any one through a guilt trip but I thought that this site was to get straight up advise and support from those who have done weight watchers or are still doing it. Your right in the way that meetings would help..but my question wasnt realy anwered and quite frankly CW it seems to me like you dont realy like my threads or me which ever(not that you know me). You know I have tried to be active on this this website and i have gotten some realy good advice from some great people. and I thought that is what the sight was for. I wolnt ask for advice again if Its going to be a problem, CW. Just wanted a coupple of thoughts and opinons and a little support and maybe to gain a friend or two.

weight.png

No need to get stressed over it. While this is not an official WW site, many of the folks are also WW employees or franchisees, but you are far from the only one trying to do this independently. It's merely a stock answer that you would get better advice from official sources. Be patient and sooner or later a few of us civilians will chime in.

First, the weekly points allowance and activity points are two separate things. It's like having two jobs and getting two pay checks, your primary job and your second job. You can spend the WPA 35 pts in any way you please, it's your normal allotment. Take them 5 pts a day or 10 pts every other day or save them up and got nuts once a week. They're your entitlement whether you did any extra work or not.

APs are earned only by doing extra work, but they come with strings attached. It isn't a hard and fast rule, but in general you want to eat those extra pts on the day you earn them because you burned off the calories to get them. If you didn't use them this day, then the next for sure but don't save them up because the day you earn them is the day you need them to replenish your energy and being low on energy makes you weak and weakness turns into indulgence and indulgence has a way of turning into fat.

The other string attached is that when you get into mega-crazy workouts like I do, you can't award yourself a dozen of more APs in any day. You have to limit it to 4 extra on any one day or you'll go overboard.

Jack Berkery, Latham, NY, Sexagenarian Extraordinaire

visit my artwork web site at www.MohawkView.com

CW. I just want to say Im sorry for being a drama queen. Theres alot going on and at the time I read it I took your responce as being negitive rather than taking it exactly as it was which was you trying to help me. Responding to others too quickly is a problem that I need to work on, expecially if I want to make friends. I will welcome any advice as long as it is offered. I will sign up for a meeting and see if it works out if I can convince my husband to let me.

Thank you for being kind and offering great advice :)

Sorry for being a drama queen...im human ( and a woman).

Thank you every one for their advice on the ap's it has really helped.

K :salut

weight.png

Kay, ditto what Jack said. I think you're taking CW's comments too personal and the wrong way. CW is the kindest, wisest man on this board and means no ill-will, nor should his comments be received as attacking.

My $.02 that I'll add on this topic is WPAs and APs are in the same bank. When I earn APs, I add them to my WPA bank. I really don't pay attention to which I use first - the APs or WPAs. Use your WPAs/APs any way you wish. My weekly points reset on Saturday a.m., so I tend to use most of my WPAs on the weekend.

Hope that helps!

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Kay, you popped in as I was typing a response!

Glad you did not receive CW's comments as negative. Even if you can get to just one meeting, you'll get the latest materials which will help you on your journey.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Glad you did not receive CW's comments as negative. Even if you can get to just one meeting, you'll get the latest materials which will help you on your journey.

This is partially true. If you attend, and pay for, one meeting you will get the Week One book. This booklet explains the basics of the Momentum program. However it does NOT include information about:

Activity

SetPOINTS

Simply Filling Option

Those all come later in the program materials.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I just wanted to chime in here as well. I recently re-joined the WW online site and activity point usage has changed. No longer do you use them the same day you earn them. They are now banked and used after your WPA's. It seems really weird to me, so I just make sure I earn 35 AP's a week and use my WPA's as activity points.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

I still use my AP's first. I don't TOTALLY understand how it matters, but I like to make sure I eat enough points to replenish what I used up exercising. (Does that sentence even make sense!?! :bcb_bigsm)

For me, the Activity Points are like extra daily points that I use on proteins and carbs, while the 35 WPA's are for special treats like margaritas!

I didn't know about the maximum 4 activity points per day! One of the WW leaders at a staff meeting a week ago said that with her daily points, activity points, and 5 WPA's (she splits them up evenly over the week!), she gets 55 Points a day! I think she's using LOTS more activity points than 4!:bcb_huh:

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

I didn't know about the maximum 4 activity points per day! One of the WW leaders at a staff meeting a week ago said that with her daily points, activity points, and 5 WPA's (she splits them up evenly over the week!), she gets 55 Points a day! I think she's using LOTS more activity points than 4!:bcb_huh:

Arghhhh..... I didn't notice that earlier post with the mis-information about the limit of 4 APs. That is from a much, much older version of the program! There is NO limit.

Here is what the current WWer staff information says:

If I earn 7 activity POINTS values in the day, can I eat all 7?

Yes, but remember that activity POINTS values that are swapped for food POINTS values and eaten won’t contribute to weight loss because you’ve eaten the calories.

Is there a limit to the number of activity POINTS values that can be traded for extra food?

NO, but the average daily number of activity POINTS values earned in a day shouldn’t exceed 4 unless the member is under the supervision of an exercise professional. Furthermore, it’s never a good idea to be overactive in order to overeat. Activity POINTS values that are swapped for food and eaten won’t contribute to weight loss. (You’ve eaten the calories.)

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Hi Luanne and others-

Thanks for the clarification of APs. Just to muddy the waters a bit I would like to ask a question about the 35 WPA. I am a lifetime member from many years, and several versions of the program, ago. I recently gained a bit of weight so I am back to the basics. I re-read my WW information but am still a bit confused about whether or not it is optional to use these 35 WPA or not? If I want to lose a bit more quickly (as it's definately not as easy to lose weight now like it was 20 years ago) can I just stick to my 22 pts per day?

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

I re-read my WW information but am still a bit confused about whether or not it is optional to use these 35 WPA or not? If I want to lose a bit more quickly (as it's definately not as easy to lose weight now like it was 20 years ago) can I just stick to my 22 pts per day?

The use of the 35 WPAs is optional. However, not using them doesn't always result in a quicker weight loss. And, what does quicker mean anyway? My experience was that I used every point available while losing. By using them all it kept me more satisfied, I didn't feel deprived (and "diety") and that made it easier to stay on program. Also, when I got to goal I was able to continue using them since I'd been using them all along, and add it points to maintain. Oh yeah, I was in my 50's when I lost this time around. :bcb_bigsm But, you'll need to see what works best for you.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks for the reply Luanne. You brought up some very good thoughts about not feeling deprived and "diety".

I spent a little time thinking about why I didn't lose very quickly in the past even though "I was only eating my 22 pts" and I've come to realize that what I tend to do, in an attempt to stick within my 22 points, is eat an few extra bits and bites here and there but not account for them. On paper I look to be within my points but the truth is something a little, or on some days, a lot different. The extra points are a very healthy and natural way to lose weight, and really aren't extra.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140