Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
carolinaguy

anytime fitness?

Anybody have experience with this chain?

I was wondering if there treadmills and other cardio equip. is sturdy enough (weight rating) for a big guy like me.

weight.png

Anybody have experience with this chain?

I was wondering if there treadmills and other cardio equip. is sturdy enough (weight rating) for a big guy like me.

I would assume that if they are a public business they have to have commercial grade equipment and then you should be fine...I can't promise though.

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

I would assume that if they are a public business they have to have commercial grade equipment and then you should be fine...I can't promise though.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Now it's a matter of having the guts to go to a gym.

weight.png

Guest GOP_FTW
That's kind of what I was thinking. Now it's a matter of having the guts to go to a gym.

Carolina The gym I just joined let me have a free week pass to check the place out and see if I liked it before I joined (plus it is no contracts and open 24/7 So i can go whenever I want, which means i can go when noone else is there if i want to hide from people!)

So see if they have something like that there and then you can check it out yourself for free~!

carolina- we all have to start somewhere. Get your butt in their and get to work. When I started I sounded like a stampede of elephants on the treadmill but it didn't matter. I was doing my thing and I knew it was temporary. You're doing your thing, getting fit and you're moving down that scale!!!

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

You need to find out what brand and what model they use at that gym. Here's a good web site comparing brands at prices from $400 to $4000.

http://www.treadmilladviser.com/star-trac-pro-treadmill.html

There are 3 types of TMs, home, commercial and "commercial grade" for the home. The home TMs are rated for 250 lbs max but commercial TMs are rated for up to 500 lbs. "Commericial grade" is something in between.

Jack Berkery, Latham, NY, Sexagenarian Extraordinaire

visit my artwork web site at www.MohawkView.com

Anytime fitness is a good gym and depending on the time of day you go you may very well be the only person in the gym. There are three in my area and they all have nice treadmills and weight equipment. Check their website and look up your local club and they will have photos.

BlueTeamSig.jpg

Kevin

I'm not familiar with Anytime Fitness but I do know not to recommend any one to Bally's I learned the hard way that they don't honor contracts. Plus I found out later that the rep that signed my wife and I up threw in a little extra charge for him self. My experience with them has made me leery of joining another Jym.

Starting Weight: 240 on 9/25/2010

Current Weight:232.1 as of 10/23/2010

Goal Weight: 180

16494.png