Health Discovery Network
sjerseysetter

to WWCarol: something something tilapia....

Carol, I read that you like tilapia loins, how do you prepare them? I've got some in the freezer now and not sure what to do with them.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Hmmm, I thought a loin was a leg and I'm trying to figure out how a fish has a leg??:bcb_confu:bcb_wink3

Okay, so I googled and now I'm a bit embarassed....I really SHOULD know what a "loin" is...more like a hip, still not seeing how a fish has one though!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin but you are right. I went into the market and asked about tilapia forgetting the word 'loin', and said, "It's not the whole fish, just the best part." And the young guy said , Is it the Heart of tilapia? The Essence of Tilapia?? The shank of tilapia?

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

And the young guy said , Is it the Heart of tilapia? The Essence of Tilapia?? The shank of tilapia?

Really???? He said that??? Was he TRYING to be funny!!! That is hilarious!!!!:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Well, since I don't have any in my freezer right now...:bcb_cry:

I just use the directions on the bag. I think it's 350 degrees. 30-35 minutes, frozen to cooked.:salut

I put them on non-stick Reynold's wrap and oil the bottom and spray the tops with olive oil. Easy-sneezy. It's so good, I don't like flavorings...except for a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. :salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Nancy, I bumped some Tilapia recipes in Simply Filling Recipes

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Judy, Thank you!

Lynn, Yes he said that, Trader Joe's hire comedians. The last time I was there, my check out guy was positively manic!! Like a Robin Williams or Jim Carey, He remarked, " gee, I hope this caffeine kicks in soon........"

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

Well, since I don't have any in my freezer right now...:bcb_cry:

I just use the directions on the bag. I think it's 350 degrees. 30-35 minutes, frozen to cooked.:salut

I put them on non-stick Reynold's wrap and oil the bottom and spray the tops with olive oil. Easy-sneezy. It's so good, I don't like flavorings...except for a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. :salut:bcb_smile

Don't know if you saw this or not...:bcb_up

Carol, I did see it, but didn't realize it was cooking from frozen! DH likes fish plain and simple, I'll bet I could do that in the fish basket on our grill. Last time I bought tilapia, it was from ShopRite and had a coconut coating on it that oozed out grease, I really didn't like at all. I try new recipes all the time, and it's only lately that I write down and keep notes on my successes and failures.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

Yeah, I get the bag of tilapia loins from Costco. That way I pull out 2 and go from frozen-to-cooked in 30 minutes.

There is nothing "fishy" about tilapia. That's why most people like it soooooooooo much! :bcb_grin

And I'm very picky about fish. I won't eat Alaskan halibut. It has to be fresh off the Oregon coast.

And halibut used to be my fave.

But now it's tilapia...:bcb_smile:salut

(And I also love fresh salmon.:bcb_smile)

We like to put it in some foil...add some fresh tomatos, onions, cilantro, lemon...and any other veggies we happen to have....put some lemon pepper on it...

You can either cook it on the grill or put it in the oven. Delicious either way.

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Carol, DH and I were in Alaska and he went out fishing and long story short, we shipped 104 lbs of halibut home for around $3.00/lb.

I'm a mussels snob. I always ask where they are from. MUST be from Maine or north......on the East coast,, only please! we had some farmed mussels in Washington state, and they didn't cut it. Sorry.

I did read something about tilapia recently regarding limiting eating it because of some issues, maybe toxins? Don't remember.........it's always something.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

Fatima...sounds DELISH! :bcb_happy

Nancy, yes, after I discovered how MUCH I loved tilapia, now there are "concerns". :bcb_yuck:

Probably once every week or two weeks would be okay...Who knows for sure?...:bcb_worry