Health Discovery Network
Cinderella2b

Delta Force ~ Wednesday, 4/22

:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in??

Happy Earth Day! :bcb_smile

I'm sorry I've been MIA. With everything going on with DH's company and trying to figure out what the best course of action is, I've been much too stressed. We should decide in the next day or two if we are going with a lawyer to initiate a lawsuit, the Dept. of Labor route (which has serious limitations), the advice of our financial advisor, or some combination of the three! DH, along with our financial advisor, is working on a plan to get control/ownership of one of the companies which is fine on a go-forward basis, but we still need to figure out the best way to recoup the money owed to him.

:bcb_kick:So, I haven't been OP most days. It just seemed like one more stress that I didn't need to deal with. However, I know I've put on a couple of pounds as my clothes are getting tight again, and that's stressful too! I guess that I just have to pick my poison here! I would rather be stressed and thin, thank you very much :bcb_grin. I'm going to try really hard to get my groove back. Yesterday was the first day I exercised in a week. I will get on the treadmill again today. I think the biggest problem is journaling. To get more mindful of it, I'm bring it downstairs to leave on my desk (instead of my nightstand). I will try to write it as I bite it. :bcb_drill For the rest of the week, my plan is target + APs.

I've taken the time and read through all the posts that I've missed since last week.

Trudie, I'm glad you got a bike and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Thanks for posting the rules and the roll-call. I just posted the rules again as I obviously need to see them a bit more. :bcb_blush

Jeni, I hope your skin problem clears up soon, sounds miserable.

Deedee, I hope your hip problems disappear with further weight loss.

Denise - Congratulations on getting to goal. I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better.

Laurie- Sounds like you are having a great time preparing for the Bat Mitzvah. Please post pictures!

Kimberley - Sounds like you've done a lot of soul-searching recently. I'm glad that you're staying on top of any deviations from being OP. Now I need to do the same. Your posts have been so inspiring!

Kathy- Welcome!

Healthydays, Jillian, Leigh, Amy you are all missed. bcb_sad

Ok, make it a great day, buddies! :bcbkickbu

Whoo, yesterday was a doozy. As you may know I didn't sleep monday night. I worked the whole day yesterday and could barely get anything truly accomplished due to the lack of sleep. Tuesday night is also a church night for us, so I vomitted before I left work due to no sleep + allergies. I picked up dh we headed to church and didn't leave till 10:30. At which time, dh decided he had to go to ihop, so we did. I slept fine last night but I could have used another 3 hours of sleep. I didn't have time to wash my hair this morning..eww:bcb_sick:...so it's gross and totally not pretty! But I'm here! Got some work to do today and hopefully then I can catch up on gre prep. My friends are being really supportive of this idea of getting a graduate degree in creative writing. I'm glad I have the support, at first I had mixed feelings due to job limitations. But I'm finding the older I get, the less motivated I am by money!

I went offplan yesterday. As you know I alot my WPA to days of the week. Yesterday I went over my alottment and didn't have any APs due to not feeling well. Also, didn't get any water. I was okay as far as liquids go with this new rule, but I try to stick to the old rule of water. My plan is to not use WPA alotted for today nor my APs and this should balance out with yesterday, then tomorrow life can be normal again. I don't know if I can survive on my target alone, but I'll have to try.

Cindy- I'm glad you're getting to a solution for the problem. It seems like you are back in control of things. That was a really stressful situation and I think you handled it as well as anyone could have.

blk-weight.png

Good Morning! :wave:

Believe it or not, I'm *still* tired. I'm starting to think that it was just the excess of exercise that was keeping me energized. Now that I'm exercising less, I'm tired ALL THE TIME!! I didn't even have the energy this morning to go to the gym. I'm still here in my PJs trying to work up the energy to either walk to the grocery store or go down and do my planned FIRM workout. TOM is impending and the hormones are hitting me harder than usual this month. :bcb_huh:

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Cindy- GREAT to hear from you!! I'm glad you guys are working on a plan going forward to recoup the money. I hope it works out well!! Good for you to realize that you can be stressed and thin or stressed and fat. The stress isn't going to change but how we react to it can!!

Jeni- I've had a rough go this week as I used all my WPAs (and then some) on Friday and I've had just my Target plus APs this week. I've been doing less exercise this week so I have even less APs to use. It's not easy but I've been relying a lot on raw veggies to get me through!

Kimberley

Kimberly- I know what you're saying about raw veggis! The change in your exercise routine could be affecting your hormones which makes TOM worse, but it shouldn't be as bad next month. I don't know if that helps:bcb_worry. I'm going to the dr. Friday to see if I have endometriosis (wut fun)!

blk-weight.png

Happy Wednesday!

We have been at the hospital all morning for a procedure for DH. He has to have it every three months in order to catch any bad cells that may morph into cancer of the esophagus. While he's sleeping off the anesthesia, I'll write a brief note.

OP yesterday & will be OP today! Lovin' the vegies! With temps in low 90s here today, I won't have any problem getting in all the water/liquids I need.

Cindy, I have always wished that I was one of those people who quit eating when stressed or worried. Unfortunately, the opposite has always been the case. It sounds like you and DH are getting a plan together about the company and that you have some forward motion in effect. That will get you to a settlement, I'm sure.

Kimberley, when I am anemic, I have that "too tired to do anything and nothing helps it" feeling. Do you tend to become anemic? Usually, I just go on iron tablets for a few days and I'm fine again. If you continue feeling very tired, you may want to get it checked out.

Jeni, and for tonight...the doctor prescribes sleep! You have a good plan for making up for yesterday.

Hi, everyone else!

Kathy, I don't remember if I responded to your first post. Welcome to DFD! It's a great group of serious WWers who are determined to get to our goals even if life offers some detours from time to time. For me, quitting is not an option.

Take care!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Did my weights, not as many as I would have liked to but more than last week and considering I didn't do any for a couple of weeks, I guess that's to be expected. I'm going to have an OP day today.

Deedee- Thanks for the encouragement and fyi it's 97 here today and it's only April, sooo not looking forward to July and August!

blk-weight.png

Jeni, UGH! 97 degrees? And, you have something that we don't have....humidity...to make it feel even hotter. (It is currently 88 degrees with 8% humidity here.)

A friend in New Hampshire asked about visiting us in late June "when the weather still feels like spring." I laughed and enlightened her that by late June it feels like an oven turned up to "roast" here! I fear we may be getting a too early start on that! Hang in there!

Good for you on the weights & on being OP!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

NIGHTMARE ON MAIN STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!

My four point lunch just exponentially multiplied. I brought a frozen shrimp lunch yesterday, which I didn't eat. I felt a need to get out of the building and wasn't up to working out, so I went to a local Indian retraunt across the street. It's close and the only authentic place in Austin. I got a decent meal which was spicy enough to cut out some of the drainage. Anyhow, I kept the frozen shrimp dinner in my lunch box expecting to eat it for dinner. When we didn't leave church until 10:30 I put the whole box back in the fridge and brought it for today. You guessed it! Shrimp went bad. (It was one of those lean cuisines that are frozen before the food is cooked). I went to get something healthy for lunch but first stopped at the ATM. The guy who owns the place complains about the .20 he's charged for checks if they're less than $5. ATM deducted my money but never spit it out! I called the company they said call back tomorrow. Anyhow came back up and grabbed the almight check book. Then went in search of health food. Aaarrgg! The closest thing I found was a turkey and cheese sandwhich, but I'm smart I asked before I bought. It had mayonaise on it. I do not and am not willing to use points on mayo! So, I bought a salad (and a coke have to spend $5) It was mostly raw veggis, but it had quite a bit of cheese:bcb_mad2 and three small strips of ham and turkey rolled up together and a hard boiled egg. I cleaned the yellow outof the egg and threw it away and used salt instead of dressing. How many points was the salad?

blk-weight.png

OP day here! :bcb_happy

I made the deep dish pizza for dinner and my DS ate more than I did at a meal for the first time ever. :bcb_grin I have one point left for a WW frozen bar later. For the first time in a long time, I will be going to bed just a tiny bit hungry. Target plus APs is really tough for me, but certainly not going to kill me. :bcb_wink3 I would like to get into the practice of eating less at night anyway.

Cindy- I've spent the past 5 days in the "Target Club" *and* I've got the bottomless pit hunger from PMS. It's been BRUTAL this week. I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. I go to bed *very* hungry every single night. I'm definitely in some kind of "binge purgatory" to make up for Thursday & Friday last week. I'm going to have to be VERY careful on Friday when my WPAs reset because I've had to hold myself *so tightly* this past week. If I have to keep this up too much longer, I will likely face some kind of meltdown. I'd like to stay with Flex one more week to get through my May WI at WW next Friday (May 1st) and then switch back to Core. But if the hunger doesn't start to subside first, I'm going to have to go back to Core for self-preservation purposes!!

Jeni- I like cheese on my salads, but it can eat into the points (pun intended)! It's hard to tell without seeing it. Try your best to estimate how much cheese there was and probably add 2 more points (one for the meat, one for the egg white).

Deedee- I hope DH is feeling okay tonight!! I'm anemic. The irony here is that I've been eating more red meat & leafy greens this past week!! I think it's a mixture of things-- detoxing after bingeing last week, dealing with PMS, all the backlash from the previous weeks of pushing myself too hard and probably a low-level virus as well. All through the fall & winter I had this "mysterious" thing where I'd have ZERO energy for 1-2 days a month and just wake up the next day feeling fine. It's probably tied to my cycle but I'm way too lazy to actually track for any kind of correlation.

Kimberley

Hi Buddies,

DH had supper ready when I came home from work, then DD and I went shopping for a little while. She's 19 and I don't get a lot of time with her, so I jumped on the opportunity. She was up early this morning and I got about 10 minutes to visit with her before I went to work, it was so nice. I love those special moments.:bcb_smile

I am really missing my dgd. I know it's just been a few days (Sunday) but I need me some Hailey time.

Op is going fine. The weather has been cool, so I haven't gotten out on my new bike yet. I am gone all day Saturday, and I hear it's supposed to get pretty cold by Sunday again. Oh well, it shouldn't be that much longer.

Cindy!!! Welcome back buddy. I was so happy to see you posting today! That sure is a mess that you are dealing with, but it sounds like you are figuring some things out. LOL, yes stressed and thin is better then stressed and fat. That made me laugh.

Jeni~Good job doing the weights. That's an area I need to do better with.

Kimberley~Sorry you are so tired yet. I hope you can find some balance with your exercise. You'll figure it out.

DeeDee~Good job with being OP. Ya know, I do love veggies, and I love that many of them are 0 points. Sometimes when hunger is out of control, I am sooo thankful for my veggies. Or when I am not hungry, but just feel like eating, veggies are so good. When I came home from shopping tonight, my DS was eating a cucumber, my last cucumber. I was a little sad about that, as that baby was going to go into my lunch tomorrow. Oh well.

Well, buddies, it's almost my bedtime. See ya tomorrow.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I'm here you guys.... I've just been really busy and not spending much time on the computer except to check emails and lurking here quickly just to stay in contact. I've been doing great, and hitting it pretty hard at the gym, trying to lose as much weight as I can till I go on vacation. I've got a closet full of clothes I'd like to fit into. 14.5 more pounds to get back to goal. I'd like to do it in 4 weeks, before I leave. I know it's unreasonable, but if they can do it on "the Biggest Loser", I can try my best.

I'll try to catch up on the posts this weekend, starting with this one. Looks like I've missed a lot. Take care y'all.