Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

I Had The Best Day, Mentally, That I've Had In A LONG Time!

And it was Peggy's story that helped me.

Instead of thinking about the next meal, or the next hour, or day or week...I thought about this coming YEAR! :salut

I've thought of YEARS regarding maintenance before.

But never a YEAR for losing/being on-program.

It's a relief to think of it that way. Don't ask me "why"! :bcb_confu

The year's going to go by anyway. It's going to FLY by anyway (as Peggy said :bcb_smile)...

Why not commit to making it a great (OP) YEAR?! :bcb_happy:salut I'm so glad Peggy mentioned that. :salut And I'm so glad that she proved it can be done.

Who was it that said, "In a year you're going to wish you had started today." (Mark Twain?...)

Remarks? Opinions?...:kiss:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Whoa, Carol, that quote really hit me! I was curious who said that, and it seems it was Karen Lamb--

"A year from now you may wish you had started today."

(BTW, in case you don't know who she is -- I didn't -- she was the widow of Mayor Maier of Milwaukee, was a *** rights activist, and actually just died this year. A little trivia there!)

Also, in my quest, I found a quote about successful people being the ones who do the things that other people don't want to do -- they don't want to do those things either, but they do them anyway. I never thought of that!! Most people don't reaallllyyyy want to change their habits.....so they don't. We, however, are changing habits, staying OP, upping our exercise, journaling, and watching what we eat. Yes, it may be boring, irritating, and downright hard at times...but we do it anyway. If we stop, we won't succeed....so we do it anyway.

:salut:salut

And you go girl with your new resolve!!!:salut

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Carol exactly! My thinking was look at how fast my children grew up before my very eyes. Did I want to look back and wonder WHY I did not do it THIS year instead of next year? Did I want another year in size 32 pants? The thought I had 130 lbs to lose scared me to death but it was the year that won me over. One year I can do....

It is a nice way to think of it really.

Peg

I couldn't agree more! When I recommitted almost two years ago, I was dismayed at having to lose 100lbs. I didn't think as much in terms of weight loss milestones and time frames. I just told myself to stay OP and the rest would get taken care of. I only weighed myself once a month for the first year as well. I got up well over 500 days straight OP until I was close to Lifetime. This maintenance stuff is harder to deal with because there's no strict points total so it can mess with the mind. That's what I like about Core for maintenance though because you eat the same to lose the weight as you do to maintain it!

Kimberley

That's so funny, Katie...In my Palm I've written "A year from now you are going to wish you had started today"--Mark Twain.

Then I googled Mark Twain quotes, and it was a bear looking for it...

So I GOOGLED the quote and guess what?! :bcb_huh:

Google presented two times the quote appeared. In MY POSTS on BCB! :bcb_grin LOL!

(DH just now said, "That doesn't sound like Mark Twain..." LOL.)

So I am a fount of MISINFORMATION. :bcb_up

And I picked it up from somebody else who was misinformed...:bcb_LOL:

Peggy~ Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "Time flies whether you're having fun or not.":bcb_bigsm

Kimberley~ You haven't found your maintenance-groove yet...When you do, it'll be easier. Have you read the Phases Of Maintenance I showed Peg yesterday?...

Carol I printed out the responses in that link you sent me, 12 pages. I am reading them now in very small print. They are great so far and thanks so much for that link.

Peg

12 pages of small print!?...

That thread grew! :bcb_grin

The one I read was positive and funny. I hope it stays that way throughout, for you~ :wave:

Oh, Carol, I'm so embarassed. You wrote that you had written that quote in your Palm, and I said to myself "why did Carol write that on her palm? How long has she had it on there, and didn't it wash off when she showered??" :) :)

Wow, I'm out of the loop with technology! :)

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Oh, Carol, I'm so embarassed. You wrote that you had written that quote in your Palm, and I said to myself "why did Carol write that on her palm? How long has she had it on there, and didn't it wash off when she showered??" :) :)

Wow, I'm out of the loop with technology! :)

It probably would've come off if I'd used soap...! :bcb_wink3:bcb_grin:bcb_LOL:

I had to read the PALM part three times also.

Hmmm, maybe writing an inspiring quote on my palm would be a good idea today!!

Love the quote.

I also had a great day yesterday thanks to Peg's story.

CW 141/GW 128

Teg

The journey only looks long from the beginning. The reality is that when we look back up the path, we can be happy we started or we can wish we had. CW

That's one of my favorite CW quotes. It is so true. It fits here, too.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Oooooooooooo, good one, Donna! :bcb_smile (And CW! :buddysmoo )

The journey only looks long from the beginning. The reality is that when we look back up the path, we can be happy we started or we can wish we had. CW

That's one of my favorite CW quotes. It is so true. It fits here, too.

SUCH a great quote.:salut:bcb_smile

Just wanted to say: I had a SECOND best day, mentally, that I've had in a long time...

I'm on a ROLL with good thoughts/good behaviors. :bcb_smile:salut

Thanks to inspirational stories, and thought provoking (behavior changing) discussions, here on BCB~ :wave:

Carol I second that thanks. Thank you to the people at BCB who keep this a safe place where we CAN be open and honest and get a kick now and then too.

Peg

3rd great day in a row...! :bcb_grin

I'm not fighting demons.

90 year old Dmom was torn about wanting ice cream when I was in her place. I said, "I'll go buy it for you. Do you want it?..." "Well..." she said, feel indecisive. (She's been eating some things she shouldn't, and it's been making her feel sick.:bcb_sick:)

I said, "I'm not going to have any. I'm going to be on-program for a YEAR."

And her face looked like this: :bcb_huh:

"Yep. ONE YEAR." :bcb_smile

And then she said, "I don't want any!" :bcb_bigsm And she was positive!

LOL!

(Yes, I know. Anybuddy can have ice cream on WWs. Count the points. But I'm just telling you how it went down today.)

Wow, Carol, you're changing the world one person at a time! :salut A really assertive, positive attitude will take you very far. We can't be passive in any area of our life and expect to improve or grow. And if we wait to find someone to follow, we may be waiting at a bus stop that's not on the route!!

*He leadeth me.

This is the best thread!!! It came at exactly the right time for me. I can't believe how lucky I am to have the smartest buddies in the world!! :bcb_up :bcb_bigsm

I printed out the quotes and taped them to the inside cover of my journal. I'm back on my journey, armed and ready for whatever stands in my way :bcb_march :bcb_salut!!

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Working on turning around my "stinkin' thinkin"

Isn't it funny how so many of us need the same threads at the same time ???

Glad my buddies are here to help me !!!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

I started Weight Watchers 7 years ago this past January. It took me 7 months to lose 35 pounds and now I have kept it off for 6 1/2 YEARS!!!! Those years would have gone by anyway and I have been a much happier person since I have lost the weight.

My favorite saying is "SLOWER IS FASTER THAN NEVER" so start now and you will get there!

Lasvegasleader

My favorite saying is "SLOWER IS FASTER THAN NEVER" so start now and you will get there!

Now that is one I'll remember.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Lasvegasleader

Great one, LVL! :bcb_smile

Another great day. My mind is in the right place. This "year" thing (Peg's idea) is working wonderfully for me.

We went into Costco, and I pointed out the samples to DH and DS...For me, I thought, "Maybe next year..." :bcb_up:bcb_bigsm

No struggles whatsoever. :salut

"Strength is a matter of a made-up mind." Edmund Burke:salut

:wave:

Over the last several days, what Peggy said been on my mind. With yesterday being my birthday....I started thinking about where I wanted to be a year from now! :bcb_worry

I thought about what is "good in my life RIGHT NOW"! THE MOST IMPORTANT: I am blessed with a loving husband, children, and siblings. I am coming to terms with the death of my parents in a healthy manner...the loss hurt so much, but the love and memories of my parents will be with me forever. (It took me a year to realize that.)

My thoughts about me: I am the healthiest I have been in years. I am still working on my cholesterol levels...my next appointment to check my levels again will be in 3 months...IF I have to go on medicine, it will not be because I did not try everything to stay off meds. I have learned that my body will not be the same as it was when I was a senior in high school...so for a 52 year old woman...with all the laugh lines and wrinkles...I am at a good place!

SO...for me...using the weight loss tools that I know work...I will have a healthy year!

"A year from now, I will..........I have not been able to think about that til now!

Thanks buddies for "listening" to me!

~*Melodee*~

th_flowers.gif

Great thoughts. And what a good thing to think about! :bcb_bigsm

Nice birthday present you gave yourself~ :buddysmoo