Health Discovery Network
BarbA

Simple Chicken Tips with Gravy - 3.9 Points

Simple Chicken Tips with Gravy - 3.9 Points

20090309_ChckenTips.jpg

• 1 small sweet onion diced
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
  • 1 - 2 soup cans water
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tsp instant coffee granules (mostly for color and to deepens the flavor - you could use a splash of "regular coffee")
  • 1/2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet
  • non-stick cooking spray
  • Kosher Salt & Pepper
  • Poultry Seasoning

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stck cooking spray. Add the onion, sprinkle with kosher salt & pepper and cook until just turning transparent and starting to brown. Add the cut chicken. It may stick, just leave it for a minute to give it a sear then toss in the pan a few times. Add a shake of Poultry Seasoning

Once the chicken is brown, pile it in the middle of the pan. Pour the cans of cream of chicken soup on the chicken. The pan may be too hot, which is why you dump the soup on the chicken. Now, fill one can with water. Give it a stir to get the soup that stuck and pour it in the skillet. Stir it until dissolved. You can add another half can water if needed. It’ll look gross for a bit until everything dissolves. Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce, coffee granules, and Kitchen Bouquet. Bring to a boil then cover and lower to a simmer until ready to serve.

6 Servings - Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 192 Calories; 3g Fat (16.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 753mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serve with Mashed potatoes or rice, and peas - or other veggie of choice.

We have 5 in our family, when i divide evenly it's 231 calories; 4 fat; 1 fiber = 4.8 points if you do this for 5 servings

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

It looks yummy. I love the soup based gravy idea. Thanks for the tip. :bcb_grin

Lord walk with me with your arm around my shoulder

and your hand across my mouth

Looks delicious! I have a question...what is Kitchen Bouquet? Is it a spice?

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Kitchen bouquet is used to help make a dish look "brown" ... a few drops will brown up soups, broths, gravies etc. It has a vegetable base/flavor and sodium in it. 1 tsp has only 15 calories, and 10 mg sodium!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thanks Barb!! I'll have to look for it at my grocery store.

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Guest ShrinkingKaren

I made this two weeks ago and it was great. DH approved!

I served it with broccoli florets & light garlic bread for a filling 6 point meal. The extra gravy on top of the broccoli was excellent.

3965261453_f796d2a282.jpg