Health Discovery Network
Twinmommy1

Any advice for a newbie???

Hello to you all!

What a relief it was to see that there was a weight watchers support group out there. I do well going to the WW meetings but mid-week I seem to lack that positive reinforcement. Any advice to a new member? I have about 80 pounds to lose...

Thanks!

:welcome:

Here's some advice, (in no particular order):

• Attend weekly meetings
  • Read your program materials, then read them again
  • Plan, plan, plan
  • Be sure to eat ALL of your points every day, undereating will not help you lose more rapidly
  • Remember this is a process, it made not be a smooth ride
  • Set small goals for yourself along the way (much easier than looking at the total). And don't set dates for those goal if they are weight loss related.
  • Never, ever beat yourself up along the way
  • Remember it's not a race (or a competition)
  • Have fun!

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Twinmommy, may I add to the wonderful advice given so far:

Use BCB as an added support group! Read around the forum, find a group you identify with, and post and post often! This keeps you accountable during the week!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Guest BeanBlossom

Use BCB for all it's worth! and everything Luanne said:bcb_grin

I've already lost almost 60 pounds, and BCB is getting me through the final push. I also attend meetings, do WW online, and I have a buddy.

I would say my #1 piece of advice is accountability. Find as many people as possible to be accountable to. Tell everyone what you're doing (even if they look at you funny) and then be brutality honest with yourself on the journey. It takes a lot of patience, and a lot of "new" learning. Be kind to yourself and remember it didn't take you a week to gain the weight and you aren't going to lose it in a week (or maybe even 6 months, or maybe even a year). But if you just keep going you'll make it to the finish line.

Twin Mommy, how old ar they? My daughter is pregnant with twins. They will be here in June.

I too am a newbie. I just sign on and try to get involved with a chat room. Just reading other conversations keeps you motivated.

Good Luck and welcome.

SW 177

CW 171

GW 147

I'M Worth It!!!

Hello there, I'm new and thought this looked like a good place to jump in. I can always use some good advice. I've been doing WW for a while and I really need a buddy to keep me on track. Sound like you guys are just the ticket.

Laura P

weight.png

Guest BeanBlossom

Laura - have fun exploring the boards. There are so many excellent places to get support!

Laura: Welcome!

and...keep reading, find a group you like, post and post often!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Thanks for the welcome. I weighed in yesterday and was down by .8 pounds and really want to keep it going in the right direction.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura P

weight.png