Health Discovery Network
soya

Do you lose as much on SF/Core?

Hello Folks,

I know that on Flex, one's calories are pretty strictly controlled, and so one theoretically should lose .5-2 lbs a week.

How much should one lose on Core? Does the weight loss continue? Does one have to pay closer attention to when one gets full to get a loss as time passes?

My personal situation is this: I am pretty close to my goal, and on Flex when I made lifetime before (in 2003) it was almost impossible for me to get below 131. I have decided on 135 as my new goal, because it seems manageable without to much struggle for the longer term.

But I am wondering... can I get there on Core? So far it has been working wonderfully!

Thanks!

weight.png

weight.png

Personally, I see better losses on SF / Core. That's because I eat healthier, more satisfying foods. When I follow Flex I tend to spend my points less wisely (2 point snacks, more prepared foods, not as much fruit).

For me, SF/Core is a lifestyle that I can follow for LIFE. I cannot imagine counting points forever - but eating this way is possible to sustain.

Becky

You can definitely get there on SF/Core. :salut

And I think it's the BEST Lifetime Maintenance program. :bcb_bigsm

So, if you're close to goal, this is a great time to learn what you need to learn about SF/Core. And that will make maintenance just that much easier...:bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

After almost four years at goal, this answer seems obvious to me, but I remember being in your shoes (when I had the same question)!

I never had a lot of weight to lose and when I returned to WW in June 2005 I was 14 lbs over goal. Core seemed too good to be true, but of course it worked just dandy. But I also wondered if I could get below 150. I figured it might work if you had a lot to lose, but could this really get me to goal.... I bet I posted something just like this back then. I might try to find it....or maybe I just THOUGHT of asking this question.

I was delighted when I kept losing after I got to 150. In fact I got back to goal in about 2 months....And I have been happily doing core/sf and maintaining anywhere from the 130s to the mid 140s ever since.

Core/SF works!

It works if you have a LOT to lose or if you have a little to lose or if you are just trying to maintain:bcb_smile! (That covers it doesn't it?)

And you will probably find there are things you need to adjust along the way (eating more/less, etc.), but you'll figure it out...

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I think it can work just as well or better, however you do have to follow the rules. It is not eat as much as you want even of the SF foods. if you do that you won't lose.

You have to learn to listen to your body more on SF. But for sure it is healthier and easy to follow for your entire life.

McCall

----------------------------------------------

weight.png

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

WWLynn's first posts from long ago:

" If you're considering switching from a low carb diet to WW core DO IT!!

I just did this...switched from eating very low carb, which I had been doing for over two years, to WW core...I had become very convinced that my body needed me to eat very low carb (like less than 40grams per day) in order for me to not have cravings...I have "been around" WW for a LONG time, since my mom started in the 60s! (off and on going myself). I have never been very overweight, 15-20 pounds, but have always had problems with bingeing...I had been a very healthy eater, lots of veggies, fruit etc. but the more I got into LOW CARB (which happened over several years) the worse my eating habits became in terms of what most people (other than devout low carbers) consider healthy. I was eating lots of low carb bars, lots of full fat cheese, meat etc. and hardly eating any vegetables and almost no whole grains or fruit. I was REALLY convinced I could eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and whole grains without having terrible cravings and other things associated with high carb, BUT having started core a week and a half ago, I am HAPPY TO REPORT that I don't feel any differently (certainly not any worse, if anything BETTER) eating LOTS more whole grains, veggies and fruit. I am eating pretty much NO cheese and of course still eating lean protein and have added fat free yogurt and milk...I really feel great, feel more satisfied (in terms of appetite) and the whole idea of the core plan seems true...I feel more naturally satisfied with the healthy food I am now eating (again!).

I am saying all this because if you, like I was, are into very low carb eating and are convinced that your body would react horribly to adding things like whole grains, veggies (starchy veggies even!), milk and milk products like yogurt, and (heaven forbid) fruit, and if you find yourself NOT LOSING WEIGHT while eating low carb (I forgot to mention this earlier--this is what brought me back to weight watchers, I was even gaining and unable to lose)...PLEASE CONSIDER trying WW core...

I figure there are people who stumble into this site, like I did, who might be helped by hearing from a former die-hard low carber who is back to eating HEALTHY because I switched to Core AND I am actually feeling good and losing weight!!!!

Sorry for the rather long testimonial, hope it helps someone out there!"

And,

I thought this would be a good thread...what specific thing do you really LOVE about core...okay, there are TONS of things we all love about core, but here are TWO from me...

Even if I overeat (I occasionally overeat core foods )...I end up NOT HUNGRY the next day...vs. wracked with guilt and/or experiencing sugar highs and lows that cause me to KEEP overeating and/or go off program with my choices etc (of course overeating core foods IS going off program)....I overate yesterday (core foods at least!) and today, I just wasn't hungry and (I KNOW this isn't recommended) didn't end up eating anything til lunch time...this worked for me...I truly wasn't hungry and couldn't even make myself eat because I wasn't hungry...

Also, isn't it great to be "dieting" (er, I mean, changing your lifestyle/eating in a way that is healthy and wonderful, exercizing etc. and others notice this and think you are crazy and feel sorry for you because surely you feel deprived of those unhealthy foods THEY are eating!) and actually losing weight? Don't you hate it when you're (noticeably) "dieting"/exercizing and you AREN'T losing weight (which is also noticeable to all around you) and therefore you just look kind of silly to them??? (tsk tsk, poor thing, working out AND not eating these "tasty"--high fat/high sugar/processed--foods and NOT even losing weight)... My coworkers and family all knew I was lowcarbing for years and could pretty clearly also see I wasn't losing weight! I have had people comment about this to me! So NOW they can see that I eat healthy and exercize a LOT AND I they can also see that I actually LOOK better, COOL !!"

And,

"I am stealing this thread idea from the official WW core community, where I have been hanging out a little since I can't get here from my home computer...it started with a woman complaining that her toenails and fingernails grow too fast on core...I thought we could have fun with this...the things we "hate" about core.

...like I hate that my clothes are all too big now...and as you've heard me whine too many times now. I just didn't expect it, since I didn't have that much to lose to get back to goal and I've been this size since I was about 12 years old!!!!

So what other kinds of things do you "hate" about core....hmmm like the fact that there are SO MANY terrific core foods, it's hard to choose which ones you want TODAY!?!

Oh and sometimes the way my thighs no longer rub together when I walk or run...sometimes that NEW feeling, kind of FREAKS me out!!!!"

Thought Lynn might like a walk down Memory Lane...:bcb_bigsm:salut

those old posts of lynn's are awesome, thank you for re-posting them!

liz

sw 190 3/31/09

cw 183.2 5/14/09

gw 130

5'5"

Thanks for pulling those up Carol!:bcb_smile It is funny to read me saying that I'd been doing core for a week and a half!!!! WOW...now almost four years later....hmmm, I think I'd been saying it was three years but indeed it is almost FOUR years now!!!!

And, I have to say, that amidst all the other things I've learned in the past four years, one of them is how to spell the word EXERCISE:bcb_grin!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

WWCarol - thanks for the post and WWLynn thanks for writing this four years ago. I am in my first week of SF and I found these posts very inspiring. Thanks for taking the time to share this with everyone. It really is a service for many of us.

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

Lynn's ENTHUSIASM was evident, right from the start, wasn't it, Buddies?! :bcb_bigsm:salut

You seem to have felt so relieved on Core, Lynn!:bcb_smile

:wave:

Thanks for those quotes! That clears things up for me! Lynn, you are an inspiration!

I do like Core, because it is very similar to how I normally eat, minus the sweets. And, I have WPA and APs for breads, cheese and sweets, so, what more do I need? Well, I need to lose 9 lbs!

I think Core can do it for me.

Cheers!

weight.png

weight.png