Health Discovery Network
WolfDreamerNZ

Need help to find my way back please.

Hi guys,

I haven't been here in a long long time and then I got a birthday greeting the other day and it got me thinking. While I was never a huge poster - I did enjoy following the conversation and I think it helped to know other people on the same track as me.

So I have found my way back and am in need of some support. Quick version of story is I was doing very well on my own - had lost over 25kg / 55lbs and then I let life get in the way.

Much has happened over the last few years - including separating from my husband recently and I am now giving myself the opportunity to start again and take care of me. Still a very difficult concept to grasp - but am working on it.

The last few months have been tough - and I have lacked the motivation to do anything - no exercise, no cooking, nothing. The result is a temporary 6kg weight gain. This will go away when I stop eating all the processed takeaways that I have lived on for the last 3 weeks, but I need to restart my motivation for improvement. And I thought what better place to come back to than here. You guys are some of the most inspiring people I know.

I think for the next few weeks I need a Momma Hen - somebody to just help me get back on my walking feet and keep me pointed in the right direction. It won't be forever - just until I can I get the momentum going again to keep me rolling.

Anybody up to the challenge? :bcb_blush

Lisa Wood

"WolfDreamerNZ"

Blog: From Dumpy to Divalicious

Starting weight: 116.5kg / 256.3lbs

Current weight: 97.5kg / 214.5lbs

Goal weight: 60kg / 132lbs

Hi, Lisa! I checked out your blog and your "before" and "after" pics are amazing! Way to go, girl!! And this present situation is just a little blip on your radar screen -- you have caught yourself before you got too far and you're reining yourself back in. Kudos!:salut:salut

I would suggest that you join a forum here -- an age forum, or "how much you have to lose" forum. You can really get to know people there and everyone shares and encourages--especially when you become a part of the "Daily" thread most forums have.

If I can help you in any way, I would be happy to -- just post here or send me a message!

And good job coming back to BCB!!:bcb_up

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Lisa, You are doing great, picking yourself up before things get out of hand! And Katie's right, joining a forum is a good idea; and even though you no longer need to lose 100 pounds, the 100+ forum is a good one--that's the one I post on...but they're all good! hope to see more of you! Or less of you, I guess! :bcb_grin (great photos, btw!)

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Lisa, welcome back to BCB. I have been gone for the last month and I know how much I need this site during my journey. I love the support and encouragement I get here. You're on the right path and this small bump will pass. Good luck and hopefully I'll "see" you around!

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Guest BeanBlossom

Great job getting back on board. I had never posted on an internet site in my life until BCB and now I'm an addict!:bcb_grin

Don't be afraid to get on the boards and make a nuisance of yourself. This is the one place where being shy doesn't apply - because we're just hanging out in cyberspace sharing and caring!

You can do this. Take yourself seriously, and your journey seriously, and you'll reach your goals. Make them small at first, and attainable, and don't beat yourself up over the little stuff.

Today you're out of excuses! :bcb_bravo

Guest Babe Ruthless

Lisa, I've been there and I'm doing that... I had lost 62 pounds on this great program with the support of this great board but somehow along the way I lost my motivation and stopped doing everything that I learned would keep me healthy. So now I am 12 pounds heavier than I was when I started and it sucks.

So I'm back On Program, committed to me and knowing that I can do this with self love and the support of my friends and family.

Lisa, if you want a buddy on this journey, send me a message and together we can do this. I know it!

Thank you everyone for your welcoming. Sometimes I just need a reminder to put one foot in front of the other and go a step at a time. To this end, I have joined a new gym that is opening on Sat, went for a walk yesterday and am going again today and am trying to get my stress under control.

I'm looking forward, to looking forward to this journey again. Thanks again!

Lisa Wood

"WolfDreamerNZ"

Blog: From Dumpy to Divalicious

Starting weight: 116.5kg / 256.3lbs

Current weight: 97.5kg / 214.5lbs

Goal weight: 60kg / 132lbs