Health Discovery Network
Laurdee

Delta Force Daily ~ Friday June 5~

Delta Force Daily ~ :bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

This thread is for very, very serious BCBers. This thread open to anyone, all weights and ages, but you have to abide by the rules:

1. No whining

2. No complaining

3. No excuses

4. If you go off program, post a plan on how you will do better next time!

So, are you in?? :bcb_smile

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Remember the song, "There's Got to be a Morning After"? i think it was from the Poseidon Adventure movie. Well, that's me in a nutshell. There's GOT to be a morning after, I suppose! Even though, THIS morning, I just wish I could stay in bed. No, nothing hurts from the race, but I couldn't get to sleep. Last I checked, it was 2AM. Radio went on at 6AM. I'm durn tired!!:bcb_huh: I've got a training session with me new trainer at 5:30, THEN I can collapse! I hope!!

Check out my pic in yesterday's column!! A bit red-faced, but still standing! And, still smiling!!

Today will be day one of my journaling week, as I normally weigh in on Friday (I went on my lunch break only to find out that they did away with their noon weigh-ins:bcb_down)

So, must finish my breakfast, journal, and get the heck out of here!!

Later my friends,

L:bcb_salut

Author unknown

No WONDER I'm so freakin tired! For some unknown reason, the clock radio in my bedroom was an HOUR AHEAD!!!:bcb_cry::bcb_cry::bcb_cry: So, I got up at what I thought was 6:00, but, and I didn't realize this until I was already in my car on my way to work, it was really only 5:00. How the heck did THAT happen???? I never even looked at the time on the microwave, or computer, or oven or ANYWHERE!! Not until I got into my car and was driving. I pulled over and called home! Asked DH what time it was. He checked all the clocks, sure enough, it was only 6:45 NOT 7:45. I don't start work till 8:00, so I had to turn around and come home.

Now, I'm going to be functioning (if we can call it that!) on 3 hours sleep! 4 was going to be bad enough, but :bcb_huh: I just want to cry.:bcb_down

Oh well, guess I'll catch up on General Hospital that I didn't watch last night.:bcb_blush

Author unknown

Good morning!

Oh Laurie - WOW!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you girlfriend! What and AMAZING accomplishment! You are indeed an inspiration! Keep it up. :bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu:bcbkickbu

Just read your post about your alarm clock - poor thing!

Kimberley, I always appreciate your suggestions! I think this week I have been eating most of those 5 WPA's each day. Don't know what baked falafel is .. never heard of it!

Lynn, good job on journaling - keep it up!:bcbkickbu

Leigh, GREAT job on staying OP this week!

Trudie, we're the same age.. not sure of your height, I am 5'5" (almost). I really think you exercise MUCH more then I do, and you must have much more muscle mass too... I really do think you could be eating more and maintain.. but at the same time, your body has probably been fighting to hold onto things (a little like starvation mode). I found that when I first lost my weight, I did the same thing, believing I couldn't maintain if I ate more then say 28-29 points. Now however, I know that if I am exercising and I get my metabolism up.. I can eat a lot more points and maintain. But - this is where I always get myself in trouble. I lose the weight and get my body in good shape, and start cheating.. I can cheat for 2-3 months, eating what I want - and then.. I get lazy and then the weight starts to creep back on. Anyway, 28 points for how active you, (if I add it up 20 allowed, 5 WPA, and 3 AP's) is basically what someone should be eating to lose weight. Finding the right number has always been hard for me.. but I do know my sister ( a 20 year Lifetime WW member) is active like you, and maintains on 35-40 pts a day!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good Afternoon! :wave:

Another busy day here. I went to WW to WI for the month of June. This is a *huge* thing for me as I hit 160lbs last weekend and that was beyond my grace period to keep Lifetime status. I started telling myself that either I could go WI later in the month or, more alarmingly, that I didn't really *need* to go to WW once a month to WI anyway! :bcb_down You all know where that kind of thinking leads. *rolleyes* But, I pulled myself together in fits and spurts. I used all my WPAs over the weekend. But I did manage to spend the rest of the week sticking to Target + APs (if only because I earned a *ton* of APs this week!!) and, in the end, the scale was flickering between 149 & 150 this morning so I'm back to "normal". I'm glad that I took care of the temporary glycogen/water weight gain before it settled into permanent fat gain and was much more difficult to take care of. I'm not going to sit here and write out yet again that I won't let the yo-yo pattern repeat this month. It feels hollow even to me. I'm just going to focus on each day and take it day by day. I think that setting myself up with all this pressure to not lose and gain the same pounds over and over is making me do exactly that. If I want a different result this month than I've had in previous months, I have to do things differently. And part of that is to just not even think about the past and make this a new month with new challenges to face!

I met up with a couple of friends at the gym this morning to take back to back interval weights/cardio classes. I am SORE right now!! Afterwards, one of the friends came with me to Costco and we had a visit while shopping. Then it was home for a quick lunch and off to run some errands with DH to get ready for him, Claire & Lucas to camp with the Cubs for the weekend. They're leaving as soon as the kids get home from school. It's just me and Nathan until Sunday morning! :crazy: I'm actually not sure what to do with just one kid-- especially since he's the least inclined to do things like biking, walking, etc of all my kids. I guess we'll sit around and stare at each other a lot! LOL :bcb_grin *just kidding*

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Laurie- CONGRATS on the great race!! :bcb_bravo Thanks for sharing the picture. You looked like VICTORY!!

Denise- Baked falafel is ground chickpeas with spices, formed into balls and baked in the oven. I eat them with a gluten-free tortilla. Yummy!

Kimberley

Ok, now...where IS everybody:bcb_confu

Author unknown

Just a quick check in. I've been running back and forth to Roswell Park to visit my brother. He had his surgery. He came home today. It was a cancer of the pancreas, but they called it ampullary (sp?). Supposedly the prognosis is much better for that location. They will know more when they see the surgeon next week. It's been just awful.

I've been reading most days, but just had to congratulate Laurie today on her 5K! Wonderful accomplishment! (especially since I hate running! Walking is ok, not running!) BTW, were you in the photo on the front page of The News today?

I'm 1.8 away from my 10% (for the second time). I must hang on to get my key chain. (I never got one)

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Hello Buddies,

Had a good day at work, and left at 3:30, it was wonderful. I emailed DIL and said she didn't haaave to pick Hailey up right after work. She said she'd let her stay a little longer, so she was here when I got home from work. We played outside a bit, visited the neighbors, and I just enjoyed my time with her. :bcb_smile

It's WI day. I am 128.6. High end of MR, but I am in there. I always seem to weigh less on Saturdays, if I think of it, I might just wi tomorrow to see if it's much different.

Laurie Laurie Laurie! I am so stinkin' proud of you buddy.:bcb_up I jumped on early this morning, but didn't have time to post. Seeing your picture, and reading your post, made my day.

Sorry about our getting up an hr early. I used to work 3am-3pm and at daylight savings, I didn't set my clock back, and I showed up at 2AM, of course, the girls at work got a kick out of that, but it sure made for a long day.:bcb_huh:

Denise~Thanks for the input on maintenance. I am 5'6" so we are close. Wow, your sister can eat 35-40 points??? I can't imagine. That would be great. That really sounds like a LOT of food. I wonder if my body is a bit in a protection mode? I really feel like I do eat a lot though. Right now, I am at 24 points, and I am full. I will eat popcorn later to get my oils in, and probably a Dove Dark chocolate to get to my 29 points, but it's already 7:15. I could be done eating right now. I am having one of those rare days where I am just not hungry.:bcb_huh:

So, how do I retrain my body since I ate at the low end all through losing, and now with maintaining? Kimberley has read enough of my posts over the months and knows my fears/anxiety that I have with adding more points. She suggested taking it slowly and just add one point a week for now. Just wondering if you or anyone else has and thoughts or experiences with this???

Kimberley~Good job NOT letting yourself skip your WI!:bcb_up Good plan to take this day by day, we are here to help you. Kick those pounds to the curb for the last time!

SusieKew~Good job, you'll be at your 10% soon!

Ok, buddies, don't forget to check in!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155